Rogue One ending doesn't make sense

IMPERIAL OFFICER
>The Death Star plans are not in the main computer.

VADER
>Where are those transmissions you intercepted?

VADER
>What have you done with those plans?

REBEL OFFICER
>We intercepted no transmissions. Aaah... This is a consular ship. We’re on a diplomatic mission.

VADER
>If this is a consular ship... where is the Ambassador?

VADER
>Commander, tear this ship apart until you've found those plans and bring me the passengers. I want them alive!

LEIA
>Darth Vader. Only you could be so bold. The Imperial Senate will not sit still for this. When they hear you’ve attacked a diplomatic sh-

VADER
>Don’t act so surprised, your highness. You weren’t on any mercy mission this time. Several transmissions were beamed to this ship by rebel spies. I want to know what happened to the plans they sent you.

LEIA
>I don’t know what you’re talking about. I’m a member of the Imperial Senate on a diplomatic mission to Alderaan.

VADER
>You are part of the Rebel alliance and a traitor. Take her away!

Does this seem like the logical follow up of the Rogue One ending? Why didn't Disney work to make sure that Rogue One ended in such a way that the dialogue in A New Hope would make sense?

Other urls found in this thread:

gamesradar.com/star-wars-rogue-one-ends-10-minutes-before-a-new-hope-begins/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

WATCH IT LEIA

I feel like this is a small plot hole compared to the fact that Vader doesn't sense Leia is his daughter when he meets her.

What part of this doesn't make sense?

i don't see a problem with this. he thinks they beamed the plans over but is wrong.

The part where Vader would know it's on the ship and wouldn't bother asking questions.

Why isn't anyone acknowledging that Leia's ship was actually in the battle? Who is she trying to fool with the whole "diplomatic mission" bullshit? And why did Vader say the plans were transmitted aboard the ship? They were transmitted to the big ship and then Vader literally watched as Rebels carried the HDD over onto Leia's ship.

See:

'A new hope' referred to Luke, not the stolen plans.

Also, why didn't daddy attache the DS plans when he sent his hologram?

Depends on the timeline.
If this is minutes or hours after the end of Rogue One, yeah, it doesn't make sense.
But if the corvette and Vader were playing cat and mouse for weeks, it works. If the ship is a common model, there's plausible deniability.

he gave her the opportunity to lie, which would give him hard evidence to execute her

if he just straight up started tearing the ship apart, the senate WOULD have chimped out

this is why cops ask you questions before they shoot you

It's because Vader was too caught up in his slaughter rampage and forgot details.

I would if I was him during that scene.

whom cares

he can't fuck leia up, the senate would freak out

she's blatantly lying to his face (something ANH Leia would absolutely do) because she thinks she's untouchable. vader doesn't buy it for a second, obviously. it works to me, vader KNOWS but he has to put on a semi-diplomatic face

It's staggering that they can't segue smoothly into the beginning of an almost forty year old film. It's almost as if they didn't bother to watch it.

this, even if it's just a few hours it could check out

This sister/daughter plot was obviously written later

This is not a plot hole you autists
Leia's ship was docked within a larger ship (can't remember which one), when she had the plans it undocked and immediately went into hyperspace.

Vader was the only one to see this ship as he was literally there when it departed.
He would have to track it down by just a visual reference. Likely this was days/weeks later as there are more of these models flying around the Galaxy.

Yeah, well, maybe George shouldn't have shoved that into ROTJ at the last minute.

And of course there's the powerful implication that Luke and Leia have already fucked in Empire, so George heavily implies that incest has taken place.

If it took longer than a few hours, Leia should have started making copies and emailed them out like a Nigerian prince giving away money.

fpbp

Vader fucking saw her ship leave.

>but he has to put on a semi-diplomatic face

Did Vader know that Emps was gonna disband the Senate though?

Cause they very big

>implication that Luke and Leia have already fucked in Empire
loooooooool where

See
A New Hope has to start almost immediately after Rogue One for that to make sense.

Come on, man, what do you think that kiss she gives him is about? That's not just some friendly kiss.

The factors of time and speed in space travel isn't defined well in any Star Wars movie, so it's impossible to say how feasible that would be.

this.

The Tantive 4 gets intercepted over Tatooine, in the outer rim. Chances are it's a little while after.

I think them having Leia in different costume in the ending scene would have been a good idea, to clean up any confusion.

why is he pointing with his pinky

i'm pretty sure edwards confirmed that rogue one's ending is like 10 minutes before ANH

>Vader literally watched as Rebels carried the HDD
This scene actually confuses me a bit because I don't know how Vader knew that the plans had been beamed to the capital ship, but we being carried by hand on to the Tantive IV. He didn't even seem to indicate that he realized the plans were in front of him, he was just killing people.

That being said, Leia can't really play dumb unless some time has passed since the events of RO, and if that's the case, then she really is dumb for not doing something with the plans sooner.

>Deep in Empire territory
>Lets send risky transmission
Even Cassian said they couldn't risk sending what Jyn said because they were in Empire space.

Said ship just escaped battle with the stolen plans

Vader knew this

They were fleeing felons

If it was a totally different ship, sure

He didn't know that until well later in IV

You are a fucking idiot if you seriously think the Rebels and Leia would tell Vader the truth.

OF COURSE they will try to lie to him.

But somehow the transmission wasn't intercepted when it was beamed off planet???

Looks like you're right, but I'm not gonna take that passing word as canon just yet.

>Who is she trying to fool with the whole "diplomatic mission" bullshit?

>Believes that people don't lie even when they get caught.

Short range transmission vs Long range transmission? Vader clearly knew they were transmitting something but just didn't know what. Now if Leia was stupid enough to transmit over a longer distance then the message has a higher chance of being intercepted.

the criticism is that the rebels were caught red handed, and saying that the plans were beamed up by spies isn't really consistent with the full assault that happened on Scarif

The empire never backed up its files to a remote server? Their hard drive gets stolen and they have no way of seeing what was in it, LOL

gamesradar.com/star-wars-rogue-one-ends-10-minutes-before-a-new-hope-begins/

But as is discussed by the generals in A New Hope, the Empire knows that the rebels got a full technical readout. As far as I understood, that's all it was.

Referring to them as spies isn't a big deal. Vader only knew that they had a leak in Krennic's research team, he couldn't be sure of the full extent of it or who exactly uploaded the plans.

Vader is awfully calm when he boards leia's ship in ANH, what good guy. he tried violence but it didn't work out so he decided to talk it out instead.

Seriously. It's like OP doesn't fuckin remember the hologram of Leia "Obi Wan Kenobi, you're our only hope."

this

I have some questions about Episode IV now:

>Why doesn't Vader reference the fight on Scariff to Leia or anyone else on the Tantive IV?
>Why doesn't Leia reference the fact that Vader just slaughtered quite a few of his men?
>The Death Star plans weren't beamed to the Tantive IV and Vader knew that because he saw the Rebels escaping with them in their hands, why would he say otherwise?

Hey, I'm not interested in seeing this film, but I'm curious about how well it's doing. Tell me, is it failing? I really hope it is.

Where's the confusion?

does Disney fail?

>ITT legitimate autism

Leia is just stalling for time to make sure the plans can get off the ship

It doesn't really matter what she says and doesn't get intimidated by Vader because muh stronk independent woman
Of course Vader knows the plans are on the ship, how does him intimidating the crew to hand them over make it a plot hole?

Because the fucking movie was made 40 years earlier?

>Massive opening weekend figures
>good reviews
>great word of mouth
>legitimately has rewatch value

Will break a billion comfortably

Sounds like these people want Disney to do a special edition rerelease of the OT with changes in dialogue to address the events of Rogue One. Throw in some half dead James Earl Jones lines about Scarif, and throw in some more CGI Leia denying more accusations

Lazy writing then. You can avoid all those plotholes by just not having Leia in Rogue One but they need to spoonfeed the faux-nostalgia to reddit faggots.

>More fucking with the OT
I don't even know what the original films look like anymore

Jesus Christ Sup Forums this is Cinemasins level of trying to create plotholes where there are none

The empire intercepted the plans in the middle of the battle when they were transmitting them from the planet to the ship

Leia escapes

Vader follows

Leia tries to play dumb and bluffs as hard as she can to buy R2 time

Vader calls her out on her shit when he said
>you weren't on any mercy mission this time
and
>you are a part of the rebel alliance and a traitor

ezpz pablo will be retweeting this in a week

The Empire know they got the plans. Now the Empire wants the plans back so they can fix whatever the Rebel discovered in the plans.

The movie ending on that moment makes the overall impression of the movie better and gets better GA reception

>LEIA
>Darth Vader. Only you could be so bold. The Imperial Senate will not sit still for this. When they hear you’ve attacked a diplomatic sh-
>VADER
>Don’t act so surprised, your highness. You weren’t on any mercy mission this time.
obviously he knows she's lying, that she and the ship were involved in the heist
>Several transmissions were beamed to this ship by rebel spies. I want to know what happened to the plans they sent you.
he knows the plans are there
>LEIA
>I don’t know what you’re talking about. I’m a member of the Imperial Senate on a diplomatic mission to Alderaan.
she continues to lie
>VADER
>You are part of the Rebel alliance and a traitor. Take her away!
he tells her to fuck off

the only inconsistency is that vader says the plans were 'beamed to this ship' when they were dilevered by hand 'after' being beamed. it's a minor retcon if anything

God, how disappointing. This movie is trash

if he knew that plans were there and went to the lengths to kill those people. why didn't he immediately just murder everyone on that ship once he caught them again.

As leia suggested, it would look bad to blow up the ship. Remember at this ooint2the senate wasnt gone yet.

I am not going to argue with people that seriously enjoy capeshit.

>the only inconsistency is that vader says the plans were 'beamed to this ship' when they were dilevered by hand 'after' being beamed. it's a minor retcon if anything

If the Tantive IV was docked in the capitol ship it might be hard to tell which ship the plans were sent to. Vader also didn't give any indication in Rogue One that he saw the rebels carrying the plans, considering he wasted a lot of time murdering people instead of just force grabbing the plans. I'm guessing he was just trying to board the ship and the rebel with the plans just happened to be in front of him

because leia is royalty and a government official and the ship is officially a consular vessel. he was already stepping out of bounds when he boarded the ship and the troopers killed the security

>legitimately has rewatch value

I watched TFA opening night in IMAX, in costume, with friends and family. I was pumped for it, but it was only okay. I haven't watched it since.

I watched RO opening night in IMAX with friends. I was pumped for it, but it was only okay. I probably won't watch it again for a long time.

But you're probably right about making a ton of money because idiots like me will go watch whatever shit Disney pumps out with the Star Wars brand on it.

And I won't argue with a Jojo shitter

There's no telling how long they've been chasing them. They could have given the imperials the slip and tried to masquerade as just another Corellian Corvette.

As far as Leia knows, they could have gotten away scott free, and vader only knows because he's a space wizard.

This. I doubt he knew that the plans were on that disc otherwise he would have just grabbed it with the force [he did it to the guns].

There's no real plot hole here.

I thought the Senate was neutered after 3 and utterly irrelevant by 4. It was one of the details which Rogue One seems to have retroactively changed.

What don't you guys understand about the plans being beamed to the ship? They were beamed to the main ship and then put on a disc and then the small ship left. The plans were obviously beamed within the ship the crew of the tantive iv.

There is literally no plot hole here.

>In costume
?

Yeah this is literally the only way it doesnt line up perfectly.
Why would Leia even try to pretend she isnt part of the rebellion when she was AT THE FUCKING BATTLE HERSELF???

But surely the Empire has their own blueprints.

In A New Hope the generals seem confident that any possible weakness found can't really hurt them. I don't know why Vader even cared about the plans. Even near the end of the battle, Tarkin is told there is a chance the Rebels could blow up the Death Star, but he stays aboard anyway.

The whole point is that the weakness is an accidental oversight by the Empire. Making it intentional was one of the dumbest things Disney could have done.

>Many Bothans died to bring you this information
>No Bothans in the film

What did they mean by this?

in anh tarkin says that the emperor has finally dissolved the senate. in r1 the senate is in its last days

The senate dissolving was literally mentioned during the OT, user.

There's a single line in Episode 4 where Tarkin mentions that the Emperor just dissolved the Senate, with the implication being "he dissolved the senate about 20 minutes ago." It's not a huge focus, he mostly uses it as a talking point that they can now use the death star on whatever the fuck they want.

Dressed as a Jedi. Shit ton of other people were too.

is this serious? at this point, every time i see it posted, i'm wondering if it's bait

Making it intentional was absolutely genius. People have been bitching about the implausibility of a single thermal exhaust port that could destroy the entire facility not at least being covered by a grating for fucking decades. Having an engineer put it there intentionally makes way more sense.

>Believes that people don't lie even when they get caught.

Exactly, what is the first thing people do when caught red handed by police? "We weren't having sex", "They aren't my drugs", "I wasn't speeding."

Even if its obvious, of course you lie.

It makes perfect sense. Vader knows immediately this is the ship (he just fucking saw it) and when Leia lies he sarcastically replies. Shit thread.

So basically, this entire franchise is such a fucking mess anyone with half a brain would abandon it right now?

no, only autistic people think the ending doesn't make sense

They're literally already shooting at her ship at the beginning of ANH.

What exactly is everyone sperging about? Holy shit, kids

>TFA breaks 2 billion
s-star wars is dying hehe not even beating titanic
>rogue one opens with 150 million
i-it's dying!

Ten minutes in between Rogue One and A New Hope. They warped away and Vader caught up with them ten minutes later.

kek to death

Return of the Jedi is actually really bad, for exactly the same reasons people said the Prequel Trilogy was bad.

It takes some time for people to come around to this, but it's totally true.

Yeah, but I thought that the Senate was a joke after 3. So, the Senate being a plot element in Rogue One was pretty confusing.

Instead, they made sure she still had her hood up like she did when she fed R2 the plans.

No, they weren't invisible and doing things behind the scenes. There were no in the film and it was Rogue One that did the work in retrieving the plans in person.

No, I mean like, where is the heart?

fat crying loser

How did C-3PO and R2-D2 get on board the ship when we saw them at Yavin IV?

What was Leia doing in the middle of the battle anyway?