/daily/ - THE BIG LAD EDITION

The point of these threads is to encourage people to look for new and interesting music. We do this by listening to and ideally discussing albums we've never heard before. Many of us already listen to new music daily, these people are in it to venture "out of their comfort zone" by listening to albums they otherwise wouldn't have, or just to have a good time.

>make charts
neverendingchartrendering.org/

>listen to tunes
plug.dj/sdc-room-3-the-sequel

>listenalong schedules, OP pics, etc.
daily-mu.blogspot.com/p/welcome.html

Previously, on /daily/: →

Other urls found in this thread:

oliviaway.bandcamp.com/album/5am
cybercity.bandcamp.com/track/atomhead-black-hole-merging
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

BIG LAD

big cow

discuss

my gf found my rym and is breaking up with me

what do Sup Forums?

fuckk this tourney is gonna cut it close vry good entries from both sides

my gf asked me if there was 'something like goodreads but for music' and so I showed her my rym and her response was "how have you listened to so many? :O"

if your main priority in a relationship is just liking the exact same things it's probably toxic but what do I know I like fishmans

*plop*

>all this political convo on /daily/

Yeah I showed RYM to my gf and she was like “I knew you listened to a lot of music but not THIS much!”. If you’re far enough into a relationship, shit like this shouldn’t matter lol

good trips son, you have done well. Very proud.

>I’M FISH has gf
>Woolite has gf
>Hampus has gf
>probably more have gf
>Shamepai has a really hot gf even though he’s the most autistic person ever
WHAT DOES /DAILY/ HAVE THAT I DON’T

shamepai just acts like that. irl he's hypernormie

I don't have a gf
probably done with relationships for the foreseeable future, considering how badly I fucked up the last one

daily is very high on the normie scale do not be upset

I don't have bf
my friend gave me his friend's snapchat and I'm waiting for exams to finish to see if I can work up the courage to suck his dick/ask him out

>you will never have a tastemaker bf that influences countless impressionable youths' music taste online
why live

mentoes the tastemaker

>posted at exactly midnight
you will get good luck dick i swear to you

only good post itt so far

thank
found this on bandcamp discover, gotta post it
oliviaway.bandcamp.com/album/5am

>People - Ceremony ~ Buddha Meet Rock
The name says it all, it certainly tries to build some kind of mood that evokes the Buddhist tradition, to achive such purpouse it uses slow driven jams and chants, it actually showcases nice musicianship but at the end it just was a novelty as a concept.
6.5+

>The Clancy Brothers & Tommy Makem - In Person at Carnegie Hall
Simply captivating, I mean I'm not used to this kind of music but this record is just so passionate and with ingenious humor that it draw a smile on my face for the whole thing.
7+

>Kalacakra - Crawling to Lhasa
The album focuses on laid out psychedelia jams that draw from krautrock, blues rock and eastern influences. Actually my favorite part where the Bonus tracks "Vamos" and "Deja Vu" that separate themselves from the rest of the album approaching to a new age aesthetic.
8-

I'm right there with you brother

I have a gf, /daily/ is actually full of normies

You have good taste :]

But in reality I'm single and I'm asking the same questions

CUZ OUR POOR BOY
BELIEVES IN CHANCE
HE'LL NEVER GET THE MODERN DANCE

Having a gf is the patrician choice

Being heterosexual is inherently plebeian

Which of these looks the most like a 80s new wave/synth band

explains why all the people in these threads have shit tastes/shit opinions

second from the top on the right

let me guess
you're from chile

Canada, this is a fictional band for a school project
basically my final assignment for a design class is that Make An Album With Random Wikipedia/Quote/Flickr Stuff but I gotta make two different covers for two different genres with the same titles and base image. One's a metal cover and the other's gonna be a new wavey synthy sorta deal

God bless my hustle.

Here's my current concepts for the 80s sorta one

wish my school projects were as fun as this

Yeah I'm at college for web design so I get to do a lot of fun projects where I make graphical concepts or code sites or make UI/UX animations. It's a lot of work because the Ontario professor strike really fucked up everything but I'm enjoying what I'm doing so that's good.

great recs lambi, gene clark's was v impressive. as i listen to more country though i keep finding something that shines brightly on live records and super-8 recordings that's hard to see inside country music's generally disgusting production asthetic.

i might probably maybe never listened to any 80's synth but i like the top two. don't use any of the bottom half plz they're retched.

I like third from the right of top row best, the word space isn't as wonky looking

It also has that clean background I'd associate with 80's synths

u can't be a pepe and have an opinion worthy of consideration

>wanting a gf

so should i get into rym? any pointers?

IN AWE

a three-pointer into the trash

ayyy hahaha

ooh hahah

this chart was p good. bringing indie back is harder than expected

>Just a 2 to Get Disowned
Care to elaborate?

i wrote some stuff a while back but basically i really didnt like the vocals and the songs were cool but not enough to justify the vocals

I like her voice but eh, I can see where are you coming from.

Came back from New Orleans and Florida yesterday, it was fun. How has the new year treated /daily/ so far?

as long as you don't devolve into a zzane it's cool
frances is by far the best singer in all of indie but ok

Jeff Rosenstock AOTYAY all the songs keep looping in my mind. Haven't heard such a great sing-along record in ages.

angery

What do you think you'll stand to gain from using RYM?

the best part about rym is getting reccomended obscure shit through its automated system or following other users with taste like yours

One way to do that is look for people with similar ratings for albums you really like, or looking through the huge trash pile that is rym's Lists section

the best part about rym is pretending to be a girl and making lists full of onkyo and gangsta rap cassettes

Have a good rating system, don't be a Nat and have a 15 point rating system you define with 5 low points etc.

>Have a good rating system
BELL

CURVE

luv ya, velocifish and theloserof08

My friends gifted me a filosofem shirt and it's so dope
What's some cool music related clothes you guys have

i have a gf too, /daily/ is actually very normie

>What's some cool music related clothes you guys have
i have a bunch of music shirt i got like junior year of hs but i've grown since then and they're too small :((((

i just got a bjork shirt though i like it a lot

my parents got me a cage the elephant shirt when i was a sophomore in highschool

at this point i don't really wear t-shirts too often though

id beat you up if i saw you wearing that

my Peco shirt from Ping Pong the animation just came. not music but it literally just came so i wanna post about it

I don't fit on my The Seer shirt anymore so none. If I lose some weight this year maybe, I'm totally not loving this belly I grew in 2017.

Young Thug & Carnage - Young Martha (2017)
>trap rap, southern hip hop

Another boring release that doesn't come close to capitalizing on Young Thug's potential. I haven't checked out any of the Slime Season tapes, but so far the only project of Thugga's that's really done anything for me is JEFFERY, and some parts of Beautiful Thugger Girls. This is just Thugga phoning in it over fairly boring beats from Carnage. I like the vocal work on the opening track, and Carnage occasionally throws in some really cool, decidedly old-school synth lines, but this is practically worthless.

0.5+

wtf yeah this is really good, and I wasn't that huge on We Cool or WORRY

Jeff's going to be my Sondre Lerche, this shit is too good to not be spread for all anons I can talk to

wearing acid mother's temple shirt right now, have Orange Milk shirt, and pic related from enemies list

Those boy diddlers had wives

Just a publicity thing
The bond between man and man is stronger than any relationship between man and woman. I pity breeders.

Who is who in this /daily/ meetup?

me in the back

>breeders
>...
>altright incel scum
>condoning homosexuality
idk if i should be positively surprised or just confused

booking train tickets rn, going to fuck you up.

>le ancom hat
>le nu-male face
>lu ftwaffe badge
>i'm with the libs
what's with this dude

Is this Pere Ubu?

incels should be included as their own lgbt category desu

>/daily/ meetup
>Gadsden flag
we communist actually

PLEASE tread on me

i have two bfs!

good post

wtf is going on

>Just a publicity thing
Right, because ensuring one's progeny isn't important whatsoever.
I, too, pity those whom breed without discern, still, parenthood is biologically gratifying in ways that no sexual relationship can be.

obligatory bi-yearly post in these threads. how everyone doing?
have you heard barter 6? thats by far my favourite release of his.

taking a "history of popular music" class and the professor made us listen to blind lemon jefferson today. truly a patrician class.
i rec'd him washington philips afterwards

I don't wear any music related clothes or headphones in public. Music is not part of my external image.

Nice. I took world music as an elective this semester; first class in 1 hour hopefully it's dope.

but "Music is not part of my external(?) image" is part of your image?

i was hoping to remember what some of the things i've heard were in case my hd crashes

this album surprised me a lot and to whomever said kpop wasnt worth looking past singles the day, shame on you
7/10 reminds me of the mall and christmas

I rec'd Lim Kim to ye and would highly recommend that album to everybody.

The other person said not to look into kpop past the singles and was a total fool. Tons of great stuff all over the genre, beyond the singles.

Jonghyun's album "She Is" is also great. The second track on it, "White T Shirt", might turn you off but the rest of the album is solid.

kthx i'll do that one a proper review

I swear to god bubs, I'm gonna make an EP this year of flashcore like this
cybercity.bandcamp.com/track/atomhead-black-hole-merging

beat me up instead

call it "bitter asexuality"

i just think k-pop albums tend to get weighed down by a lot of uninteresting ballast :/

here are post-feelist's k-pop recs