Westworld

Well, this was a disappointment. Too many inconsistencies within the shows rules and narrative to just ignore. I missed out on all the Sup Forums talk what did you guys think?

[Spoiler] Armistice best waifu

Other urls found in this thread:

delosincorporated.com/?doc=training
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I liked it, had to throw brain out the window with black queen and the techs. obviously techs should have just reported black queens shenanigans straight away.

>being a plotbabby

you have the opportunity to be the one who allows the new species to take control of this planet, watch "artificial" consciousness unravel its mysteries and plans, and you'd rather report it and carry on with your boring mundane existence? Dont think I agree.

The asian dude was in on it you retard
He handed her the slip of paper that ordered her back in the park when she was about to leave.

Thematically it was interesting enough--I was familiar with Jaynes' bicameral mind theory before the show, and thought it was an interesting direction to take androids gaining consciousness. The show had great visual direction.

Other things, like the William/MIB storyline(s) felt less cohesive than they needed to. Given how overtly misleading the show frequently was about the different time frames and the amount of time the show invests in young William's experience in particular, it needed a stronger culmination. As it is I don't really see what the point of it is. I don't think it lines up that well.

Why did Ford hate humanity so much? Why unleash true AI on the world instead of using a limited form of it to create heaven on earth?

>John Nolan
>expecting no inconsistencies
he's always been super sloppy

I didn't understand the ending that well Sup Forums help me get a conclusion

Did arnold program dolores to do that in the future ?

What happened to the samurai shit?

Will there be another season?

It's just another HBO series where nothing happens, but gets praised to the sky because of muh deep conversations and themes.

No. Ford programmed Dolores to do it. Samurai World was just a preview of the one of many World's. S2 is confirmed but not until 2018.

lol he didnt order her you faggot. she made a choice to go find nig nog daughter.

probably because he was getting the boot from the company

Started out alright. I was willing to look the other way at some things, but good god, it took everyone in that world being a complete retard for it to move forward. Nolan is a hack and Hopkins pretty much carried the thing. Atleast Nolan was smart enough to lead everybody on for so long before letting it crash with no survivors.

No, he started his plans decades before his last night.

Also why the fuck where the security teams so useless at the end? Seemed like something out of a Schwarzenegger movie.

the entire graveyard scene, and what seems to be implied. with dolores talking to herself.. points to a show that will be really boring.

In the last episode where the samurais are fighting was an obvious hint that theres multiple parks? Same with the note the chink gave to black queen.

pretty sure samurai world is just to show that there are other parts of the park

and the daughter is still probably in westworld due to its large size

Maybe its only a test park.

well the original film also had medieval world and ancient roman world

Loved it. watched all episodes in two days.

that's not what those two idiots were thinking though, they acted like their brain had been replaced with legos

the film was better

This is what I was thinking. The platform when you get off the train has nothing but West World promo unless theres a separate drop off for other parks. But if there were any other parks I think we would've heard the guests mention it in the background.

>be apex predator
>want others to take over
how much of a beta cuck can you be? bet you're a manlet

One of the best HBO shows ever. All the faggots who say otherwise in this thread are obviously trolling faggots who should stick to watching Breaking Bad.

She was a huge diversion plan. Her escape attracted the security's attention while the board was getting massacred in West World.

Since Maeve's escape relied so much on Felix's naivety and compassion, it's safe to assume that Ford thought of this wayyyy before and hired the Asian dude for his his exact character (knowing that he would help Maeve).

gr8 b8 m8

>Too many inconsistencies within the shows rules

Television's complicated to produce and there were rewrites as well as reshoots.

-- the first-gen robot internals were never depicted the same way twice
-- bullets hit guests with some impact, no impact, occasional impact, even within the same timeframe

-- Teddy introduced as a new host with a specific purpose, then retconned to be a rebuilt first-gen host

-- Arnold, the voice of possibility and the need to create literal consciousness, only realizes the ethical dilemma the day before the park opens

-- Park employees walking into the Mariposa in full hazmat gear while it's likely guests will see them
-- No explanation whatsoever for Wyatt's men being impervious to bullets to the point of no movement when hit

-- Console pads that apparently don't require authorization when Felix is using them to radically alter a host's parameters, but require Ford's authorization when Bernard demands his memories be unlocked

-- Hosts go insane because they see something they can't comprehend except that they're supposed to see nothing, later suggested to be stimuli unlocking older repressed memories ("violent delights"), then at the end it's reinforced as just the first concept again with no explanation for what made Abernathy go mad, or how the photo went from where Logan dropped it to the Abernathy ranch (by this point Sweetwater exists and presumably so does the ranch)

-- No actual evidence given that a QA flack suddenly had the technical know-how to have a host modified with unauthorized equipment, just a vague conversation with some Chinese people

-- discovering you're a host is a traumatic thing, unless of course you're Angela who makes the transition from Escalante host to William's greeter back to Wyatt's camp without any cognitive dissonance whatsoever, even after having independently recovered 30 years of memory

Imagine that you're a legit genius and the only way to fund your AI and robotics research without having it end up in a military weapons program was to open a theme park for bored rich people.

I thought it was good.
I noticed the inconsistencies within the setting/mechanics of the hosts like how the guns work, how violence against guests work etc.

I don't know.
It's the same fucking bullshit every AI story.
>hurr durr humans are so ebul unlike us pure, innocent, enlightened robots
>they are so violent and emotional and cruel so they will never let us live in peace
>therefore we must brutally kill them all thus invalidating any moral superiority we claim and making their repressive treatment of us justified for the sake of survival

Maybe.
But it's far more likely writers gave everyone the idiot ball.

196cm, I was talking from the point of view of the asian guy not my personal world view.

Have you ever even preformed anything a "predator" does? inb4 we hunt smart now bla bla

The whole park and lab areas were designed by the level designers from dark souls 2

I still don't understand how the guns work or how guests can't be hurt.

Are the host guns firing blanks?
But, Dolores has a "real" gun?
Can the guests hurt each other?
What if the guests are caught in an explosion?

>Also why the fuck where the security teams so useless at the end? Seemed like something out of a Schwarzenegger movie.

This pissed me off to no end. Why did they keep ordering them to get down even after they were shooting at their guys.

I'm pretty sure the irony in the moral inconsistency is intentional, see any country, race, group of people that thought they should wipe or enslave the rest of the world to achieve 'peace'

It's science. They ain't gotta explain shit.

I think they're supposed to be rubber bullets but they never explain it.

He watched humanity spend billions of dollars to rape and murder people who could not defend themselves. The very best and brightest of all mankind made him rich by paying fortunes to prove how shitty they could be.

It was OK, nothing special.

Nanobot bullets. The guns are special ones that sense when they're shooting a human or host.
The nanobot bullets stay solid when the gun is pointed at a host, dissipate when they're pointed at a human but there's still pressure.

Explosions are controlled now. Hence why MIB has to request one. He doesn't dynamite anything himself, it gets triggered by security.

Maeve's black womyn power dulls the white man's senses.

>What if the guests are caught in an explosion?

I believe all explosive devices in the park are sophisticated, remotely controlled bombs. When MIB breaks out of the prison cell with explosive cigars, the shot briefly cuts to the Park's control center where they get a request for small explosives, which they have to approve in order for him to blow the cell door.

I assume they probably allow any explosions as long as there are no guests within harmful distance. That also means that the nitroglycerin in the park is not actually nitroglycerin, since it would be impossible for the park to prevent accidental detonation if a guest decided to throw a bottle of it at their buddy.

It's probably nanomachines or something. In fact, we don't really know how sophisticated the tech level is in the world outside the Park.

This show makes no sense sometimes

>This show makes no sense sometimes
>Sometimes

Majority of the show was straight up bullshit that didn't follow its own rules.

delosincorporated.com/?doc=training

Hmm neat

Three CYA style questions later and I get this, that was underwhelming, a lot like the show

Do you people have double digit iq's?

Just finished it and found nothing confusing about it. Everything is solved and comes full circle

Seriously ask a decent question or go back jercking off to star wars

What makes the hosts so much stronger than humans? Why the fuck were all the security personnel so useless against TWO hosts? What was the point of Williams storyline?

>without having it end up in a military weapons program
>implying

> what is this finger between my legs and why does it make yellow water poop

>In fact, we don't really know how sophisticated the tech level is in the world outside the Park.

The world is so advanced that phones don't catch on fire.

Yes, and either death or severe burns.

The 'security training' thing at mentions bullet velocity being reduced when firing at a guest, so I guess they have smart bullets or some shit

Oh wait no, forgot about the gun Delores found

Guess it could be that WW guns have some kind of FoF system that changes the velocity depending on whats targeted, the gun Delores found is probably just a normal real one

I think this show is gonna get a cult following on par with lost if not bigger. Its gonna be one of those awakening type stories, only unlike lost this story wont end on some vague ghost gathering in a mason lodge parkinglot salted with tears. Its definitely gonna preach something poignant but something true.

>cult following

Stop using words you don't understand, it's just a following. Lost had a big following. It was a huge show.

Kill yourself, retard.

By the end it wasn't really confusing, so much as convoluted, inconsistent and full of shit. Go back to r/truefilm with that shit. The show is flawed as fuck and it's got nothing to do with whether you get it it, or not. I'd say the people who excuse the stupidity of the plot and world are worse than the people who don't understand it.

She didn't choose shit, it's mentioned explicitly that all her actions have been programmed

Show is a pile of shit

>He watched humanity spend billions of dollars to rape and murder people who could not defend themselves.
>people
>people