Why live, Sup Forums?

Why live, Sup Forums?

Why do we do the things we do, when all that happens in the end is death.

To make the world a better place? That's usually the motivation. I don't see that. I believe technology is being used by the wrong hands, and unfortunately there is no destroying it.

There is no future for people like us. Our fathers and our father's fathers were able to have wealth due to the economy, more individual freedom, and fewer laws and regulations all around.

Nowadays, we are governed, forced to be poor, taxed to death.

Where will you be in 20 years from now, Sup Forums?

I'm 24, and I'm scared. I've never been to school, I currently work IT at 40k/yr. I make good money, but through it all I'm just another spoke in the wheel.

Is it true? Are some born to move the world and live their fantasies, while the rest of us just dream about the things we'd like to be?

Sadder to watch it die, than not to have known it, I suppose.

>Why live?
To wait for waifubots.

>all that happens in the end is death.

You've just answered your own question. To die well is to live well. To die for nothing is nothing.

You leave behind a legacy, that's why.

Sup Forums keeps saying they want to start the fire but they are too pussy to do it, you can start it and all it takes is a little arson or a killing.

Just enjoy the ride lad. That's all you can do.

But to be fair, we live "well" by who's standard? If doing nothing is as good as something, then what's the point of anything?

I've been suicidal since 5th grade, manic depression, ADHD, paranoia, and I've been on lots of medicine. The meds never worked for me.

Overall, what we do is meaningless. Not talking about size, and how small we are in the universe, but more like we're just nothing at all.

I've been questioning existence for a long time, and I just can't really put it into words. I'm just, unhappy and empty I guess.

A legacy? Sure, why?

We can start a fire, all of that, and maybe it will change things, but once again, why? So half of us will be happy in our Sup Forums world if the fire succeeds. The other half will be miserable, and then they will take over. History repeats itself.

back to /x/ you go

Well we live to survive.
But once you are able to survive, what's the next step, right? The preservation of the strongest genes, so we can keep surviving. But why do we keep surviving? Because we are here to experience life (be happy etc) and discover why we are here. So if you are alpha and are contributing to society you fulfil your duty. But if you are beta and try to destroy society you are like an unwanted virus, you are cancerous and eventualy you will be wipped out anyway.

This user is right

But he also needs to return Malvinas

How is this /x/?

I don't want to destroy society, nor do I want to contribute, because I disagree with the "contributions" and "progress" being pushed forward.

I've experienced life a bit. I know I'm young(24), but I've lost my father after failed heart surgery, I witnessed my aunt get mugged and shot, I've deployed to Afghanistan. I've lost a friend to a heroin OD. My childhood home was foreclosed, the only home I ever knew. When dad died, all the income was gone and mom has had a hard time getting back on her feet.

I have had girlfriends, I've had sex. I want children, but I can't find a single female anymore. Every female I talk to since I came back to the civilian world will talk for hours for a few weeks, sometimes just a few days, then ignore me with no reason why.

Maybe my lack of motivation is because I'm depressed, and I'm depressed because I'm unmotivated.

>If doing nothing is as good as something, then what's the point of anything?

This is an entirely false assumption.

Something is always better than nothing for the simple fact that nothing can only ever be nothing. Something can be good or bad. And in BOTH cases, is of far greater value than nothing.

Have you not yet discovered Nietzsche is garbage?

Nothing IS nothing. No joy. No pleasure, No value. And absolutely no reason to concern yourself with it.

Maybe I do need to rise up and be the one to make the change, instead of idly sitting by on the sideline, watching the world burn.

Not having the Falklands is all part of the ride.

Lay off the weed

I don't know who Nietzsche is, no college education, sorry. These are just my own stupid thoughts.

Some people draw pleasure in nothing, as opposed to something. I'm not happy with nothing, but I'm also not happy with something.

Besides, at this point I'd say that "something" and "nothing" are both one in the same. After all, it's more an argument of semantics as opposed to what actually "is".

Regardless, if we do something, but in the end nothing still becomes of it, is it not wasted time? Even the effort itself is wasted and lost to time if nothing became of it.

I've built tesla coils, jacobs ladders, repurposed power supplies, learned instruments. Yet after each project I finished I never felt fulfilled. The reason being was because it's not doing anything but keeping me distracted from reality. I don't want a distraction, I want it to be reality.

I wish I could communicate my thoughts better, apologies if it sounds silly.

I never smoked weed until I got out of the army, I smoked maybe a gram every two weeks for a few months, never could enjoy it. All it did was amply these thoughts and feels.

Did acid once, mushrooms a lot. Did the same thing as weed, amplified these thoughts and made me even more paranoid to the point where I felt everyone was plotting against me, using me as a pawn for something bigger that I couldn't understand. Quit using any and all form of drugs after that. Tried antidepressants for awhile, and at that point instead of feeling depressed I was apathetic and didn't care about anything at all. Just wanted to sit on my couch and watch TV. I think it made me feel apathetic as opposed to depressed.

Our lives are unimaginably comfortable and prosperous in comparison to the shitshow that was the vast majority of human history. I get paid enough money to have my own place, my own car, all the food I need, and anything else I want to buy. All but the most lethal illnesses can be cured by modern medicine, and I'll likely never experience any kind of serious civil unrest.

Pic related lad. Just chill out and enjoy the ride.

Do you have "allergies" then

You're retarded if you think Nietzsche argued that nothing was worth doing.

I think that's part of my problem. I've experienced friends dying, witnessed a close family member getting mugged and murdered when I was young.

But all in all, nothing really happens to me outside of that. I need thrill, something to remind me I'm alive.

I did some survival camping for a week, lived off the land the entire time. Didn't really help. Went sky diving, and felt the same way.

I have all these things I do and can do - but once again, I ask myself "Why?". I have my own home, sure. But the work and effort I put into it brings me no joy. I have two cars, my dream truck(Ford Bronco 5 speed manual), and a good car for economy, those don't bring me joy. Food anymore is bland and tasteless. I get no joy from it. I bought a PS4 and found myself strongly disappointed.

I really can't remember the last time I felt happy. I can't chill, I can't enjoy the ride. I need more. Unfortunately I have asthma now, so combat arms in the army is out of the question.

I want to do something adventurous, physically challenging. But once again, I just wonder why I'm doing it all.

I'm only allergic to dust and fiberglass, and dogs.

>Regardless, if we do something, but in the end nothing still becomes of it, is it not wasted time? Even the effort itself is wasted and lost to
time if nothing became of it.

You are suffering under the materialistic delusion. If it moves your spirit, it is something. It is not necessary to dominate others to derive value.

>I've built tesla coils, jacobs ladders, repurposed power supplies, learned instruments. Yet after each project I finished I never felt fulfilled. The reason being was because it's not doing anything but keeping me distracted from reality. I don't want a distraction, I want it to be reality.

Why speak to me of it if it was indeed nothing? From where I sit, it seems more like you imagined your mastery over nature would necessarily translate into mastery over humanity.

Sorry bro, but if you want that you'll need to study philosophy and religion. Humans are not rational by nature, so physics isn't going to cut it.

Must be suck being a Godless atheist.

I know these feels. Whenever I start interpreting it as personal mediocrity - "shouldn't I be doing something more with myself?" - I a) think lol why would I want to put in the effort when I can be /comfy/ instead, and b) reflect that I don't really experience this emotion of "achievement" which everyone else is raving about, so what's the point? People report the feeling of achievement being a motivating force for their entire lives, but damn son I just don't feel it at all. No matter how big or small the task, upon completion my reaction is never "yes! sick! awesome!", it's just "well, I guess I'm done"

>materialistic delusion
>dominate others to derive value
I don't understand, explain?

>speak if it was indeed nothing
Because I want it to be something, but I cannot get joy from it. So I'm seeking help since the therapist I've seen isn't of much help. Fucking VA.

>imagined your mastery over nature
I'm not looking into mastery over humanity. I just want to be happy for once in my life, I want to be proud of what I have and and who I am and I want to make things and do things that make me happy.

I am a non-denominational Christian. I do believe in God, I just don't understand nor have a good relationship with God yet. Still trying to figure that out.

Oh God here we go. This shit always happens on /pol.

Nietzsche is garbage. And your point is absurd. Nothing is nothing. There can be no 'doing' nothing. Life is something, not nothing.

You may imagine you are doing 'nothing', but you are most certainly breathing, eating, and drinking water.

Your cortex makes certain of that, even after your pre-frontal has been infected by maladaptive German memes.

That's how I felt when I bought a nice car for a steal. I paid $800 for a nice corolla that was clean as fuck. Just needed a new brake line, new calipers, and new rotors.

I replaced all three. I got done, drove it. I didn't feel anything. I just "was". It was my first time working on a car. Took me maybe 5 hours for 2 brake lines and both front calipers and rotors. I guess that's a good amount of time.

>certainly breathing, eating, and drinking water

Take my opinion how you like, but isn't the only thing we can truly know for sure that exists are our own thoughts? I mean, for all we know we are a brain in a jar, getting fed information to think we're doing all these things, but really none of this is going on? Would you agree or disagree with that?

Or, what about life being a series of branches, where every point where we should have "died" instead branches off to two different paths, so to speak.

For example, if you're playing russian roulette, in one branch you shoot yourself and in the other the revolver doesn't fire. That branch lives on. I think. Once again - no college education and hick town high school education. Bare with me.

I think it's maybe a symptom of depression, but I can't recall ever feeling any other way.

Oh God dude, no modern therapist can help you.

Happiness is not a goal. It is a maladaptive, escapist endeavor. There is only success and failure.

Success if happiness, whereas happiness is not success. Failure is not happiness, but it needn't preclude future success.

We are learning machines. Happiness is not learning, it is only a state of dominance.

You know as much, which is why you mentioned your accomplishments to feel better about yourself. To feel more dominant. To feel more happy.

But trust me on this: Fuck happiness. Success, or failure. Otherwise, there is but nothing.

Not a day goes by where I haven't wished something would kill me. Every drive on the way home to work. In the Army. Doesn't matter when or where or what I'm doing. I could be doing something that occupies me, something that is supposed to make me happy, something that is supposed to fulfill me, but nothing does.

That's not to say I don't feel anything at all. I've had a pistol get stolen from me by a friend of a friend. I felt angry there. I mourn the loss of my father every day. I can feel empathy, sort of. Never knowing how other people feel is weird, but I understand how they can feel toward things.

But then that brings me to question, what is success and what is failure?

Fixing my car would be considered a success, but success and failure are no different than good and evil, in terms of their meaning.

Sure, the car got fixed, money will be exchanged throughout, it could save me money What ever. What's the point of all that?

Sometimes I feel like selling all my earthly possessions and walking and living off the land for the rest of my days, but I know I'd probably find that fruitless as well.

Bump

Why play a game of monopoly with your friends if the game eventually ends and all of your friends go home afterwards? Because it's fun.

When you grow up some more hopefully you'll manage to realize the presence of God, and all your materialistic fears will be blown away like dust

Have faith in Jesus Christ.
Get married to a wonderful woman and make babies.
My wife and kids give me so much.
Also take up hobbies that give you self worth. I play guitar, grow vegetables, do sword fencing and amatuer astronomy.
My telescope cost about £600, but it brings amazing images. Stuff I wouldn't be able to see with my eyes.

Alls we can do is hope we meet up in Valhalla and laugh about everything

I also would like to die, but dispassionately, and not having to do with any perception of suffering on my part. Reality is just simultaneously exasperating and uninteresting; I'd rather not have to deal with it.

look at the shill
all shills are kikes, post holohoax busting anti kike memes in every shill thread while sageing
this one is a particularly evil kike
if your going to kill yourself catch ebola and allah akbar in jeruselum

If there is no God then we are alone, suffering with no purpose and with no hope for salvation.
If there is a God, a true almighty God, then those who are saved and those who are damned are arbitrarily chosen before hand and if you do suffer it is because that same God wills it. Even if God doesn't practice predestination you must admit that as an all powerful, all knowing being could simply have us all start in heaven as oppose as going through a gauntlet run to prove our worth to him.
No matter which way you cut it your left with the same conclusion, you don't matter, nothing matters. Your sole purpose for existing is to live in torment. You could kill yourself but that just brings more suffering to those you care about. But there is something you can do for others. Something all of us poor damned souls can do for our fellow man be they black, white, gay, straight, muslim, christian and every other kind of person. You can give them a gift, the same thing you want but can take, a guiltless death. You can end their suffering and give their loved ones an object to direct their unreciprocated or even noticed hate towards God. You can be an angel of death. What are you living for, the hope of a better tomorrow? The promise you make to yourself that you'll change your ways and become someone worth loving? That your life will all of a sudden become worth living? Stop lying to yourself and take all you hate, love, fear, and courage, and steel yourself with purpose. Take as many as you can with you in a blaze of spite in the face of an unimaginably oppressive and uncaring universe and God. And when you feel the bullets of those to naive to see the love in your violence in your body, and your soul teeters on the brink of either Hell or Oblivion you may smile for you have denied God his entertainment. You will not be a puppet in his game, he may have made you but you took your life and the lives of others from his hands.

Looking at your posts, you need to look up some religion. It's interesting and gives some meaning to your life.

It's fun, it kills time, but overall it does nothing for you. So I can't understand why.

I realize the presence of God, I am a non denominational Christian. I think I need to find a different church, the one I'm going to has changed a lot over the years and has gotten very contemporary.

I would love to get married, but I can't hold a girl for more than a week.

I am religious, in my younger years I did lots of other things from paganism to Catholicism to satanism to Christianity. Lots of phases until I turned about 19-20

Why don't you hold onto one (religion and woman)?

I can't, Punjab. The women leave me and I've always been a Christian at heart.