REMINDER THAT WONDERWALL WAS THE ONLY POPULAR OASIS SONG IN AMERICA

Who cares about amerifats

No there's at least two or three others i can remember off the top of my head

And i was a baby during the height of their fame

Buddy, trust me, you don't wanna go that route.

I tried arguing they were one hit wonders and 3 people jumped down my throat.

I love Oasis and all, but what's with the constant Oasis/Gallagher shilling in the last 3 days?

burger here
never heard an Oasis song

>still butthurt about being proved wrong

It's America's loss then.

>Stated a fact and that's 'butthurt'
Neat.

7865432..1 uh oh boom

>things opinions are fact
Yikes

Why the hell do people still talk about Oasis when there are much more superior bands?

Well because they're genuinely not. Even if you go by just their most successful album era, they had two bonafide hugely popular songs in the first 6 months of 1996 alone. Plus the other (sometimes overshadowed, but still recognized) moderate hit from later that year.

And this is all from a mainstream/ top 40 pop standpoint, not even taking into account like modern rock charts/radio stations where Oasis were even more successful alongside the likes of Nirvana, Pearl Jam, R.E.M. etc.

>Literally had 3 people arguing against me, wording aside
Yes. That was a fact.

Let me guess. You were born after 1998.

Seems like a fact to me, bub

>it's another episode of "underage Americans who weren't even alive for and have a very limited understanding of late 20th century mainstream music pretending to be experts"

Let me guess, you all think Tears for Fears are one hit wonders too.

soy

champagne supernova is their only good song. that other hit is ok. wonderwall blows.

show me a citation then

Oh wait you couldn't and then you admitted you were mistaken
What?

>Tears for Fears are one hit wonders too.
But they are you fucking fanboy soy eater

They're also classic nu-male garbage

I don't see how showing 3 people were against me needs a citation.
I never said they were wrong. I stated what happened. You're literally making a non argument right now.

Whoops. Wrong one. That was the US rock chart.

Oasis had two top ten entries on the American Mainstream Top 40 chart: Wonderwall and Champagne Supernova. Not only were these hits, but they were big hits. Hits, plural. They also had two other moderate hits as well.

Stop being retarded.

They had 17 hits
I agree they had many hits. You might be talking to the wrong user

I am not talking about Oasis.
I said 3 people said I was wrong about Oasis being a one hit wonder.
I was talking about those 3 people. Not Oasis.

Again, making a non argument.

>I am not talking about Oasis.
I am

>I said 3 people said I was wrong about Oasis being a one hit wonder.
Well it is correct that you were wrong. I don't care about how many people were against you. That shouldn't matter

>Again, making a non argument.
No, my argument is that you were wrong about Oasis, and you got so assblasted that you are still talking about it, in another thread.

I wasn't assblasted about it. I said what happened. That was it.
I stated that people were against me, those people happened to be right. I wasn't even planning to make a comment beyond that but you stretched it out by saying 'lol ur butthurt'.

And again, I never said those people were wrong in my original message.

>Oasis is a one-hit wonder!

>I wasn't assblasted about it
Prove it by stop replying.

The only reason I replied in the first place was because of your response but alright.

Still replying butthurto

And there you go again stating shit that isn't true.

>Makes a comment
>LOL YOU'RE SO BUTTHURT
>"No I'm not."
>LOL YOU REPLIED THAT MEANS YOU'RE BUTTHURT.

Someone stating a fact isn't butthurt. If you didn't comment in the first place this wouldn't have happened. You dragged this out longer than it needed to be and I'm getting the blame for it.

See

This is literally the most confusing, convoluted and utterly pointless thread of this year.

And before idiots criticize me for not adding anything to the discussion: Oasis is NOT a one-hit wonder. They had multiple hits across the Alt. Songs chart, and easily crossed over to mainstream radio as well. Champagne Supernova, Live Forever and Don't Look Back in Anger are very recognizable to any person who grew up in the 90s, as well as being huge hits, just like Wonderwall.