What are some genres you won't touch with a 10-foot pole? (meaning no matter how your taste develops...

What are some genres you won't touch with a 10-foot pole? (meaning no matter how your taste develops, the genre you always hate)

>folk-punk

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/wotCgOxwgI4
youtube.com/watch?v=N9dljIh57Ss
youtube.com/watch?v=x-lRA6MvB44
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

reggaeton

youtu.be/wotCgOxwgI4

I don't think of Violent Femmes when I think folk-punk, I meant more like Andrew Jackson Jihad

any metal after year 2000

nu metal and jangle pop are my two most despised genres

Trap and trap rap. Although I like some of it.

Buttrock.

Jangle pop really? Even the Smiths ? It's such good guitar work

Rap that isn't in English and 'backpack rap'. Neither are genres but they are just irritating to listen to

reggae/ska/rocksteady/dancehall/dub

elaborate please

British hip-hop/Grime

I've come to the conclusion that 99% of shoegaze is complete and utter garbage.

Brainless rave dance music like numerous variations of trance, goa, hardstyle, whatever.
I've always loved house (and many other electronic genres), I hear comfy disco roots in it, while trance and such is absolutely soulless music for junkies.

It's one of the easiest things to make

That's right, because the genre was born dead (thanks to loveless), but the 1% is the best music ever created and worth finding

I really don't like the smiths

music for niggers and stoners

Indie folk

Reggaeton, Cumbia and Trap
I'm from Chile, I need no explanation

kpop

I met this girl once that listened to almost exclusively electro-swing. Boy, is that shit utter trash.

loveless is not good though

If you're lazy or just a bad songwriter trying to hide it, yeah.

I should have said 99.99%. MBV and Loveless are pretty great. What do you consider good?

(not true, by the way)

Metal
Emo
Country
SoundCloud rap
I'm slowly growing out of rap entirely

Anything with folk, blues, jazz, metal, country or rap in the genre name

christian metal and slipknot. whatever the fuck slipknot is, i don't like it.

I forgot about this and agree with you

speedcore
almost any *core I can't listen to for very long.
any recommendations to change my mind?

Crunkcore, possibly the worst genre of music ever conceived by man.
youtube.com/watch?v=N9dljIh57Ss

slowdive is pretty good

>jazz

(not true, by the way)

i think husker du is considered "emocore." uhh or at least "new day rising." i'd consider them to be post-hardcore; my personal favorite of the "core" siblings.

>indie-pop
>indie-rock
>nsbm
>NWOBHM (except for two bands)
>glam metal
>trap 2005+
>drill
>standard shoegaze
>post first wave post-rock
>pop punk
>post-punk

Folk punk, trance, any cheesy metal genre, trap, scene kid music, EBM, reggaeton, ska, nightcore

>>NWOBHM (except for two bands)
literally the only good metal

I like threads like these because it exposes how fucking pleb the average poster is. Look at these lists with more than one genre. Unreal. "Music lovers" my asshole. I'd expect this shit from a Facebook poll

>>nsbm

>>post first wave post-rock

I cry that you'll never get to experience the joy of The Earth Is Not a Cold Dead Place

>le epic crescendos xDD

They weren't overdone in 2004, though. Hell, when I first heard it I thought it was amazing, unlike any other of the instrumental guitar work I had heard prior. I wasn't exposed to GY!BE, Tortoise, or Swans before EITS, so I was comparing their guitar work to jazz and blues musicians - the crescendos sounded extremely novel in that vein.

i'm just giving you a hard time

Whatever AnCo is

idiot
youtube.com/watch?v=x-lRA6MvB44

metal
kpop
rap
pop

Yah, I gotchu, but I have a complicated relationship with post-rock and crescendocore. It pains to see the third wave of my favorite genre peter out with shit acts that only know how to max the reverb and delay while playing 1/16ths in 4/4.

Any metal genre cz I/m too pleb to enter it. Like I need so much energy to have funt from metal album. But I understand that it's my problem.