So we're all in agreement that this is the worst lightsaber duel in all of the Star Wars movies right?

So we're all in agreement that this is the worst lightsaber duel in all of the Star Wars movies right?

*phew*

Okay, good. Just checking.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=v4a0aH2xEgU
youtube.com/watch?v=ciL7nZQNJuU
youtube.com/watch?v=fT8j9DxlRyE
youtube.com/watch?v=C-DeI3ohVbY
youtu.be/Lf0qZLK8l-Y?t=1m10s
youtube.com/watch?v=rWF0f183tSA
youtu.be/C_NoL1LOSMI?t=15s
youtube.com/watch?v=sq51w34Hg9I
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Forgot link.

youtube.com/watch?v=v4a0aH2xEgU

Obi Wan vs Darth Vader
felt boring as shit, and it merely served as an exposition

Still substantially better than Ren vs Rey.

This, even in the original Trilogy that one sucked a dick (although it was meant to)

>trailers showed duel weilding
>hyped af
>it's only 5 seconds

Also why was the anakin v Dooku part so autistic?

Worst duel is Obiwan and Qui Gonn vs Maul.

Best is Anakin vs Obi-1 in episode III 3

Who are you quoting, you lunatic?

No way. Rey vs Kylo at the very least doesn't look like a shitty ps2 cut scene.

Maul made it cool.

Ewan and Liam were good actors.

It was an over-the-top fight but it wasn't bad at all.

>Maul made it edgy flippan shit

ftfy

all prequel fights are tied for the worst

>(although it was meant to)

"Only a master of evil, Darth" - was that written badly on purpose too?

youtube.com/watch?v=ciL7nZQNJuU

Duel of the Fates > Imperial March > Main Theme

We can all agree I think

there's nothing wrong with that line.

This has not aged well. How the fuck did I, or anyone, ever think the Sheev face replacement looked good?

You are certifiably retarded

no because from 1:53 on after anakin loses the second saber it becomes the GOAT

anyone who says otherwise is just a blowhard

good god no

>0:30

>Its treason then
>WAAHAAGAHAHAHRFHSFSAADGAS

Oh man that will never not be funny.

>post your face when you realized star wars was never good

>show star wars to my wife's son
>he looks at me half way through 4 and asks when it gets good
>attempt suicide later that night while looking at my TFA poster but fail

No. The worst lightsaber duel was Obi Wan vs Darth in the first film. Eat my dick if you think just because it was the first duel it gets a pass on being the most poor looking and cinematography than the others.

Just the moment of Obiwan meditating and Maul seething with rage before the end of the fight makes it a decent fight.

Characterization through actions is something rare in the prequels, don't shit on it.

the older the movies the worse the lightsaber duels
its not even a question, they're just fucking awful

instead of highly trained and precise fighters they end up looking like 12 year old retards beating each other with pool noodles

>OT

Old/ not properly trained people dueling with swords

>PT

retards flailing around with glowsticks to use up the bloated FX budget

Neither are great but at least the OT fights aren't incredibly cringey.

Did the emperor lose on purpose to turn Anakin or did he legitimately lose?

kill yourself

>COREOGRAPHY:
NT>OT>PT

>EMOTION:
OT>NT>PT

STUPID SHIT NORMIES LIKE:
PT>NT>OT

objectively

I actually dare you to go back and watch the OT lighstaber duels
they're FUCKING terrible

and I havn't watched either of the two newer movies after the first 6 so when i said newer>older I just meant prequels>originals

>>COREOGRAPHY
>NT>OT>PT
pffhahahahaha

Yeah, you definitely haven't seen any of them in awhile and are just drawing from cultural osmosis.

The Original Trilogy has actual fights with planned choreography and you can tell things about the characters from how they fight. Luke is untrained and reckless and this shows in how he uses his lightsaber.

Obi-Wan is wise and reactive and again this shows in how he uses his lightsaber.

Vader is a mix of both, he's a brick wall that keeps coming at you, fitting for the premier attack dog of the empire.

meanwhile in the prequels, wacky wavy inflatable arms where everyone looks the same and nothing would actually work in a real fight, let alone against allegedly superhuman space wizards.

youtube.com/watch?v=fT8j9DxlRyE

I'm actually literally watching the OT as we speak, they've been playing on TNT all in a row

>The Original Trilogy has actual fights with planned choreography

>Prequels
>people fighting using styles perfected for centuries which turned sword fighting into some kind of overcomplex art

>Original Trilogy
>a guy in a clunky robot-suit and a kid with 0 experience fighting

they both make sense in their respective contexts

except for the Obi vs Vader fight in the New Hope

It also makes sense in that, during the prequels, there was plenty of opportunity for Jedi to practice sword play and really improve with it, which is why their movements are so much more fluid and flashy.

It also makes sense that, as Darth Vader had no one to train against, he became REALLY shitty at it in A New Hope, then trained up a bit when he saw his son Luke as a powerful force user. It also explains why Vader's style of lightsaber combat changes so much between the prequels and Rogue One.

The thumbnail literally looks like a video game

This. The prequel's lightsaber duels were meant to show the Jedi in their prime, while the OT's duels were clunky because they were more about what was going on under the surface. It's unfair to compare, say, Obi-Wan vs Maul in Episode I to Luke vs Vader in Episode VI, because one is supposed to be more of an over-the-top spectacle between 2 skilled combatants who have been trained in lightsaber duels and the force from very young ages, while the other is meant to characterize Luke through his actions and serve as a way of showing us the type of person he ultimately chooses to become (notably, by not giving into his anger and refusing to fight anymore).

>The prequel's lightsaber duels were meant to show the Jedi in their prime
which is more evidence that lucas' idea of "jedi in their prime" is fucking terrible; a bunch of cringy retards jumping and flipping around the room while they spin their swords. it's fucking embarrassing and awful

>Prequels
>fighting styles perfected for centuries

Yet not one single Sith uses force powers at all during duels. I mean come the fuck on.

I'm scared to watch this. At the time I loved this fight, Mace was always one of my favorites.

why did it take obi-wan like 30 years to get a good haircut.

he looked like shit in episode 1 and 2.

motherfucker telegraphed that first stab and that shitty jedi still didn't block.

Mace might as well have brought some younglings

the OT were choreographed by a fencer no?

isnt that an old style perfected over centuries.

$0.10 deposited into your edgy contrarian hot pocket account

>he looked like shit in episode 1 and 2.
He was so handsome in ep 1

btw am I the only one who loved the padawin look with the strong hair on side?

still my favorite fight

youtube.com/watch?v=C-DeI3ohVbY

Prequel fights are all just flashing the screen with lightsaber swings and quick camera cuts to make it seem like a lot more is happening than actually is.

Faster fighting isn't better fighting, the OT had way more drama in their duels which makes for an stronger lasting impression.

>Original Trilogy
>a guy in a clunky robot-suit and a kid with 0 experience fighting

yeah except Vader is basically doing force flips and throwing niggas all over in his Rogue One cameo

face it, the OT lightsabers were just shit. doesn't make any lore sense and doesn't lessen the story impact, but they were fucking bad

face it, the PT lightsabers were just shit

They're not always good at being action popcorn fun, no. When it comes to conveying the personalities and the stories they're great and very compelling, though. They're just more stagy.

NO I'M TAKING HIM NOW

I never noticed how much of a bitch Obi-Wan looks in this. Two slight grazes and he's out of the rest of the fight? He just lays there, fully conscious, and watches Anakin get his arm cut off?

provably false because V still has the best one in the series.

> He doesn't understand meme arrows

NO ANAKIN!

Shadow on Anakin's leg from a LIGHTsaber.
... I hate George Lucas.

I find your lack of webm's disturbing

I love how the opening Anakin/Dooku fight is filmed before it goes to close ups with darkness surrounding them.

Seriously. Why is Obi-Wan just laying there and not helping?

You're one of those people who are impressed by people flipping around and never really attempting to hit one another over ab actual emotional battle

youtu.be/Lf0qZLK8l-Y?t=1m10s

Any cut or injury by a lightsaber is extremely painful (not memeing).

I guess imagine electricity flowing through your body as it stings you for a bit.

Because Dooku fucked him up with precision blows to his arm and leg. That's Dooku's whole thing, he's an expert swordsman.

youtube.com/watch?v=rWF0f183tSA

I do like the close ups on Anakin's face his expressions but these close ups went on for far too long and Lucas should have only used a couple before cutting back to wide as they exit the darkened area.

>them twirling their shit above their heads
reminds me of this
youtu.be/C_NoL1LOSMI?t=15s

There's literally nothing wrong with that lightsaber battle. It's way better than the one it precedes (Yoda vs. Dooku) or either lightsaber fight involving Sheev in III.

>precedes
Is that the right word or I have I been up too long?

This is bait.

It does, retard. It's called stagefighting.

the early saber fights were something original and had style. future saber fights were nothing more than a glib facsimile

He lost his head

>not liking the Yoda vs Dooku fight

when was the last time you watched Obi Wan Vs Vader in A New Hope?

youtube.com/watch?v=sq51w34Hg9I

>theatre

Was Obi's spin at 0:35 seconds really necessary?

>but these fights were all choreographed
No they were not

The latter, he could sense Anakin approaching. Though Mace was possibly the best swordsman of the era.

It's poorly portrayed, but Big Papa Palpatine is moving super fast there, and the other shitlords are just too slow to react.

Nice glibs
Fair point
Yes they were

OT (((fights))) are fucking embarrassing.

TNT has been playing a star wars marathon back to back to back to back

caught a new hope earlier today

problem?

umm, yea? maybe? Dooku vs Obi and Ani in RotS was pretty bad too

>I'll try spinning, that's a good trick

The duel and the pod racing were the only good parts in the movie.

This is without a doubt the worst of the series. I remember people laughing their asses off in the theater at Sheev's goofy faces, and especially at "No, NOOO...".

>(((fights)))

DotF isn't bad, but it's insanely overrated. I honestly think that Yoda's theme might be my favorite track.

oh god haha. I remember seeing clones and being like.. you gotta be fucking kidding me man.

I honestly think McDiermid knew that it was all garbage, and that's why he switched on the ham. Might as well chew the scenery if you're going to be in a terrible movie.

>btw am I the only one who loved the padawin look with the strong hair on side?

Yes. Lucas tried to help out those NEETs at cons who always had ponytails and failed to make their shit hair styles likable.

YOU'RE THE ONE WHO'S OUT DOOKIE ! !

OUT OF YOUR FREAKING MIND

I wonder why Dooku didn't just kill him instead of force push him away like that. He was completely at his mercy. Did he get orders from Sheev to keep him alive or something?

There is no electric shock from a lightsaber...

Are they showing the PT and TFA too, or is it just the OT?

Dooku wasn't as blood thirsty as the other sith. He used to be a former Jedi master, he was never all about murdering as many people as possible. His reasoning for leaving the Jedi order was that he felt the Republic was corrupt and needed to be rebuilt under new leadership. I guess he didn't know he was working for the guy causing the corruption.

all 6

its been going on for days

they do this in literally every single fight hes in its fucking bull shit
>ep 2
gets fucked up
>ep 3
A MASTER OF THE FUCKING JEDI COUNCIL gets fucked up by a fucking force push
>TCW
Gets captured and fucked up in nearly every scene. Can barely handle Darth Anorexia/maul

The only time he doesn't get fucked up is when he fights Grievous

Well, he beat Maul and Anakin, that's got to count for something.