So who designed the Death Star?

So who designed the Death Star?

If it was Galen Urso, why did they have the plans already in the prequel movies?

he designed the weapon, not the planet that can go to hyperspace

galen marek, I mean urso was a genoisian

JUST TURN OFF UR BRAIN LMAO

prequels are basically noncanon at this point, who cares

i actually forgot all about that, count dokou shows the design in attack of the clones right?

There's a difference between "concept art" and making it reality.

The Separatist plans were the concept art.

Galen "designed" the details of the thing, made it reality (i.e the minutia)

So they really needed a hologram to get across the idea of "we want a planet that moves and blows shit up"?

No, clearly one man designed the ENTIRE station down the the ventilation shafts. That's reasonable.

hey, they did it in event horizon

It doenst matter. He could have been working on it his whole life.

This makes sense why it took so long for the Death Star to be complete. Was it 30+ years? And the second one in 4 years?

Anyway, since Galen escaped, and had a 6 year old daughter, lets assume he was on the run for an even 10 years. That would mean a 10 year delay on building the Death Star

Also, since it seemed that the Death Star was being developed, and built at the same time. Where do the bugs come in? I thought they got the CAD files for the battle station, and made it at their factory.

Dooku gave the Geonosians the basic plans, they refined it. Originally it had a laser that could destroy a planetary shield. The Republic stole the plans during the Second Battle of Geonosis and then they thought to themselves, "The enemy might be building one too, we need to make it stronger".

bugs

Here's my theory.

Galen designed the "weapon" part of the Death Star. That tends to overshadow the rest.

I'm not defending the movie but one could consider that the Geonosians were not a particularly intelligent species and that those plans were just a prototype

why the fuck would the guy we're introduced to in the film ever have anything to do with a planet sploding laser? Loving father, husband, pacifist, rejects the Empire...helps create a weapon to enslave the galaxy forever.

What a gaping, prolapsed asshole of a plot.

this

IMO he's more like the contractor that built it

>Mastered Cloning
>Not Intelligent

U wot pal

Wasn't it the Kaminoans who mastered cloning?

This, he designed the Kyber crystal powered laser. The same crystals that power lightsabers.

during rogue 1, they have flashbacks to when the daughter was very young..
he could have made the plans 20 years before the movie started, which would explain why he went into hiding, and was sought after.. but never wanted to complete it

my bad then

as if that's not bad enough, he leaves before it can be completed and he's literally told it won't be finished without his continued research.

Literally all he has to do is nothing if he wants to fuck the Empire over.

If he just designed the weapon he wouldn' have been able to get them to put a random exhaust hole somewhere

plans can change

Well when you put it like THAT

I don't see the point in explaining the Death Star's Achilles' heel since it just brings more questions. For example, how did the design pass through any form of inspection without anyone noticing? I doubt that the Death Star's design was a one man job which Galen solely controlled. So how did such a critical error go unnoticed by any oversight committee/overseer?

He agreed to help build the Death Star because he knew if he refused, they would just keep building it with or without him. By making himself seem like a indispensible part of the operation, he subverted it by including a near imperceptible yet catastrophic weakness.

It's literally explained in the movie.

>desperate lucas apologists trying to pretend rogue one is as bad as the prequels

Shush now, normies don't know the tedium of dealing with inspectors

Who are you citing here? Can you include a link to your cross reference?

>"Listen up guys. The laser gets real hot after its used, so we're gonna need to carve out an exhaust pipe from the center of the laser all the way to the outside"

That kind of energy for a weapon of that magnitude would require alot of exhaust venting lol

If you read the Rogue One book it mentions that the CIS started to make the Death Star and then the Empire took over, obviously gave Galen the hologram of the death star and said "BUILD THIS".

>LE PREQUELS AREN'T CANON
Go back to eddit where all they do there is bitch and moan about the prequels and suck JJ's dick

>doesn't watch movie
>critiques plot based on a vague understanding of it gathered from posts on Sup Forums
lol

Well Geonosians had fuckhuge droid factories on their hives.

I like the idea of something that complex hiding a stupid overlooked flaw that you realize it exists once it's too late. No reasojn to retcon the plot to have it planted deliberately.

>stupid overlooked flaw
>an explosion in a reactor will set off a fucking nuclear chain reaction
Yeah, such a silly mistake. Happens all the time.

>CIS started to make the Death Star and then the Empire took over, obviously gave Galen the hologram of the death star and said "BUILD THIS".
Unless we're talking about a different book here that's not what happened at all

are you saying the reactor reacts to explosions?

shit clearly this is some insane elaborate plot hole that needed to be filled.

It's canon in rebels that geonosians and knew of the Death Star and were genocided for it.

>intentionally misquoting me

Did you all niggers forget this scene in revenge of the shit? They started building the framework at the end of the movie. Prequels are non canon.

>Hey fellow engineer, my mega super weapon needs more power but it'll overheat the core, I was thinking we could maybe widen the ventilation shaft to be exactly this wide and no more issue. You'll do it? Great. Thanks buddy

I like it even more when it's not a stupid overlooked flaw, because I find it more believable that the small pipe is a vital part of the system rather that can blow up the entire thing but you need it to make the damn thing work.

Did you forget he built it in the past? Right around that time?

>Prequels are non canon
Based on what?

>Prequels are non canon.
>There are still man babies on Sup Forums that believe
Keep deluding your self, Plebbit

sounded like they were running into hiccups and they needed galen's help as hes some sort of expert on these things.

the movie is stupid as fuck but that was the reasoning i think

youre all forgeting that mikkelson's character is like 40 years old and had served the empire at one point, for quite a while and was considered a really great scientist.
so he could have actually designed it from the start, then dropped off once the empire got involved. it would have taken a while.

>Separatists start designing the battlestation with the help of the geonocians
>The geonocians go behind the separatists backs and start developing it for the Republic under the command of Orson Krennick
>The empire is created, more or less merging the seperatists and the republic since they were both under the control of palpy so it barely even matters who it was being developed for
>Orson Krennick tricks Galen Erso into help developing the Death Stars lazer, using the kyber crystals, which Galen has studied all of his life
>Tarkin wants a piece of the action and contributes quite a bit, competing with Krennick for leader of the Death Star project

All described in the canon novel. Pretty good read. Made the movie much more enjoyable for me.

He only developed the weapon

The book is actually great at showing just how retarded the geonocians really are. Krennick who is developing the station at the time has Poggle and the geonocians building the basic framework, and he is constantly struggling to keep them all under control because they are such an instinctive and uninteligent species. It explains that if they don't kill each other or go to colusium type stuff they go absolutely ludicrous.

One of the best parts of the book is when Krennick calls Poggle the Lesser panicking because the geonocians are literally destroying the framework they had been building and killing themselves. Poggle tells krennick that that is exactly what was going to happen if he didn't just let the geonocians have a violent freeforall while building killing each other

its a retcon

Galen Urso built the Laser
Genosions built the station

how do you get that conclusion

obviously this scene from revenge of the sith where the death star is getting built happens between the flashback of Galen being taken and the events of Rogue One

Not really, Bail Organa is in the movie and they also had scenes in Mustafar and Coruscant.