Why didn't Obi Wan just use Force Speed to save Qui Gon?

Why didn't Obi Wan just use Force Speed to save Qui Gon?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=t3dI-ghYimg
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Why can't someone just force-behead another person?

Why didn't Obi One just use Force Heal to heal Qui Gon?

Why didnt Darth Maul just forcepush Obi Wan before Obi Wan leapt and sliced him in half?

youtube.com/watch?v=t3dI-ghYimg

he had already run out of FP and had just enough to pull the saber to him

Obi-Wan was a Sith, he used Maul as a way to kill his master.

Why didn't Vader just use the force to push his diaphragm up and down when his life support system broke? He can choke people from kilometers away but can't squeeze his own lungs?

How many force points does having the high ground give you?

He should have found somewhere to hid from his enemies and wait for his force meter to recharge

He ran out of fp surviving Poppa Palpy's lightning.

Why didn't Sheev just use the Force to fly when Vader through him into that endless pit?

he used all his fp using electroshock conversion therapy on luke

I am sick and tired of the hate the prequels get on this internet forum. Every time it's the same exact nit-picking. You are all the king of the nit-pickers and I'm here to set the record straight.

There is an obvious reason Obi-Wan doesn't use the force to run through the lasers. It is because he is in the middle of a fight for his life and he is having trouble focusing on the force. You can clearly see it in the way the three characters act. Darth Maul is intimidating, exerting his power over the dark side by being threatening and scary. Qui-Gon is meditating, making himself one with the force in an attempt to focus himself during a stressful situation.

What is Obi-Wan doing? He is pacing around, upset and stressed out. He is not being one with the force. He probably is not thinking clearly and having difficulty keeping a level-head.

The point is that his inability to think clearly gets his master killed. This is why when he's in the pit, he begins to focus heavily instead of just acting headstrong like he has throughout the film. He succeeds in defeating Darth Maul because he takes a second to think.

This is also why he's such a dick to Anakin throughout the next two films. He's trying to impart this lesson onto Anakin, and is annoyed that he just is so headstrong like he was.

finally someone with keeno opinions on this sub

Not as much if you deal in absolutes.

Because Kenobi is a Guardian and they have shit Force Points. Dude probably spent all his talents on Force Leap and combat talents.

why did they done stop'd using force speed after this movie? is it because it looked stupid as hell? can't think of any other rreason

Because using it too much would turn Jedi battles into some anime-tier bullshit filled with "He's fast!", and *teleports behind you*.

All 3 were moving at force speed match 5 in this whole fight, ovbiously they filmed it as normal scene otherwise only thing we could see is a blur

>kills Maul
>kills Grievous
>can't even force push himself out of Dooku's force choke or block Dooku's force push

Yeah pretty much

He was only into stage 2 of Force Speed at the time.

He spent most of his XP into High Ground which was quite fortuitous in the long run. Obi Wan had a solid build overall it just didn't pan out right early on in his build.

He's every Guardian player on their first run-through ever. He's even got talents in Blaster Proficiency. You can tell this because he's great at Force Persuasion and has the mandatory Beast Control talent too.

>Stage 2 Force Speed
>High Ground
It's called Force Leap and it's a Jedi Guardian trait only. Dude went all-combat with a few Jedi powers because Guardians have fuck-all FP

>its over anakin, I have the high ground
>from my point of view it is I who has the high ground!

But the right is clearly higher than the left

Obi-wan should have just used the Force to stop Darth Maul's heart, the fuck amateur

This is why Anakin lost

I laughed out load.I fucking love Sup Forums

unlimited powah

Why didn't Darth Maul use Force Drain to heal himself?

He did while he was hanging on to the edge of that pit. He had an adrenal alacrity activated so his FP regenerated faster than Maul was anticipating

He didn't have the power, even though he was ridiculously overlevelled he put all his points into powers like Force Storm , Mind Trick and Force Spin

He could have also used Dark Heal

That was only used in the sequels by Dooku.

user gets it also
prequels > disney shit

He wasn't wise like his master and didn't meditate to restore some of his energy.

He'd have to know what Obi Wan was doing. How many boxers who can box can see a feint? Not many. Especially if your opponent is at first jabbing and goes to round house to your sides but then comes around and upper cuts your ass.

The prequels are reddít and i can prove it.

Obi wan is higher.

His Force pool was low and he didn't bring enough potions with him to the dungeon.

Darth Maul was a retarded DPS only asshole so he was obviously deadder than a deaddy dead thing.

Also
>what is perspective

Only from a certain point of view

that's an illusion created by perspective. we are viewing the battle from the unoccupied corner closer to Obi-wan.

anakins corner is viewed from a distance, thus diminishing its apparent height.

Length and width dont matter hes still higher

prove it then faget

This is the best Star Wars thread ever made. That's not saying much

>not having Absorb for when some edgelord tries to Push or Grip you off a ledge

This. He gave it away in Episode 3

>Obi wan is higher! And look at this giant holding the Eiffel Tower!!!

sick rhyme bro

too much force