youtube.com/watch?v=dhFM8akm9a4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

h
demon

I sucked so much dick

SUCK

cervix opening

Trent's impregnation/birthing fetish on display

people love to believe his lyrics are personal and somewhat deep, but a huge chunk of NIN songs are simply about various sci-fi/horror movies he likes

it's a song commissioned for Lynch

it's not.
it's a song delivered to him when he found the commissioned one to be too tame

depends which album. pretty hate machine is his life, the downward spiral is a distorted version of it because afraid to admit it, the fragile is an opera cheese version of his life inspired by pink floyd's the wall because he was still inn denial although mostly it was personal. year zero is sci-fi. he does not write personal music anymore because he's sober and has a family so he can't admit anything.

>he does not write personal music anymore

haha, he is not suicidal. he's working on david finches soundtracks and surfing. this is fake bullshit

Hesitation Marks is personal
Add Violence is definetelly personal, just for the "The Lovers" alone, look up the interview on that.

Trent's music has always been personal. And always will be.

Came Back Haunted sounds like a song about Trent Reznor reminsicing about the time he almost died due to over-dose on heroin, also it is him being haunted by his past, looking back at it even though he thinks he shouldn't, but he got lured by it, which is the concept of Hesitation Marks.

Still depressed though

ok fair enough i am a total idiot, all relisten to it now. thanks

literally no mention of suicide on the whole record, m8. the title comes from russel mills and refers to NIN's return after self-inflicted death (four year hiatus)

Nah, that is more likely to do with Trent looking back at TDS, not meaning to say that it is a sequel to it, but it is definetelly sorta him looking back at it.

And I mean "Trigger on a finger" from Copy Of A sounds pretty suicidal to me, in a way, and "While I'm Still Here" definetelly has a fear of upcoming death. And I think "Brush your skin, save yourself" from In Two may be referencing the "hesitation marks" wounds, but in a different light, where Trent is destroying his old skin (TDS Trent) to save himself and let new skin grow (Post-Fraggle Tront)

But Trent never killed NIN, even after The Slip, he just said no more tours, but said that he would put NIN to sleep, but release more records down the line.

And it's not like "four years" is anything significant, With_Teeth had even longer hiatus and Trent didn't have a need to make any mentions of him coming back. So I don't think this is the actual meaning of the album's title, I certainly has more meanings than that.

Just listen to the man himself about Hesitation Marks

>And I'm happy that I don't feel that way any more. I've learned to recognize, a lot of it forced through the process of recovery, that I'm wired wrong in certain ways, the chemical balance of my brain is off in terms of depression a little bit. This record was written as the other side of that journey. The despair and loneliness and rage and isolation and the not-fitting-in aspect that still is in me, but I can express that in a way that feels more appropriate to who I am now. And often that rage is quieter."

Tfw he has the best geobasket colorway

>"Trigger on a finger" from Copy Of A sounds pretty suicidal to me
dunno, I took it as the narrator likening himself to a soldier blindly following orders ("doing everything I'm told to do")

>"While I'm Still Here" definetelly has a fear of upcoming death.
doesn't sound like suicide though, more like someone who would like to stay, but is slowly accepting that his time has come

>"Brush your skin, save yourself"
it's "(shed) precious skin", the becoming tront thing might work though

>Trent looking back at TDS, not meaning to say that it is a sequel to it
hah, knew it was you.

it's different looking back at it now, but at the time everything about NIN, the new music with no tours idea, the longevity of the sleep, or the possibility of the full-force return was a big uncertain maybe or "might" at best, probably for Trent himself too. four years doesn't sound like much, but we had no idea how long the hiatus is going to be and aside from the a few "less than honest" (his words) hints here and there HezMarks was recorded in total secrecy, and the announcement of NIN's return with a new record and tour was sudden and unexpected.

also, hesitation marks do not refer to proper suicide wounds, they are like test cuts, usually made when someone isn't sure about going through with the thing. very fitting.

hesitation marks are when you hesitate to cut yourself before killing yourself with a razor or knife

reddit: the thread

stop being less than

i'm just calling out how much reading into lyrics silliness is going on in here. i still enjoy it.

>discussion about songs
>lyrics are mentioned
holy fuck, nice catch bro

Looks like you're the actual newfag here.

Thread opened up with a lyric question, and questions about the album's themes came into focus.
As Trent asked in one song "Can I ask you something? What did you expect?!"

It's pretty tame, no one's trying to make an argument that NIN is one long story, people are just genuinelly trying to argue what the actual meaning is.

As for music, Hesitation Marks and Year Zero are the best from NIN discography

Don't bother reading into Reznor's lyrics. He's never been a good writer in any capacity. He's the guy who sang "Kinda like a cloud I was way up, way up in the sky". on Down In It. I will never let him live that down.

I mean, in his defense, that was LITERALLY for the first song he ever wrote and released, I think you could cut him some slack there

you're an anonymous poster on a shit dead board, what have you done better?

>Blade Runner 2049 rip-off Netflick
>Year Zero starts playing
youtube.com/watch?v=dhFM8akm9a4

>those normies bitching about the music specifically
reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Dubs and trent reznor dies before ep3

Nope.

He has a vagina

but then where did the babies come from

nice try, cunt

>a little mouth opened up inside

Is it just me or the drums on The Beginning of the End sound louder with more "punch"?

it's a different mix with generic trailer drums (the punches) added in for good measure. sounds pretty alright