>Fett dying pointlessly
>George Lucas' BDSM dreams
>Way too much C3P0 and R2D2
>Han Solo going from roguish bad boy to utter cuck
>More CGI additions than any other film
>Ewoks
>Overrated shit-tier space battle that's a rehash of ANH
>No seriously... fucking Ewoks

Why isn't ROTJ regarded as a piece of shit film? Literally the only good thing is the Luke/Vader/Palpatine scenes

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=PiDRgDmXGi4&ab_channel=Absolut_Andy
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

The throne room scenes are some of the best shot scenes in all of Star Wars. It carried what was otherwise a mediocre SW movie.

I agree with most of those points (I like the last space battle even if its context is derivative). But Luke is the heart of Star Wars, and it handles his character with enough grace to save the movie.

I like it much more than the prequels or TFA, at least. I've yet to see Rogue One; I don't care that much about seeing that one.

but ROTJ is generally recognised as the weakest of the original trilogy by quite some margin?

Luke coming to Jabba's palace is great (we get to see how much he has matured as a person), the sarlacc pit scene is great (lots of tension, Luke being heroic as fuck), the space battle is fucking awesome and not a rehash of ANH at all (there's a whole fleet of cruisers, they fly inside the death star and have to outrun the explosion instead of just get away), the speeder bike scene is awesome and engaging, and yes, the Luke/Vader/Emperor scenes are awesome.

That's called a character arc, and he doesn't become a cuck, he becomes more humble and fully realizes his love for Leia.
>More cgi additions than any other film
Theatrical version
>ewoks
True, but at least they're cute.
>Hating slave Leia
Homo

youtube.com/watch?v=PiDRgDmXGi4&ab_channel=Absolut_Andy

Reminder

That's not in the theatrical version.

Nah you lost me there. Fucking A wings and Interceptors bro. That shit is d o p e .

kino

Easily the weakest of the trilogy, but still great.

rogue one is easily better than this

It's funny because RotJ actually does have a ton of clear flaws but you listed none of them because you're a nitpicking Sup Forums autist.

Not OP but name 3 of them, or more if you wish.

>Battle of Endor

>Vader vs Luke

>palpatine

>Jabbas palace

Remind me why the Nu Males are in force shit posting today? All seen Rogue one and need their opinions validating?

you mean everyone's. since i watched ROTJ i can't avoid getting horny from a girl with a leash

You know how Star Wars fanatics are.

I actually like RotJ the most desu although I'm not sure if this is due to watching the '97 special editions first as a child so things like the ending not having Yub Nub felt more appealing and meaningful

I grew up watching star wars and ended up liking bdsm too

Coincidence?

Hope and Empire are both in the library of congress' film archives, where only the objectively best films are stored

Return isn't

But user, the Jizz!

You blew it.

but you had to put up with this This alone is the reason I didn't watch my old dvd of ROTJ for 6 years, then ended up throwing it away. Thank God I got the limited edition.

Eh, I didnt mind it so much. You have to understand that because I grew up on the '97 remasters, those ARE Star Wars to me, thats the standard i hold the rest of the movies to mentally, so its impact on me isnt as much of a negative thing like it would be for someone who grew up on the OT before being touched up.

Yeah I grew up with those too but once you've seen the original versions you won't go back. You always hear people say the effects were revolutionary and changed film making forever but when you watch the special editions you're not seeing it as people saw it back then.

I have seen the despecialized versions though, and I did like them. I liked not seeing badly implemented CGI creatures in Mos Eisely, but I also thought the CGI X-wings during the battle looked good. No reason to change them, but it wasnt a bad change like Jedi Rocks or placing the Emperor's yell over Luke when he falls in Empire.

The only few good changes you could say there are were showing the wampa, giving Cloud City more windows and changing the ending them for RotJ, but the wampa is easily arguable against since there is an element of suspense lost by seeing it

1: Han having literally no role in the story or affect on the plot due to Harrison Ford contract disputes

2: Entire movie of plotline being truncated and shoved into first act creating a massively different Luke and a severely nerfed Boba Fett after the ESB setup also most likely due to Harrison Ford contract disputes

3: Wookies being turned to Ewoks for the toy buck$ creating a nonsensical climax in which cuddly teddy bears defeat the hardened professional Imperial soldiers in a ground battle.
:
Bonus. Another fucking Death Star

The final scenes with the emperor, vader and luke are worth it

But the original concept was TWO (2) Death Stars orbiting the Empirial capital planet

This.

I agree using another death star story was a bit lame, but people who find fault with this should be even more upset with Force Awakens for doing it a third time.

ROTJ is the weakest of the original three, but it's still better than anything made after it.

Also this.

I don't know what you're trying to say here.

I'm saying it was originally going to be two death stars and the throne room scene wouldve been on a planet instead of inside one of them

>Massively different Luke
What do you mean? The movie just shows you how much he has matured since the last movie even if it doesn't show you how he got there.

Also you said OP didn't mention any of the films actual flaws but then the third one you listed was basically "ewoks" like OP said.

I guess I understand you're gripe with rehashing the death star but I didn't really have a problem with it. i thought it was reasonable that the empire would try it again, and I'm sure I read once that it would have been unstoppable if completed. Now when TFA brought it back a third time, THAT was horseshit.

>if you just get over the fact that they're teddy bears their sort of fitting for the film
>fett was never intended to be an important character
>okay
>okay
>he had just went through some serious shit it makes sense for him to look at things differently
>eh
>quit being a little bitch
>i really don't see how. The last fight between Luke and vadar really overshadows the space battle
>quit being a little bitch.

The space battle was not as cool as ANH. However, the fact we get to finally see the rebellion fleet in all its power is worth it. Seeing capital ships is cool. Millenium falcon, along with wedge, x wings, a wings, y wings, even a b wing or 2, pretty legit. And all the star destroyers and the super star destroyer getting fucked. Was cool.

Also the luke/vader/emperor scenes are amazing and definitely the best part of the film. Like someone else they carry it. Ewoks were definitley fucked up tho if you watch it not as a kid

IMO if they replaced ewoks with wookies it would have been way better. Empire conquered kashyrkk for slave labor (even saw them about to start that in Ep 3) and wookies are way more legit than faggot ewoks. Chewie could be like an outcast that convinces the cuck wookie cheif for one more glorious rebeillion and attack on the empire. Would have been much more fitting and cool IMO to see a bunch of wookies smashing stormtroopers but getting killed too. I dunno just a thought

Why do you hate Ewoks so much?

Have you seen the movie?

>a massively different Luke
He was more skilled, and more confident. This is established early on in the movie to make it clear that the real test for his growth as a person isn't in tricking people like Obi-Wan; it's instead in the moral question of what to do about his father and whether he can maintain his spiritual resilience in a desperate situation, which he does when he throws away his lightsaber. Being the same guy after Empire would have been a mistake and made it harder to bring his character to a satisfying conclusion.

All these meme criticisms an no one mentions the only one that matters.

Lightsabers don't cut anyone in this movie just knock them over.

>Lightsabers
>plural
So you didn't see the movie.

Pretty sure that was plan A but they couldn't afford the costumes and made midget Wookies instead.

>Why isn't ROTJ regarded as a piece of shit film?

Boiling off. Many people dropped Star Wars before they watched it, so even though the film is shitty, the fanbase was too harcodre and ate it all up.

There's two in the movie. Both have instances were they don't cut what they hit.

this was my first thought too. ROTJ is fundamentally flawed but not for any of the nitpicky reasons OP gave. seems like concern-trolling intended to portray criticism of ROTJ as stupid and meritless.

>seems like concern-trolling intended to portray criticism of ROTJ as stupid and meritless.

Pretty sure it's just that the userbase of this board is completely fucking retarded

ROTJ, imo, is the greatest star wars movie. but whatever.

The Luke vs Vader scene legit redeems the entire movie to the point where it's the best in the Saga. The Vader vs Luke scene is so emotional and powerful, I love it.

Ditto.

Luke going ham on Vader is a solid 30 seconds of the best sequence in the franchise.

The rest ranges from fun to "I'm willing to overlook for the sake of the duel."

fully agree

episode IV and V are the only ones worth watching at this point

There is literally nothing wrong with Ewoks.

>Jabba's Palace rescue
>Yoda's death

Fuck you, the space battle in Jedi was better than ANH's battle. And Boba Fett is overrated.

>Why isn't ROTJ regarded as a piece of shit film?
but it is!
the only good thing about RotJ was Luke vs Vader

The majority of the battle scene is the Ewoks getting blown up by Imperials, rightfully so. The small rebel force did the heavy lifting while the Ewoks caused chaos in Imperial forces. The actual action and costumes are understandable throwing off the whole seriousness of the scene though.

>Ewoks
David vs goliath
>Fett dying pointlessly
no one gave a shit about him when it came out
STFU
>Way too much C3P0 and R2D2
They're not even on the poster
It's character development, and that's not a cuck.
How does this have anything to do with the actual original film?
>Ewoks
You're dumb
nope, some original and cool stuff
>No seriously... fucking Ewoks
No seriously... STFU

i like you.

>Ewoks

Were cute and sold a ton of toys. Don't forget, these movies are basically commercials for the merchandise. George Lucas gave up his pay for merchandising rights.

>Fett dying pointlessly

Fett was an irrelevant background character.

That was why he was supposed to die, his character arc was complete. But again, gotta sell them Han Solo figurines.

Nothing to do with the original film and not inherently problematic

>Ewoks

Haha! You said it twice! Definitely expands upon your extremely insightful, original, and substantial argument of "ewoks"

Was Rey strapped down to the interrogation slab the closest we're going to get in the new ones?

Still infinitely better than The Force Awakens. So eat shit and have a vomit slurpy chaser, you piece of shit.

I sure hope. Star Wars is always good for fetish fuel. I hope the Sequel Trilogy delivers in that regard.

this is what I said to the guys at work and they completely agreed.