Is there a more low brow show in existence?

Is there a more low brow show in existence?

>Penis joke
>Call the guy with medium, curly hair a girl
>Fast car go brrrrm, but do all brrrrrms go fast?
>Penis joke

Other urls found in this thread:

theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2016/dec/09/the-grand-tour-everything-that-was-wrong-with-clarkson-era-top-gear
youtube.com/watch?v=Iva6lj8NfUI
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I just want to know if it will scratch my Top Gear itch.

I thought those jokes about the Angolan Bush war were inappropriate given his past history of racism.

>Those 1488 WP plates on the BMW

Imagine top gear if they didn't have the BBC over their shoulder saying shit like "nah too far" and "remember this is a car show".

Clarkson made a car out of meat and bones last week. May made his out of clay and it weighed 5 tonnes and broke.

It's good.

why everybody pretends this shit is good?

its not

DUDE THREE RICH OLD SARCASTIC BRITBONGS TELLING STUPID JOKES AND DRIVING EXPENSIVE CARS LMAO!

Mabye it is me, or I dont know what, GT is ok, but aftet first two episodes Im out. Forced humor, forced conflict, forced everything.

Episode 4 was the best but compared to standard TG fare it wasn't very good

It seems that they've filmed everything already and are twiddling their thumbs for season 2

They should just pay attention and just do weekly specials with the occasional episode 1 oil sheikh car hijinks

4 > 1 > 5 > 2 > 3

They need a road trip episode. Those are always comfy. As scripted as 4 was, seeing May's brick car fail was still entertaining

Pure TG Kino

>Brit Banter

Other nations just don't get it

You just dont understand high culture.

I love their chemistry and Top Gear was interesting,but the forced humor was lame. It's like they bought a book about theory of comedy and started writing jokes by formulas. You can see the punchline 2 miles ahead.

>As scripted as 4 was
That's got to be my biggest complaint about the series.
Top Gear was always scripted but at least it felt like their reactions, and basic choices in the building episodes, were unique.

Like the boat cars. Each car felt like the concept is something that presenter came up with.
The whole mud car was just an idiotic concept that anyone with half a brain would realize wouldn't work.

Toilet brits love TG and the other 50% above the poverty line hate it

But americans fucking love it because lel clarkson teh funneh anti PC man shoots guns and dosent afraid of anything

They're working their market. Americans fucking love Clarkson because he's been Trumping since before Trump Trumped. Hence it being a fucking shitshow since 2012

100% this. I hope they realize this and stop forcing charcters like "american dickhead hammond" or "retarded james may".

I think this article actually nailed it
theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2016/dec/09/the-grand-tour-everything-that-was-wrong-with-clarkson-era-top-gear
>May, Hammond and Clarkson are good presenters; they were never good actors.
The scripting is fine for old TG because it's scripted for them to deliver a conversation and get a dialogue going in how they host the series. The scripting for Grand Tour doesn't work because they're supposed to act out a fixed scenario. TG was an informal semi-informational show while Grand Tour is closer to a sitcom.

By the end of the day a tv presenter and tv actor are still two different roles and require different set of skills. Some can do both, but Clarkson and co clearly can't.

That writer was definitely overly verbose but I can't argue with anything it said.
Hopefully they'll get back into form for season 2.

I think what's fucking them over is where old Top Gear was them presenting someone else's product, Grand Tour is their own production. Their production company is producing the show, they're execs and creatives on it, it's all on them. So now that they've got all the control, they're playing it insanely safe. It'll be interesting how the next season plays out once they take in critical and audience reception into play.

it's the George Lucas effect

Go back to tumblr.

Probably. And while the audience and framing sequences of Top Gear was filmed the week it aired, with Grand Tour where they've already shot this months ahead, they won't be able to edit the episodes to course correct. Hopefully though, they'll still have a large enough audience to allow them to fix shit.

>scripted banter

>the broken scales wasn't scripted
>youtube.com/watch?v=Iva6lj8NfUI
I don't know if I'm being lied to

I thought this week's was pretty good. The breaking scales and everything was fun, reasonably comfy road trip. The car battleships bit was fun too.
My biggest complaint overall with the show is how dumb they keep making May.

I'm hype for Episode 7, Namibia Road Trip, cheap car special. They were always the best, so I hope this will live up to it.

I also really hope they drop the celebrities keep dying thing. I understand why they're doing it, because the BBC made them do the celebrity thing each week so that a celeb could come on, shill their product and they could recoup a bit of money, and now this is them going "Fuck you, we can hire celebs to make a two second appearance then pretend to die". But it's pretty fucking boring.

All these criticisms seem to be consistent from pretty much all critics, so I hope they take them on board and fix things up for next season. They've shot all the films already, so they can't change anything this season. Only thing they could change at this point is the tent stuff, but even then they shoot the tents three-or-so weeks in advance (a disadvantage of this is that they can't do a news segment because all their news would be three weeks old)

The better question is why a show with three old racist bigot fucking white males has such a good ratings in 2016

It's like a shit Top Gear aimed towards Americans.

It's British banters so it gets a pass

I haven't watched it yet because I fear it's exactly the same as the last seasons of top gear

The first and fifth episodes will do that

Why are the britistanis so godamn ugly? Like, seriously!

No wonder they are desperate for Mustafa and his pals to set up camp in their country. We all know britslags all crave a good bit of MPC

Shit that needs to be fixed by S2.
>less scripting basic shit
>less acting (and less acting like retards)
>american needs to go and stay go (or be gagged)
>actually do Grand Tours
>less explosions ffs
>celebrities can braincrash tfo
>more non-news (nobody cares that they're old news, most of us don't get auto news anyway)
>if you have to spend money, spend it on helicopters or drugs for the presenters and not on fucking cheap gags like a shitty scale or a car made of bones somebody built for you
>MORE CHEAP SHIT; LESS EXPENSIVE SHIT