How come Italians never talk about their Roman heritage? Unlike Poles/Brits etc...

How come Italians never talk about their Roman heritage? Unlike Poles/Brits etc. who won't shut up about their 2 minutes of minor relevance, Italians have something to actually be proud of.

Because they have none. Modern Italians have nothing to do with Romans, they are descendants of Germanic invaders, both genetically and culturally.

Italians are greasy North African rape babies who really have nothing to be proud of.

>descendants of Germanic invaders
>North African rape babies
Really makes you think.

How come swedes are fags and Russians BTFO'd you?

Padania vs Terronia

what's the point? they'd rather larp as catholics. same way with greeks, instead they'd rather larp as orthodox. fucking retards.

True.

ITT

But the original Romans were germanic too ;^)

ITT people so retarded that they think only genes matter

Italians are cultural descendants of the Romans thus they should identify with Romans

>Italians are cultural descendants of the Romans
So are the French

French are Frankish.

A respected French academic has shown through multidisciplinary research that Franks actually originate in Pannonia and are descended from Trojans.

>French are Frankish.
And Franks were cultural descendants of the Romans

>A respected French academic
>A respected French
No such thing

This.

I think the French academic would disagree
Scholars opinions trump those of random Poles.

These retards should be killed.

French academics deny that Franks were under Roman cultural influence?
Then those academic shoud be lined up and shot.

There is a reason France is called the oldest daughter of the Catholic Church.

>Rome
>Something to be proud of
LOL

Because Italians are genetically and culturally distinct entities:

1)North italics

2)Central italics

3)South Italics and Sicels

4)Sardinans

su much jealousy and diaspora shitskins

>NORTH ITALY IS WHITEEEEEEEEEEEE
Okay Bruno

Because it's literally fascist.
And italians are taught to be shamed of any italian that isn't a communist.

that would only mean that Trojans were germanic
even more oil for nordicists

Watch it pekka, you're gonna summon the gallo-franco autist

Because it's ingrained into our heritage, everything in our lives is connected to Rome, from the laws to the buildings, from cultural norms to language etc. etc. we don't need to tell ourselves "we wuz romans n shieet" since we actually are they descendants.

>inb4 troll retards think people just vanished when the empire disbanded.

usually fascists are proud to be roman descendents but imo most of them are literally idiots who pretend to know history (they usually don't know shit). nowadays people care more about communism and fascism than what happened pre 1900

it was 2000 years ago dummy

>tfw mom is italian (south) and dad is portuguese (azores)
>tfw literally Roman and Suebi

MUH

you have to move over there and live in an italian or portuguese city for ~20 years to actually say you're either portuguese or italian though

>southern Italian
>white

did you find a finnish proxy?

So it doesn't bother you when romanians claim they're the real romans and you aren't?

Italians have basically 0 online presence outside of Italian-speaking websites, it's one of the reasons why lots of shit stereotypes are made about us and when asked about it we are just like "what the fuck are you on about", all this to say: Italians don't know about Romanians saying they are the real Romans, otherwise you would see an actual backlash about it, mostly laughs about their delusion.

I mean, there are more than twice as many of you as the Portuguese and those assholes are in every thread here and won't shut the hell up.

Ancient Romans were Greeks, today shitalians are african dogs who pretend to be descendant of Romans, just like all shitskins do

>poland central europe again
based

Nobody claims we are the real romans you fucking idiots.

We are the descendants of the romanized peoples of Dacia, and part of the Romance languages of Europe.

There is a Romanian guy on Sup Forums who thinks original Romans were from Romania

The Italian age of the communes is much more relevant to modern Italians, the regionalism (campanilismo even better) is deeply rooted in the mediaeval history, since today's rivalries are the consequences of continuous bloodbaths amongst the Italian nobility.

Let me tell. You about my country the thread

That guy from Orléans is not an academic.

>Holland and Finland outnumber Brazil
I'm impressed. Truly shitposting powerhouses to be treasured by the world.

Ah yes, all the Romans were completed replaced by moors and germanics in less than 2 millennia.

It's not unheard of

2/3 of north italians have south italian ancestors

Friendly reminder that the Romans were white unlike modern day Italy

>Roach Empire a.k.a Ottoshit Empire
>Something to be proud of
LOL

>Be Sardinian
>have both Phoenician, Nuragic and Roman blood

>Phoenician

HEY BOYS, WE MISSED ONE!

moors claiming that all romans were shitskins are just as hilarious

people would think Augustus is tourist from northern europe if he came to Shitaly today

Friendly reminder that the Roman Empire was a multicultural Empire an that anyone could have become a Roman.

>Any other oceania countries aside from Aussie and NZ outnumber posts by PNG
I have never seen those flags before and the Aussie from PNG post here relatively frequent. I call bull

>The large majority by which Scaurus was acquitted convinces us not so much of his innocence (for he had a bad reputation) as of the effectiveness of Cicero’s appeal to the national prejudices of the jury. The Sardinians were of Phoenician stock: the Phoenicians were proverbially perfidious: ergo, no Sardinian could be other than a liar.

>Cicero’s appeal to the national prejudices of the jury

He would know about that, wouldn't he?

Those are from Egypt.

>w-w-we wuz da real romanz n shit

are you people stupid?
Franks literraly spoke a German dialect that is still alive today

Germanic, not German. It's not the same.
And it doesn't change the fact that they were under heavy Roman influence.
Their origin was in fact in Pannonia and they had connections with Trojans.

Nice argument Moor

I am Greek, so i am Roman, you are moor larper

out of my way roman cucks

>When the rape is so thorough that you misplace your clothing and never think to look for it

no need to tell ourselves the obvious.

WE WUZ ROMANZ AND SHIEET

When you're the son of an alcoholic and a welfare whore and you're a failure, that's one thing, but when you come from a good family and background and still manage to be a failure, that's a whole different ballpark of shameful

we are real romans

No you are real cockroach

t. amerikan subhuman with no culture or history

Italians are very humble people who do not need to boost their self-esteem by resting on their ancestor's success.
I like Italians, they live in the present and don't shy away from hard work

t. Hans Alfonso Carducci

Not an ARGUING