I got fired today from The New York Times. Feel free to make fun of me ITT I deserve it

I got fired today from The New York Times. Feel free to make fun of me ITT I deserve it.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qPOvePioFF0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Post your firing letter as proof.

What did you do?

He was a bad goy.

Tell us their secrets. What agendas did they make you push?

why would you work for the luegenpresse?

You should have worked for a real paper like the New York Post

I "wasn't developing into the role fast enough". It was about 3 months so I guess that's all it takes. It's very boring and typical reason to get fired. I also didn't really fit in with the people in my department, I guess I was too quiet.

One recent incident which was very hilarious was that we put up the live video from the French Muslim who killed that police commissioner. One of our managers was PISSED and made us replace the video with ten seconds of black because we couldn't take it down. It's kind of funny how everyone was scrambling and yelling at each other about it.

hmm, I wonder what "role" they might be?

>wasn't developing into the role fast enough
That sounds like hatefiring to me. Have you considered hiring a lawyer?

I'm a straight white male. If I hire a lawyer for perceived wrongful firing I'll never work in this town again as they say.

Go to Sup Forums

Not enough houses on your paper route?

Post proofz

People are assuming OP was a journalist.

In b4 he was just the paper delivery boy.

To be honest family, whatever town exactly you are in, there's an entire country you can work in instead.

Leaving that town was one of the best things that ever happened to me.

>studying journalism
you deserved it.

Hello were is the broofs :DDDDDD

>wasting career on journalism

gj idiot you could have become a electrician instead

probably should have honestly. I don't know what I'm gonna do now since I can't put this on my resume. I feel so embarrassed and worthless.

Brilliant, then he'd have been able to be replaced by any half-educated Mexican, Syrian or Pole.

what department did you work?

Mexicans don't usually learn a trade they handle unskilled labor

video

there will be better opptys around the corner user, just don't give in and keep practicing your craft

Assuming you're telling the truth:

-What was your job title/position and what department/desk where you assigned to?

-How'd you get a position at the New York Times? To get hired for what I assume is a highly-desired position you must've gone to a college with a highly-ranked/prestigious journalism program.

-Another journalism job or career change?

Go work for a rival news outlet, use your need for revenge as a motivator, so you can grow into a "role" of a hard-assed journalist. Oh, my bad. You are just going to feel sorry for yourself and buy into the fake propaganda that the NYTimes is "still" a great newspaper, particularly since it fired your "unwanted" and "unloved" ass.

|
|>
|
|

SUBSCRIBE TO THE JEW YORK; GOY

TRUST US, WE WERK HART IN JEW YORK

GOYM

journalism is dead anyways m8, when was the last time a journalist broke a worthwhile story? It's all whistleblowing and hacking nowadays

What would have happened if you wrote articles with a Trump support bias

What was your role? I used to freelance in the Globe's design department.

Did you guys know that French used to shit in to chimneys back in XVI century and weren't really happy when introduced to normal toilets. Really makes you think about that one country....
POO

IN

THE

LOO

proof?

fuck it
-Associate Video Journalist, assigned to the Breaking News Video Desk

-I got the position by applying at indeed.com. This was a very entry-level position I'm assuming and it took about two months of interviews and background checks for me to finally start working. I didn't get the job because I was part of a journalism school (I never went to grad school or anything like that), only because I had actual professional experience with other news outlets for well over a year. That experience obviously didn't translate into the sacred New York Times.

-Jesus, I don't know. My life was uprooted today. I reached out to my old boss and he said he'd see what he could do but I'm not gonna get too optimistic, especially since I basically had to tell him I was being let go. If I don't get that job, then I don't know. I don't want to say "fuck journalism" but seriously. And grad school sounds like a terrible financial burden even though it probably would have saved me from this humiliation.

You're absolutely right. I want to work for Fox News or Breitbart or Gavin McInnes so bad after the leftist pills I've had to swallow for the last few months. But I don't know for sure if they didn't like me or if I just wasn't good enough. It most likely is the latter.

you could always just try and get a managerial or hr/pr position somewhere lower in the corporate chain, like a supermarket or smth.

If you work in media and don't have your shit together in a month, you're done.

3 months working there was merciful.

I really like this webm user
Do you mind if I save it?

Don't worry, civilization is going out the window anyways.
But you know, "journalism" has been dead before you were born.
Real journalism happens here.
The jew york kikes wont exist after the collapse.

You didn't get fired you fucking dolt, you just didn't get hired. You were still under their probationary period, and you didn't make the cut, which is why youre back here.

btw, einstein, NYS is an "at will" state, meaning a company can fire you if they don't like the way you part your hair.

I guess you're right. I should be glad I got to work there at all. I clearly wasn't ready for the challenge.

What did you do wrong? Were you slow? Could you have done more but instead browsed Sup Forums? Did you toe the liberal line or did you actually share your true opinions? You probably just weren't liberal enough and/or they wanted to have someone more fun around. Most jobs are more like high school cliques than meritocracies. Especially the white collar arena. No work actually NEEDs to get done basically ever. If they don't enjoy hanging out with you your production doesn't matter. If they do enjoy hanging out with you your production doesn't matter.

whelp, back to mommies basement then....

I wasn't slow, but I was occasionally sloppy which is worse.

I did everything I could.

I remained quiet on all political discussions.

I think being quiet was to my detriment.

>been working there for about three months
>think I'm doing alright
>make some mistakes but I'm new
>did some projects I was proud of and others seemed to like
>wake up today from an angry email by my manager
>tells me I made a "sloppy edit" on a video
>was working on three different videos at the time so I understood the mistake from an objective point of view
>the tone of her email seemed very upset though
>have a sense of dread all the way to the office
>get to work, everything seems normal
>all my logins work
>twenty minutes later the guy who hired me ask to speak to him
>thisistheend.jpg
>tells me "we're going to have to part ways, you aren't developing into the role fast enough, this isn't a reflection of your skills, it happens all the time, consider grad school, blah blah blah, I'll walk you to the exit"
>pack up my shit and leave without saying goodbye to anyone
>call my dad to tell him
>fighting back tears of humiliation on the street while explaining

So you were a video editor?

And hey man if you can get a job at the NYT you'll be fine.

>But I don't know for sure if they didn't like me or if I just wasn't good enough. It most likely is the latter.
Nah this isn't true. Based on your posts ITT I can tell you have a very low self confidence, and oddly enough, a low self confidence value is correlated with high intelligence and competence. Its just a matter of focusing your energies. Go work for a right-leaning news outlet, youl see very fast that I'm right.

Jesus, dude, grow a spine. How do you even exist in NYC?

Also, if you have the choice, don't work for a woman next time. At least a guy might have pity on your poor soul.

Trump is going to send all the Mexicans back and you can get a job picking fruit.

i was a producer/editor. I loved the editing part but the producing part was a major challenge and I think that's why they let me go.

Thanks for the kind words friend. Maybe I will never know why they truly got rid of me. I did make a fair amount of mistakes though.

You sound competent man. Female bosses suck ass. She's keeping around women she likes and men she wants to fuck. Shes likely giving you 3 things at once so the people she likes can go home early. Basically she was gonna ride you as hard as possible til either u did everyone's work or she had the chance to replace you with a girl she liked or a guy she wanted to fuck.

I live in NJ actually. everyone in my department lived in BROOKLYN which kind of made it seem like I was left out. I'm fully with you on not having a spine. I didn't even know how to save myself when I was getting fired. I literally said "sorry for wasting everyone's time"

Because screwing Sheetrock is such a difficult fucking task right, Mexicans are avoiding responsibilities you idiot.

>Mexicans are avoiding responsibilities you idiot.
No, it is that they cannot comprehend doing other things as they are almost all uneducated illiterate peasants.

If you cant read or do basic math and struggle to complete directions given directly to you you probably cant deal with much other than manual labor.

Honestly, I don't know why or when she didn't like me, and she really didn't try to hide it that hard. Never said good morning, never "checked in" with me, gave me positive feedback three times total? I'm a very quiet person so maybe she didn't like me because I was quiet.

What breed of dogs?

Did you fail penis inspection day?

look at the shill
all shills are kikes, post holohoax busting anti kike memes in every shill thread while sageing

so your female boss didn't have the guts to tell you to your face?

I suppose not. Her email was upset but it didn't seem quite "final". The dude who hired me was CC'd on it so maybe he took matters into his own hands, I dunno.

Here's the original.

Oh shit son you got cucked hard.

You have every right to feel like a whipped little bitch, but you're going to have to man up learn to deal with life at some point. Nobody gets it right on the first try.

Was she a kike?

she was asian.

That's true. hell, I didn't even like this job that much. I like making videos but their system for getting them online was woefully inefficient and ate up way more time than necessary. It led to a lot of stress and fear. there was also the issue of accountability. occasionally i would take the brunt of other people's mistakes because I put my trust in the wrong people. I think this led to me being deemed untrustworthy. I never showed up late or called in sick or anything stupid like that though.

I got let go by my female boss back in January.

If I could go the rest of my life without working for a woman I'd be the happiest employee in the world.

Most of them have massive chips on their shoulder, especially if they're in a traditionally male-driven industry. My boss was easily the most hated person in the company. Her interactions consisted of sucking up to her superiors and putting down her subordinates.

Before anyone asks, yes, she was a Jew, as it happens.

I enjoy hating women more than I enjoy hating Jews, so take that with a grain of salt.

I've been kind of lucky I suppose with the female bosses I've had, but there definitely is a clear trend of them being absolute hell when they have the power and the leeway to get away with it.

Working for a guy is a much better bet. Guys are assholes, but they're also much more likely to be bros and try to help and improve a loser with potential.

It's especially bad when they're lesbian. Lesbian law enforcement manager... not the lipstick kind either.

it would be wrong to email boolits to them, especially since you have recently been fired

you should consider that it was mostly this bitch and these faggoy=ts who didn't fit in with you

youtube.com/watch?v=qPOvePioFF0

I listen to this every day or two

chin up faggot

mate, I've experienced rude people who think they are "all that"

if you are useless, they will keep you on, the main thing they hate is if you embarass them by being much better thanthem, this is the worst. managers WANT useless people, so they can not be blamed, any tall nail is a threat because it exposes them

why not write to their boss, and their boss, anf the fucking CEO of the company, and explaining their bullshit? it can't hurt

the worst thing to do when some asshole fucks you over is to just accept it like an omega, get some alpha anger, strike back

I did so much shit for my inferiors, for people who were fucking idiots, and I regret it now

hit her, hit her hard! spread her bullshit around

DEUS VULT!!

>I could go the rest of my life without working for a woman
I would walk out of an interview if there was a female boss

I might even ask first, to save teh hassles

If anything you getting fired from new york times means you still have some common sense left :)

you'd better fucking do it! you got fucked over, and justice requires at least a few letters

oh wait, nyt?

oh he can fuck right off then

>Living in NY state
>Working at NY times

Damn son you fucked up twice.

Hey OP, journalist-fag here.

You have two choices:
Put this on your resume as a "training position". Like you were there as part of your journalism school to work for 3 months to be 'in the biz'. Say you got a nominal salary, but it was just a consolation because they didn't think you should work for free. Use that to get into some other paper.

OR

Say you were fired because you posted a pro-Trump article on your facebook or you said something to defend him in an overly jewish argument. Write an article for Breitbart or Takismag about how you were drummed out of the office because you wouldn't admit to having white privileged or something. Lie and go over the top with it.

>she was asian
Oh fuck nigger you don't ever be sloppy around them.

What you do is you try and push responsibilities off to other people and kiss the boss' ass

when i'm job hunting, if i can find out who i'm reporting to, i check to see if it's a man or a woman.

You're too close to see that this is a blessing in disguise.

You'll be fine. You're better off not working there. I know it doesn't "feel" that way now, but just breathe.

Kill yourself.

Painfully.

These are decent suggestions for the resume, I think. Everybody has a different hiring style, but something like that would show me that the guy can figure out how to make the best out of a raw deal, and it'd make for a good topic of conversation for character judgment and intellectual ability if it should result in an interview.

And this is the truth. Gotta find a job where you fit, not just for the sake of having a job. This is where the Communists always fuck up when trying to implement their utopia.

>Say you were fired because you posted a pro-Trump article on your facebook or you said something to defend him in an overly jewish argument. Write an article for Breitbart or Takismag about how you were drummed out of the office because you wouldn't admit to having white privileged or something. Lie and go over the top with it.
I'm very tempted to do this (the first suggestion would work too except I'm not in Jschool) but wouldn't they call to confirm that this wasn't the case?

media fag here

Getting fired is no big, user, it's par for the course. The higher up you go the quicker they'll boot you if you don't kiss ass just the right way. 3 out of 4 times it doesn't have anything to do with your job performance, rather it's a personal agenda/conflict/something like that. JMO.

I'd be tempted to put that on my resume and make up a story about it being a short term position. AFAIK they'll only verify your employment dates or else they'd risk being sued, but *maybe* that's different in NYC. Also,
>moar stories plox

By the time it publishes, that would be the narrative. He who laughs last laughs the hardest, but he who yells first is the only one that gets heard.

But seriously do the first one. Say they offered a position but say they didn't offer enough money and you didn't like their standards lol

that's a terrible idea, don't do that.

in journalism your reputation is everything, don't destroy it so early in the game, or at all.

Don't act on impulse if you're feeling all emotional and uncertain about it. Trust your instincts, and don't take action until you know the opportunity you're going after.

meant to reply to (you)

Yeah maybe things are different in NYC. It does make sense what you say: the higher up you go the faster they boot you. This was the most responsibility I've had in my career and also the swiftest I've been terminated. I really could have been better at communicating with people I guess and being friendlier, etc. That's my failing, coming into work to work and not chit chat about Brooklyn and shit.

Stories? I'm not sure what you want to hear. I don't have any "dirt" so to speak that no one else knows: the paper being so obviously pro-Hillary to the point of hilarity. the video team and the print team didn't like each other that much. I was often left to my own devices every day, very rarely given an assignment or directive and usually having to seek out work to do. I hope I'll find something else. If getting fired is par for the course in media maybe I will leave it on. A three-month gap is really shitty.

m8 why didn't you take the buy out you cheeky cunt

I've worked for a few women, and one was ok, as long as I did all the OT she wanted, and was generally ok, but then I did have like specialized knowledge of an area of a business they had just taken over, a few other times I've worked for women it was just a massive shitshow

I'll never work for another woman, I'll tell yuou that! even when you are doing your best, you know your on borrowed time

>Jew York Times

I'm gonna make pasta now. I'm shocked at how supportive most of you have been. If you ever get a chance to work for this company, take my experience into account. Just know what you're getting into. That's the best advice I can give. I didn't do enough research about the position's requirements and here I am.

Did you get caught doing a good job?