Why was this album hated so much when it came out?

Why was this album hated so much when it came out?

because his fans were scared of how personal he got and sober eminem made them feel guilty for being drug addicts themselves

he's so much smarter than he acts but he is plays a dumbass and thinks he has to music for the kids, it's a big contradiction and he flipping out but this was closer to the truth and people don't wanna hear the truth

He took a left and went raw about his addictions. I didn't hate it but it was like many albums where I listen to it for a week or two and then move on. 3am, Bagpipes from baghdad, Same song & dance, Stay Wide Awake...theres a bunch of above average songs.The sample on Beautiful is one of the few rock samples that works unlike some of his more recent work.

Its a different Eminem before he went even more introspective with his material. I liked it but it was the transition album to whatever he became in the 2010's. I wouldn't be surprised if it an Eminem fans favorite album.

Actually, it's because the music is bad.

no such thing as good or bad music, you have a loooong way to go

This.

because that fake accent is fucking finger nails on chalk board awful

>reason 1
The attempted hit songs are shit. Crack a bottle is pure trash, a 0/10 song, and that other one which was the first reveal was shit too.

>2
The accent was used too much.

>3
The edge was too much for normies in the edgy songs.

That said, the edgy songs on Relapse are hidden gems. The flow, beats and the crazed lyrics are a sweet blend which you can only appreciate if rape jokes can put a smile on your face.

It's his best after SSLP and MMLP.

THIS

there's no fucking way relapse is better than TES lol

>The attempted hit songs are shit.
Except Beautiful that ones pretty good

Raping from the perspective of a made up serial killer is not personal. This album had almost nothing to do with Em's life outside of a few tracks.

The accents and repetitive flows / subject matter is what made this album trash.

em was raped. he has to distort it

TES is good but I think it's overrated, I always come back to Relapse songs but TES songs not so much.

Only retards with no understanding of art think art is subjectively good or bad.

agree. ranking = auto-retard

ITT: brainlets

called someone a brainless = retard

8.5-9/10 album, in his top3 for sure

Great production and flow.

The last Eminem album that really feels like an Eminem album.

I actually like the accent, it feels like he's a really deranged serial killer. It's a great experimental album and normies couldn't handle it so we got pop shit afterwords instead of Relapse 2 which would have been amazing.

Must Be The Ganja, Deja Vu, Hello, 3 AM, Insane, Same Song & Dance, Stay Wide Awake, Old Times Sake, all amazing tracks.

My nibba

Beautiful is an amazing track too imo
Add Music Box and Buffalo Bill from Refill and it could've been a 10/10 without the fillers

great concept, great delivery, great production... real shame he ditched Relapse 2 and switched to mainstream pop shit instead

Music box
Careful what you wish for
Darling
Elevator

are amazing songs. He put his best material in the bonus/extended versions of the album that no one reviewed/really listened to.

Without those songs, it feels like the album is a project that went off the rails because the artist was a drug addicted millionaire suffering some sort of internal struggle surrouned by yes men who couldn't say no to a big star. Accents? sure, Weird horror stories that go nowhere? yeah yeah.

Those songs really contextualize the fucking pain he goes through and why his mind go to dark places. Losing his best friend and main artistic support, the fame and superstardom/tabloid culture, the fear of losing everything, the inability to cope with the fact that you grew up trailer trash and now you're worth 100s of millions of dollars but stayed that 8mile dude inside and present this image to the music industry and the world in general...

So this is why you have a dude that has a hard time staying sober, takes long walks alone at 3 AM playing imaginary horror stories in your head. Loneliness come in different forms.
When I can't sleep at night and get out in the cold to walk around while listening to Relapse to free my mind, the first impression that comes up is.. this guy get it.