ROGUE ONE : A KINO STORY

find a flaw

i'm 13:55 in give me time

Vader's ship slaughter scene wasn't longer

20 minutes too long.

The main character.

Disney needs to stop shoehorning female leads.

There's not a single white male in the main cast. I can't relate because of this. Shit movie.

I thought it was pretty boring desu

no sex scenes

Galen Erso
Quip bot
Captain Cassian Andor

My friend didn't like the film. Said there were too many chineses in it.

Vader wasted time when he should have thrown his saber.

I was literally shaking. I thought Vader was gonna be the one to kill Rouge one and was dissapointed but then holy fukcing shit that was amazing

That poster design.

Sup Forums doesn't consider half-british half-spanish to be white.

ignore them. they'll leave in a week or so.

>There's not a single white male in the main cast. I can't relate because of this.
You're literally reinforcing the "need" for diversity in films. Kill yourself.

found the /tumblr/

The shitty script, the convoluted plot, the weird pacing, the bad puns, the underdeveloped characters no one cares about, too much fanservice, a generic villain, the worst score ever and the CG characters that have already aged like milk. Just to name a few.

This is a thread about Rogue One, nor Force Awakens.

1st act was a bit too fast for my taste.

1st act 6/10, 2nd act 8/10, 3rd act 10/10. Overall 8/10.

Yes. That's why I mentioned the shitty script, the convoluted plot, the weird pacing, the bad puns, the underdeveloped characters no one cares about, the fanservice, a generic villain, the worst score ever and CG characters that have already aged like milk.

Such bad taste these days! Audiences really need to learn more. Sad.

>More knowledge equates to better taste in movies.
Nice meme.

>this shilling

The first two acts were a 2/10 at best and the third act was a 4/10. Rogue One is literally a marvel movie.

All of the characters were uninteresting and had paper thing personalities. Several scenes and characters could have been cut with no repercussions.
>"choke on your ambitions"
Asians had no effect or bearing on the main plot
Whitaker had no effect on the main plot
MC is boring and uninteresting.
Main baddie admiral was literally Generic Empire Bad Guy
Forced C3PO/R2 cameo.
>seriously, what the fuck was with the brain slug monster and why the fuck was it in this movie?
>pilot dude is fine after a scene with weird brain slug monster
Vader fuck shit up scene needed to be longer.

Find me one other person that agrees with that retardation.

>Insufferable princess syndrome MC
But I guess she gets a reality check so it's ok
>Too long
>Boring for the first 7 hours
>Only the very end (without the Leila scene) is actually decent
>Saw is fucking bad
>Marion Cotillard tier death
>No emotion
>Villain (?) is even worse than Kilo Ren
>Fucking necklace symbolism that isn't even used in the movie
3.5/10

this

Saw should have had more screen time. He looked like a very intereseting character. I haven't watched the Clone Wars so maybe it explains more

looks comfy.
wonder how much that would coast

Darth vader's character is white and a male even if the voice isn't

>two star destroyers do jack shit except accidently the shield
>Vaders ISD rapes half the rebel fleet solo in 5 secs
Was his an ISD II or something? My autsim can't handle this

He was white when he was a Jedi. He became a black man when he turned to the dark side.

Holy shit was this guy's line delivery bad

He sounded fucking autistic every time he spoke. Like every word was a struggle to push through ten layers of pure autism.

Admiral Motti invented the Death Star and Tarkin explicitly stated that Leia's homeworld's destruction was THE ceremony that marks its operational status. Did the idiot director even watch the original Star Wars?

Also, the Death Star being used for small fry crap was...ugh.. It's called Death Star, not Pimple Popper.

They were guarding the shield, and were third rate ships, guarding a glorified library.

They also said in rogue one that they were keeping the use of it before a secret because the Senate had not been dissolved yet. Also It had only destroyed parts of worlds, not a entire world.

To be fair, they don't blow up any planets fully in this so it still stands that Leia's planet was the first actual test of it's full capability.

The first third was 6/10, the middle was 4/10, and the end was 4/10. Ant man was more enjoyable.

I watched the movie hours ago and honestly had blocked it out. Seriously what the fuck?

Get out. He made it clear it was its first test. Rogue one is dogshit, except for Vader.

Ah yes. Those first 40 minutes where they're jumping around and you can barely follow what's going on. Those were the best scenes in the movie.

I think it was enough to prove a point. Also the younger kids woulda gotten traumatized.

still no gf, huh?

The competent Tie Jockeys and Spooky Troopers were nice. To bad there was so little of them

That doesn't matter, the Imperial Senate wasn't yet dissolved as of Star Wars 4, but again, that film explicitly named Motti as its daddy and Alderaan was the first victim and test.

Why are they picking total idiots to do the stand-alones?

This. I think they took it as far as they possibly could. Them being trapped and helpless to even fight back. That shit was fucked up.

fukkn saved

Yeah, unfortunately.

He's a senile paranoid cyborg Osama Bin Laden

I thought it was a lousy movie. Yeah, I haven't seen it yet, either.

Yes. The helmets were creepy as ever and the common voices were al dente, but, that's still a steak dinner in a crack alley.

>you can barely follow what's going on.
Oh so THAT's why people are praising the end

Not the incredible space battle that rivals that of Return of the Jedi. Fuck that shit. I just want to see nothing happen on 17 different planets. Whole film should have been nothing but that.

> you have to enjoy stronk independent female protagonists to get a lady to fall in love with you

I enjoyed her up until the scene where she took down a bunch of armored men twice her size. And according to liberal media sites, the movie was full of toxic masculinity, so I enjoyed it overall

I think the younger kids are traumatized regardless.

you're both forgetting one thing,,,

Last 3 minutes 12/10

I love me a healthy dose of toxic masculinity. I drink it straight.

You know what? You're right-I FUCKIN fell asleep I was so riveted, so technically I haven't seen the film either. Not technically all the way.

Trouble sleeping? zzzzzz

You're really projecting man. I gave it a 6/10. No movie should be all that.

It should have just gone somewhere instead of inconsequential space battle where you see nothing happen to 17 strangers with some nostalgia want thrown in. I wish Battlefront 2 would just come out already!

>I wish Battlefront 2 would just come out already!
Confirmed 12 year old. Mods!

too many hot pockets made ya sleepy?

tsk tsk

A six year old was sitting next to me and he was bored to the point where he wasn't watching the movie.

>barely follow

lmao

The pacing was really bad until her dad dies and nothing really made sense. After that all the pieces fell together and it was pretty good

>main character has absolutely NO personality
>secondary character has absolutely NO personality
>only characters with charisma are quipbot and blind china-pander man
>not given any reason to care about any of the main or ensemble cast
>they are all out-acted by a fucking cartoon rendition of Peter Cushing
>Krennic is the only person in this movie anybody can relate to or understand
>film has the pacing of the LEGO movie, with the last 5 minutes in particular being shockingly rushed, with the quick introduction to credits akin to a rapist fleeing the scene of a crime
>vader making fucking puns
>having a title card for every fucking planet EXCEPT wherever vader's castle is (I know it's mustafar dumb shits - why the lack of consistency? Have planet titles for every planet or none at all)

This movie is REALLY bad and Disney should feel bad. Gareth Edwards is also a shitty director.

I don't mean because it's too complex or anything. It's just so dumb and boring I find it hard to give a shit what's going on until about halfway through.

You can dunk the movie in da toilet...

HOT POCKET

>with the quick introduction to credits akin to a rapist fleeing the scene of a crime
Holy shit, unironically how I felt.

No felicity jones butt

I literally can't. It's a crime that the RT score is only 84.

Preach it, brother.

nah when she clipped the plans onto her belt

Face it: Rogue One has one of the best emotional cinematic endings ever.

This will go down in the history books as one of the greatest 3rd acts ever in film.

>that thousand-yard stare

sums up her character quite well

I think his respiratory system is fucked up so he has to push air out harder or something.

The Star Wars Holiday Special is better, and I am not joking. Not even the Vader scenes in Rogue beats the crusty 1978 TV variety hour because that introduced Fett AND has two Vader scenes to boot, so..LOL

It was fucking glorious

The vader scene at the end almost made me blast a load, holy crap it was awesome

i'm dead inside and even my eyes got a bit sweaty over the ending

Jenkum

not nearly enough

i'd give a year's salary to lick her butt hole for only a minute

Quit lying. Or stop being wrong.

It lacked an editor and a director.

this movie is a prequel to episode IV right?
if so how did the jedi chick from episode VII get in this movie?

>implying vader's dad joke level pun wasn't the second best part of the movie after him slaughtering the rebels aboard their flagship

This. There was also some previously canon stuff about forces around the Emperor and Vader being measurably more effective, simply by nature of E/V's force of will impacting those nearby. That and service aboard Vader's ships was always considered a highly prestigious posting, POGs need not apply.

That bugged me to. The whole thing should have been another ten minutes longer at least. Slow down the hop-around at the start of the film, and make the end scenes not feel so rushed.

There is more than one skinny white girl in the world just so you know.

they are different actors?
i cant tell the difference

THE FEELS

this actress is comparatively prim

there's almost nothing on the net

>This will go down in the history books as one of the greatest 3rd acts ever in film.

Do people actually believe this? Like, how can a 3rd act be considered good if no one cares about the characters? Killing those "protagonists" wasn't more intense than killing off random redshirts because none of them had a personality or anything that would make them interesting.

well fuck me they are different people. lol. thats hilarious how interchangable and unremarkable they are

I didn't care about any of them dying except the robot, he was cool.

So is this movie genuinely bad or is it just trolling and shitposting?

I thought it would be at least entertaining.

fuck. Lucas must be laughing and crying at the same time.

We don't have your taste, user.

maybe you do. maybe you don't.

>tfw she just wanted more time with her dad

Half the people posting here probably haven't even seen the movie

somebody should have survived just to be hacked to pieces by Vader.

It isn't about that actually. I'm not misogynistic. A good film requires a good lead and she was not. She was shoehorned for diversity's sake. Sigourney Weaver is an example of a strong female lead that wasn't shoehorned.

The movie is genuinely bad except for the final 10 minutes. That's why everyone is praising it. People only remember the final scenes and nothing that came before it.

Lmao, how about the dad that saved the entire future rebellion by risking his life to install the small fault that luke ends up blowing up?

How can you guys not realise despite all the diversity for diversitys sake, the real heroes are still white males?