How does this thing have a hyperdrive?

Other urls found in this thread:

starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Hyperdrive
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>How does this thing could possibly exist in the first place

It's fiction, it's not real

Fuck I hate you so much

its solar powered actually

how big are those windows irl? if it were real (i know its not)

How does this thing move so fast through water?

This.
The whole star wars universe doesn't make any sense. Only smaller craft like the X-Wing and Tie Fighter should be able to make the jump to hyperspace.

How do boats even float. They weigh tons

Destroyer too

it doesnt even have wings tbhq

That's...a good question. Same thing with airplanes.

>what is bouyancy

Read a book brainlet

Tie fighters can't.

And? Weight does not factor into water push up, just how much you need it

Well its not like friction is a concern in space. not entirely sure how it works in star wars but its some form of changing dimensions?

So if it works on a smaller ship, its just a case of scaling it up.

Rotj?
After rogue One and the force awakens I've given up on trying to treat Star Wars as a consistent universe.

>what is antigravity paint?

'Hyper drive' and 'light speed' would suggest it's accelerating until (near) the speed of light.

Im 6'3 though

>An entire thread in the middle of the night where everyone pretends to be retarded in attempt to out troll one another

Genuine Asperger Syndrome.

its too fat for that

Who is that?

it's morning here mate

>out troll
please explain

Brendy

How does hyper drive even work? Does it come from the engines because the death star doesn't have any

>Weight does not factor into water push up
It does because boat push down retard

how does a moon fly through the galaxy in light speed without crashing into asteroids or some other planets

How do you have any idea what a hyperdrive is actually like, or how it works?

In the EU books that flesh out the tech, is explained that a hyperdrive actually shifts the craft into a separate, coexistent dimension (hyperspace). Craft are able to travel well in excess of the speed of light in hyperspace. So basically the hyperdrive shifts you over into hyperspace, you boogey over to the point in this coexistent plane that corresponded to your destination, and then shift back into real-space.

Hyperspace is still affected by time-space curvature due to gravity. It isn't really touched on in the films, but you need to get to certain minimum distances outside of a planets gravity well before you can make the jump. This also complicates travel through hyperspace, as getting too close to anything with enough mass can interfere. So 'speed' in hyperspace is affected more by the power of your nav computer, and its ability to plot a safe course.

starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Hyperdrive
try reading a book for once in your life

its goes so fast it goes through them

So why was hansolo worried about going through a sun if you're flying through an alternate dimension

>my chief source is made up fan ficrtion

Because the suns gravity well could pull you back into real-space, very close to the sun. Which is bad.

How could they jump to hyperspace while still on Jedha then

>you need to get to certain minimum distances outside of a planets gravity well before you can make the jump.
;^)))))))))

did you even read this is a canon article it even says it on the top right of the article

>you need to get to certain minimum distances outside of a planets gravity well before you can make the jump
>its goes so fast it goes through them
Aren't both these rules broken in Rogue One? Not that I give a fuck.

They made a jump in atmosphere in rogue one

That actually bugged the shit out of me, based on previous canon, they should not have been able to.

absolutely not also i don't like star wars, haven't seen rogue one and literally don't know the relative merits on either side of this argument

>educate yourself with made up bullshit guys

You really are to intelligent for this

>absolutely not also i don't like star wars

Its literally impossible to travel through that much space and not be affected by solar gravity

space is fucking vast

what if the suns very far away and weak

It is. But the accuracy with which they travel to planets shouldn't be possible if they are affected by gravity

trolling? on Sup Forums? what?

also, this is part of the reason why Han Solo made the Kessel Run in parsecs and not hours. The Kessel Run is a corridor of black holes that most ships have to take a wide berth around, but the Millennium Falcon's excellent nav computer can cut far closer to the black holes than most other ships without hitting a point where it'll get pulled out

Hyperspace is not real anyway. Phisical body can't travel faster than the light.
Entire SW universe is fantasy-in-space and all the spacecrafts move with unscientific magic powers.

Do you not know what baneposting is?

Anti matter objects theoretically can

BANE?

Anti-matter has mass, and therefore can not be accelerated to speeds equal to or greater than of the speed of light in a vacuum under the currently accepted laws of our universe.

Ships made out of antimater would look like sonata-shaped black holes colored in madness.

Can a Tie Fighter docked in a Star Destroyer withstand Hyperspace?

einstein was a hack

as soon as we accept this we can move on and develop FTL

lol you don't actually believe that things float in space.

yes. But TIEs don't have an independent hyperdrive engine outside of special prototypes, so they can only travel through hyperspace while inside a Star Destroyer

Can a pilot of Tie Fighter sitting in a Tie Fighter docked in Star Destroyer withstand Hyperspace?

>Einstein was a hack

Nagasaki and Hiroshima beg to differ.

They don't. They just fall in some direction endlessly.

Can a can of space soda within a Tie pilot's hand within a Tie Fighter docked within a Star Destroyer withstand Hyperspace?

jj fucked everything up
it was a relatively consistent universe until he showed up

Only if it is sugar-free. Regular sodas are affected by Chernekov Radiation and convert to anti-matter if they transition into hyperspace without being grounded to a flux capacitor, which only certain classes of ships are equipped with. The Victory and Imperial class Star Destroyers were, but the Imperal-II class lacked it do to issues with the solar-ionization reactor.

The size of a stadium.

I'm glad I'm lurking Sup Forums at 0400 and not Sup Forums

Why would you make such big windows on military grade vessel?

towards god?

>pretends

What's terraforming?

To give everyone a chance to look at the pretty sploshions those pesky rebel scum planets turn into.

Well, except everyone not located near the side the gun dish is on. Sorry, Steve. You only get to watch empty space.

Toward whichever mass is currently exerting the resultant force upon it.

Why is that?

I don't know who those are OP

Towards the objects of bigger mass. God isn't that heavy and probably circulates around Earth by high orbit.

It doesn't matter if it's made up nonsense. What matters is that the rules are consistent and previously established things are not disregarded. Otherwise you end up with stupid plotholes that ruin the movie experience.

>God isn't that heavy

You're right. I heard she's been working out recently.

>God isn't that heavy

So he's not a big guy?

How are people still making threads for one of the dullest franchises in the history of movie franchises? Seriously each episode following a bunch of magical space wizards has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the space setting, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make space seem less stellar, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast as soon as Lucas conceived the series; he made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody, just a ridiculously profitable franchise of schlock and awe. The Star Wars series might be anti-male (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-Interstellar in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the story was good though
"No!"
The story was dreadful. Every time they need something to happen, they just have an older character mutter to a younger character "use the force."

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. The Star Wars series is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that it knows nothing else. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Star Wars by Steven Spielberg. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are watching Star Wars at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to watch Steven Spielberg." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you watch "Star Wars" you are, in fact, trained to watch Steven Spielberg.

>she

>>>/tumblr/

He's possibly the biggest guy in all of existence.

>t. retarded stinky nigger whose never watched a Star Wars movie in they're life

lol....just...lol

>ineffective use of special effects

Stars Wars basically invented special effects bro

There I obviously some confusion toward the gender identity of G*d.
Well, which is it, boffins? Does she have a weewee or does he have a vagoo? Go find out, the clock's ticking!

yeah wow spreading vaseline on a camera, so amazing, LMAO

Quit defending this franchise you manchild.

Hahahhaha

for you, perhaps

Boyhood? dude.

10/10 atleast i was triggered,

No TIEs jumped in RotJ. The First Order TIEs (at least some) have hyperdrives.

How does Goku's instant transmission work?

by instantly transmitting him. Clue's in the name brah.

>Bunch of adults are talking about kids movies and how "realistic" they are

Sad!

They aren't windows.
You fly into them, parking lot for spaceships.
Some could even store Star Destroyers.

Wouldn't that weigh it down?

lol

Nah pham

Yeah but how does he do it? Is he breaking down into individual molecules and transporting them across space like in Star Trek, or his he punching a hole in space where he's at and where he wants to go and sliding through it, like in Jumper?

By using maps. That's why in ANH they almost crash the Falcon. The destruction of the planet created an asteroid field in their path.

It's one of the things I liked the most about the old EU/RPG. Characters who would go out into unknown territories and map out routes for other people to travel in with hyperdrive.

Well it would've been pretty fucking useless if it didn't have one.

>Sweet we destroyed every planet in this solar system, lets hope that scared everyone because if we need to destroy anything else it'll take us thousands of years to move the deathstar within firing range