Gangs Of New York

How can this movie be so underrated? Even when speaking of Scorseses films, this one never comes up, even though it's great. Why?

>That my friends, is the minority vote.

What did he mean by this?

>muh period films

fuck off

I luv Bill the Bucther. He's epic XD

I actually really enjoy this movie but every other fan I've met acts like that.

that movie wasnt great, but it was alright...

we don't discuss decent or great movies here, just shitty capefaggotry

because Cameron Diaz

Butcher Bill has got to be hands down the best Daniel Day Lewis portrayal so far.

DiCaprio is genuinely bad in this movie. I often don't find his performances the most notable thing about any film he's in but he's exceptionally poor in this. Of course DDL is good, that goes without saying, but as a film, it's not something I ever feel like I need to see again

It's not great at all. DDL is just great in it. DiCaprio and Diaz have no place in the film at all - they're completely out of sorts. There's some really shit editing throughout and the pacing is bad. Scorsese really struggled with a movie of this scope.

Bill did NOTHING wrong.

Fucking Irish scum.

>is your mouth all gummed up with cunny juice?

I wish Bill was my dad.

Its more that he is such an intense character. He's so full of hatred, but at the same time a sort of twisted respect for his enemies. Every time he speaks, he drags you in and gets you invested in a way most antagonists fail to do. Even though he's obviously the villain, you can't help but root for him.

I thought he was alright, what the fuck was that accent though?

I feel like in the middle of the movie they realised how bad it was so they just dropped it for the rest. It just disappears.

>Scorsese didn't cast Cillian Murphy as Amsterdam

What a wasted opportunity.

The most REDDIT flick of all time.

>le top hats and accents

>>>/reddit/

Because reddit wears top hats right??

Second worst Scorsese movie, the worst being The Departed, of course. Both ruined by Di Caprio's performance and poor pacing. G of NY was only saved by DDL performance.

Leo was exceptionally bad, his accent was horrible. Not irish, not new yorker, not even American. Then somehow in the last 35 minutes of the movie he speaks like he does in every other movie he's ever been in. DDL makes it a 9.5/10 through sheer talent.

Bill is obviously evil, yet he has kept his part of the city (if not all of it) running just fine, whereas Amsterdam is nice to the people around him but is ready to tear the entire city down to get his revenge

I don't know if it's Leo or Scorcese that is to blame since during the first half it was so fucking frustrating watching him just stare at something like a retard when he was clearly spoken to

Aside from Leo and Cameron Diaz's stale ass performances, it's actually not a bad movie for about 3/4 of it. Everything after Bill the Butcher learns DiCaprio is trying to kill him is awful and Bill's death is anticlimactic.

Stupid mistake for there not to have been a proper battle at the end. The entire film felt like it was building towards a fight that never happens.

if the film was more about bill and liam neeson instead of leo trying to fuck diaz it would be a solid 8 but the whole diaz arc makes it feel so shitty

I wanted the nativists to win. Fuck the criminal garbage Irish.

Why does Martin Scorsese go out of his way to insult black people in every single one of his movies including Hugo?

Why does he do it? Is he just seething with hatred? I don't understand why he goes out of his way to insult the noble African-American peoples in every single one of his films.

Speaking of the battle of the differences, I definitely "Kundun" over this one, & yet both are highly perfectionated film, though.

'S your mouth all glued-up with cunny juice? I asked you a question!

well he does single handedly carry the movie

well he's an old Italian from New York, it's ingrained inside of him

The most REDDIT post of all time.

>unironic le and straight shitposting

>>>/reddit/

>yfw you realize a man like Bill fucked one of your ancestors

>le ebin edgecuck

>proper battle

What do you mean by that? Seriously, did you want them to pull a pair of swords out of nowhere and start dueling like a couple of samurai? It was the mid 1800's and most people were fighting with guns by that point and the gangs used knives.

He was a tiny asthmatic kid growing up in New York.

What I mean is there's no real conflict between the the two opposing groups of gangs at the end. The cannons start firing and they all disperse.

'hatred'
'villain'