"I am one with the force... the force is with me"

>"I am one with the force... the force is with me"
When he started to say this over and over near the end I immediately knew this was gonna be his death scene and I got so freakin emotional.

The way this scene was directed was a 10/10
>Following him slowly walking through the warzone as the force is guiding him
>Getting to his goal: finding the button
>Suddenly an explosion occurs right on him

I actually loved Doonie Yen's character and I like how his friend Baze made jokes about the force, not fully believing compared to Chirrut who obviously has been living a much harder life being blind etc and finding meaning.

Fucking great characters. We just needed some more backstory with them and to get to know them better.

shill

>he hasn't seen the movie
One of the best movies ever

>that Chirrut introduction scene
BRILLIANT

saccharine and predictable, this movie was boring as fuck

I will however agree with each character needing more background. I just didn't care for any of the characters except for the robot.

>this movie was boring as fuck
BRAVO you are the reason Disney makes shitty Marvel flicks

I so hope this movie does well at box office

Him and the Vader scene were the best parts of the movie honestly.

Also grenades, because i like them.

I agree. The story was terrible, shaky cam, fast cutting, ordinary soundtrack, cliché characters.

>mfw all the cinephiles loved it and it has 8.3/10 on IMDb

Pleb will easily pleased by the last final act and vader scene, forgetting how sloppy the character introduction and the writing is in the first hour

>Guardian of the Whills

Why is Disney already going for deep mysterious lore like the Whills with the second movie they make?

He wouldn't of died his friend gave him some fucking covering fire

>caring about BAZINGA XDD bot
Back to redit

>One of the best movies ever
I guess star wars really just isn't for me if fanboys reall think this

>Are you kidding me? I'm blind!

I admittedly laughed out loud.

there is zero difference between shitty marvel flicks and shitty star wars flicks.

>Why is Disney already going for deep mysterious lore like the Whills with the second movie they make?

Because Lucasfilm is still made up of the same geeks who were there before Lucas sold it. Now they just don't have George keeping them from making movies.

Its Star Wars, user. Plebs wont dare talk bad about it, and media will praise it because "It's Star Wars and nerds love that shit".
Thats the problem with the franchise, it doesnt matter if the movies are good or bad, they are a nerd tentpole, and it needs to be beyond horrible to be considered bad. And despite that, it will make money anyways.

i liked the character too. the robot was pretty funny. i was charmed through put the whole thing and i said this as a guy lucky enough to have been a 6-7 in the early eighties and lived the star wars mania full force.

the first couple of minutes of this movie... i fast forwarded a bit, thought i was on board for the same experience i had with the movie they did before that but nope. this one was much better. wish we had more background on the characters tho, to get more attached and have a better feeling of how badass they are but maybe that would have been too much like the hateful 8. also, i'm glad tv seems to like it just fine too: the place would have been unsufferable for the next year if we would have disagreed on that one.

all this movie was to me is a shitty popcorn flick with a high production value

I fucking love star wars, but this movie was hot garbage. Boring cinematography, shitty characters, fan service, completely lifeless and by the numbers. The force awakesn had a ton of fan service, but at least it was well done and had Harrison Ford giving a shit.

>everyone died because of an explosion

Not the droid

I was more a fan of the dude with the machine-gun-tier blaster.

guy had zero arc, development, personality or chemistry with any other characters.

its like it was written by and for 4 year olds. including everything to do with that robot

yes he did, he smashed the console and it exploded

hating this movie won't ever make you cool user

I had hoped some budget light saber popped out of his staff.

LolXD

Why because hes "badass"?

>The way this scene was directed was a 10/10

Dayum, Disney's marketing department shills like that?

wtf, I love Star Wars now!

Does he fight 10 guys?

He fights 10 stormtroopers and wins using force-fu.

lol it was so epic bro

I love Donnie Yen but it's a shame he ended up being in this disaster of a movie instead of something better like ep VIII.

too bad he's a faggot human and not a miraluka

>Empire Strikes Back: The Remake
>good

lol

Yeah thats absolutely why I don't like it right?

Nevermind no characters have any arc or chemistry, the story makes no sense, and the action has no tension no stakes and no meaning.

Its complete clusterfuck made by and for infant babies.

If you like this mess you are either a paid liar or severely incompetent

you'll eat those words motherfucker just you wait
it'll be the BEST star wars movie out of ALL the movies in the three trilogies (which is barely movie tier but still)

loving generic marvel flicks won't get you laid with that normie bazinga "omg I'm such a nerd" either

but at least one of you two will maintaining some manner of integrity

I hated that autistic force praying and he almost had a good joke but ruined it.

I'm not even going to see it after the clusterfuck that was VII. Skipping it harder than Rogue One.

This movie was the Hobbit of Star Wars movies.

Can't wait for someone to edit the rebels scences with nasheeds and alahu akbars

Kinoest kino.

For the first time re-shoots actually make a film better. I just wish they didn't just do it for the third act.

>cast your movie with view to increasing diversity and fair ethnic representation
>make asian character a wise blind kung-fu warrior monk
Bravo Disney

did you see it before the reshoots or what?

Sorry I didn't realize I was misled into believing I was enjoying myself. Holy shit my life has been a lie

THis.

Fucking Quipbot 9000 was the worst part of the whole thing. I'm glad they ditched the iRebel line but I'm guessing they increased the fucking robot's faggotry to try to make up for lost "humour"

Pretty sure the prequel trilogy is the Hobbit of Star Wars

>Swapping out mostly practical locations for a big green warehouse
>Awful pacing, with long boring scenes having little to do with the substantive plot
>Childish tone, including an emphasis on cartoon slapstick
>Lazy character designs looking like rejected concepts from the original movies

I just know act 3 was way better directed than the rest of the movie. Even the tone was different.

Blessed be the mind to small to doubt.

Enjoy your blissful ignorance.

back to /r/capeshit please

>a long time ago
>a galaxy far far away
>asian character is kung fu man

By far the worst character in the whole movie. A fucking blind shaolin monk with a staff and a "aser bow which he handles by pulling a goddamn blowstring, are you fucking kidding me?! I'm glad Crouching Tiger Hidden Commando got blown into pieces while chanting his force crap.

Better depiction of the Force at work than Ray suddenly going Super Saiyan.

They have warp speed and insane spaceship development...but they can't cure blindness

I wish his body had disappeared when he died.

Not for free anyway

>a long time ago
>a galaxy far far away
>dudes in the local cantina dressed as devils and werewolves

all the characters were interesting

maybe you could break out of your autism bunker and see the movie on the screen

oh, thats right... too afraid to venture out... guess you'll just have to watch the dvd delivered by mail

so sad

> I really want Admiral Ackbar in the rebel fleet!
> Sir he's not around at this time
> I WANT ADMIRAL ACKBAR
> Well, hope about with give you that looks just like him, but we'll change his skin color a bit and give him a different name?
> GARETH LIKE ACKBAR, DO IT

Seriously? Did they really need to do a Ackbar rip off as the fleet admiral?

Is there no limit on Disney's pandering?

im ranking this third best behind IV and V in terms of feel, and second in terms of NO CRINGE garbage

>>shaky cam

>he judged the movie based on a 320 pixel cam version

faggot, why do you live

Agreed op, great scene, cool character, duo

Liked this movie more than i expected in the end

>white people bad guys
>minorities good guys
>killing off the best chars in the first movie
Really a good way to tank a franchise Disney...

This.

The gook was talking about the force the whole time and just Mr Magoo'd around a battlefield and blind bowmanned a bunch of cunts while Rey doesn't even know what the force is and is going crazy with it

you sound dumb parroting talking points

But the main character is white and the costar is european though

>white people create order, stability and civilization
>minorities want to ruin it for everyone and turn everything into a third world Brazil

Why can't brown people maintain civilization at a level higher than middle ages?

>all the characters were interesting

Yeah maybe if the director did a better job with the actors.

hey but what about Saw Guerrera, he's black and he tortures and don't care if people lose their minds in order to get information. That's not a good character at all.

>good and bad
pleb

Agreed, no idea what Disney was thinking with such an accurate portrayal of a real life African warlord. Might accidentally red pill someone.

Why are movies so reddit nowadays?
>le blind chinese staff man
>le totally not han solo
>le big brute with a machine gun
>le quipping robot
I could feel peoplen going OH THIS LE EPIK BEST MOVIE EVER HYPE HYPE GIB MORE STAR WARS
Seeing people defend this trash on this board hurts me

You figured out lightspeed, lazer swords, and able to resuscitate a man with no limbs and 3rd degree burns on 99% of his body, but can't figure out how to give a blind guy cybernetic eyes?

fucking dropped

Was cirrus a former temple guardian?

Yet people were bouncing and clapping like toddlers in my theater when R2 and 3PO showed up for no reason.

>implying that shit's free
>implying blind Chinese man has the money for it

Fucking retard

Can anyone explain why Vader didn't just blow up Leia's ship? Why did he go through the trouble of boarding only to fail and see her get away?

This
The plot was good enough even though we all knew the outcome, but characters are cliche and dull as fuck.
Only likeable character in the movie was Based Mad's Galen

>Seriously?!?! I'm blind!
literal meme

it would have actually been funny if he said
>You know I'm blind right?
rather than the overacted bazinga line

Because if he had blown up Leia's ship OT would not have happened.

Vader used "Force read script" to know.

>brilliant

The Stormtroopers literally ran towards the blind guy with a stick instead of shooting him from a distance. What a fucking joke.

>Stormtroopers have blasters
>Run up to him so he can hit them with his staff

Liked the movie, hated that scene.

No, that joke would have been hilarious if he hadn't added "I'm blind" at the end. All he needed to say was

>Are you serious?

When he says "I'm blind" after that it's insulting to the audience. It assumes we need to be reminded that he's blind even though that was made plenty obvious.

How would he have blown the ship up? Yoda, arguable a stronger force user than Vader, could barely like an X-Wing that wasn't even turned on. How would Vader be able to stop a moving ship many times larger than an X-Wing on his own?

You're not wrong
The worst part is, the audience I was with only laughed after he had said "I'm blind". Perhaps they realized it was necessary after test audiences somehow forgot that guy's sole defining character trait

>Pandering

>Implying it's just not simple racism

>act 3

How do you even know where an act starts or ends? Stop spewing things you heard somewhere, it won't make you look cultured or anything.

Spoiler tags are called SPOILER tags for a reason.

And no, 'just don't come to Sup Forums after something comes out' is not good advice. If we all did that, we'd never come on Sup Forums.

Go fuck yourself, OP.

Get his own fighters to shoot it? Why even bother boarding?

By pew pew with the Star Destroyer he was on.

Also, now there is no reason to board it in ANH. They boarded the ship because it carried the plans under the guise of a diplomatic mission with a top ranking diplomat.

Now Vader has no real reason not to just destroyer it instantly since he doesn't know Leia is on it but he does know they have the plans and he just had annihilated an entire fleet to get them.

Thanks for shitty retcons Disney.

I am pretty sure that Rey had force training by Luke, who I believe is her father, and either forgot due to repressed memories because of trauma, or because Luke did some force thing on her mind to make her forget about it for her safety.

It would explain a lot of things and wouldn't feel forced.

Nigga everybody knew that they were all going to die at the end
Also
>caring about spoilers

>carrying about spoiler for a Disney flick
Stay in highschool kiddo.

He also said May the Force of Others be with you. That's lifted from Lucas's earlier drafts of Star Wars, when it was called journal of the whills.

An act is usually seen as a certain part of the plot happening that was not the focus of the part before, nor the focus of what comes after.

ESB for example, Hoth is act 1, Dagobah/asteroid shenanigans is act 2, Bespin is act 3.

For RO I would guess it was: (1) Introductions and Jedha, (2) Eadu and setting up the Rebellion's choice about Scarif [that they won't risk attacking], (3) Battle of Scarif started by Rogue One acting on their own.

>If we all did that, we'd never come on Sup Forums.
And Sup Forums would be a much better place

Your whining will not change anything. You do not have the power to change Sup Forums culture. You have to accept this. It is your own responsibility to avoid spoilers, because spoilers being posted is an inevitability