Why does Sup Forums worship this below-average female musician?

Why does Sup Forums worship this below-average female musician?

Other urls found in this thread:

clyp.it/ikhbcqjc
clyp.it/r1apgrpf
youtube.com/watch?v=qGLvUejoRb4
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Grimes a shit

Don't really know. Posts like this aren't exactly helping

[citation needed]

also read this, you dumb plebs:
>The polarizing emotions Grimes evokes in both her fans and her fans in denial goes to show well enough how relevant and thought-provoking her art really is. I'm amazed by the cult-like following this lady has garnered.

cringe

cringe some more

cuz she if fucking amazing and creative unlike your bait

you must be at least 18 years old to post here

right. so gtfo, moron

Sup Forums doesn't.
Shills do.

why is Yoruba so persistent? he should do an ama

Hi yoruba, big fan of yours.

which of us is youruba and what does it mean

You're both yoruba
>[citation needed]
>plebs
>greentext quote from literally where taken out of context
>gtfo/btfo
At least TRY to hide it

don't mind this autist. he's provoking you with silly memes.

>what does it mean

t. yoruba

Because Sup Forums needs an alt-girl idol to jack it too.

>those ears
>that monobrow
>those lopsided molars
>that squashed nose bridge
she actually looks inbred in this picture.

kek.

I wonder how good she is in bed. Shaking that little ass up on my dick

I like her music, but it's embarassing how people here compare her to Bjork or Kate Bush. She's not THAT good

>She's not THAT good
she's BETTER. not even bjork and kate bush have her sense of MELODY and RHYTHM and ever her PRODUCTION skills. also grimes never did albums as bad as red shoes and volta.

>grimes never did albums
fuck of already yoruba. you don't "do" albums. you "make" albums

shut up, idiot. do and make are similar words. how about stop being a huge grammar nazi fuckwit and a huge nosy mofo?

Grimes a cute

that's not how english works. you can't just substitute synonyms for other synonyms. different words have different connotations. and what you're saying sounds awkward. my reasoning for pointing it out though is to show everyone you're the same retard who made that mozart post
>inb4 that wasnt me

Waifufags I would guess. Very persistent waifufags. It's probably just one super autist doing all of it.

>you can't just

Lol yes you can

"synonym" means a word that means something similar. not a word that means the exact same thing.

we don't

They have not checked out LINGUA IGNOTA

Lmao

your post is dumb. i'm not even the only one who used "did" instead of "made". you're too sensible about your precious english. let people who aren't native speakers to talk whatever they want, asshole.
>you can't just substitute synonyms for other synonyms
yes, you can. that's why they're named synonyms, stupid fuck:
>a word or phrase that means exactly or nearly the same as another word or phrase in the same language, for example shut is a synonym of close.

>this much damage control

Similar =/= the same

>a word or phrase that means EXACTLY OR NEARLY THE SAME as another word or phrase in the same language
do and make are nearly the same. stop nitpicking.

that trash album? how could you even listen to it without losing your mind?

i've spoken english in an english speaking country my entire life and i've NEVER heard anybody use "do" as the verb for making music.
>performing
>playing
>recording
>making
>composing
i've heard all of these. never "doing"
regardless of whether or not it's grammatically correct. it's not the accepted way of saying it, and my point is that it makes you stick out like a sore thumb. (hence why i could ID you as that mozart moron)
>inb4 that could have been anyone

imo if he was just some fucking guy who happened to use that phrasing, he wouldve just been like "lol okay??" and that wouldve been up. But he literally replied with the same used up arguments he always does, with the same flustered tone/syntax.

Grimes

bingo

Ok fuck it I'm gonna take this thread as an opportunity to post my actual real opinion of Grimes, and this is an opinion I formed in high school before I ever came onto Sup Forums so it's one that was formed outside of all the waifufaggotry and I still hold it today.

I think Grimes is pretty ridiculously overrated. Her pre Visions stuff is unremarkable in almost every way, sounds like random shit you could find by browsing through Bandcamp for a little bit.

Visions is easily her best album, and even then it's only pretty good. It's got some real good songs on it but it all kind of blends together. It's got a good sound though so this isn't the end of the world.

Art Angels was a huge disappointment for me, I actually find it nearly unlistenable aside from maybe 3 or so songs. Most of it is grating and annoying pop, without strong melodies. California is annoying as fuck, Kill v Maim is obnoxious, and Scream is unironically probably one of the worst songs I've ever heard. Realiti is pretty good but it's not nearly enough to save the album, which in the end is pretty much a hot garbage fire. Very disappointing after Visions.

i'm not even a Grimes fan but California is a phenomenal pop track. what do you hate so much about it?

Knock him down

The CAAAAAAAAAAAAALIFORNIA hook is so annoying to me it pretty much ruins the whole song for me honestly. It's one of the worst hooks I've heard in a pop song. Her voice is so high pitched. It's awful imo

So can we report this for not sticking to grimes general since it's being bumped with just pictures of grimes?

Shit makeup. Shit teeth. Shit clothes.

Hammer the nail

Not a fan but her music is still better that average to 40 desu.

>imo if he was just some fucking guy who happened to use that phrasing, he wouldve just been like "lol okay??" and that wouldve been up.
because everyone would react like you. yeah sure. that retard told me to fuck off. that wasn't exactly a comment to warrant a mere "lol okay??" answer.

dunno man. You're probably new then.

get out, waifufag

ok, that was just your opinion. but this
>Most of it is grating and annoying pop, without strong melodies
is plain bullshit. are you deaf user? art angels is full of great melodies. it's actually the album's biggest feature.

Anxiety

I trust you.

A strong melody will get stuck in my head, it'll be something memorable. Most of Art Angels is just obnoxious, I'm more inclined to turn it off to stop the headache it's causing than to groove or have fun like I usually would with pop music of this nature. Songs go by and hook after hook just doesn't land.

>Her pre Visions stuff is unremarkable in almost every way, sounds like random shit you could find by browsing through Bandcamp for a little bit.
is it visions that ordinary? show me another album like visions now. even one example. or at least another song like circumambient or eight. go!

pathetic
>implying any 2 words can mean the exact same thing

i would rather listen to grimes' shitty step brother rapper than her

Claire

>A strong melody will get stuck in my head, it'll be something memorable.
true
>Most of Art Angels is just obnoxious, I'm more inclined to turn it off to stop the headache it's causing than to groove or have fun like I usually would with pop music of this nature.
i have a feeling you just don't like her high pitched voice. there's an instrumental version of this album out there.
this is how california sounds like without her vocals: clyp.it/ikhbcqjc
same thing for kill v. maim: clyp.it/r1apgrpf
do you hear dem melodies now?
>Songs go by and hook after hook just doesn't land.
art angels is absolutely stacked with great melodies. i can't believe you can't hear them.

i can't listen to her music now because of the one guy who always spams pictures of her. maybe that was his plan all along.

imagine trying this hard

Isnt it funny you wouldn't let him in

Has she ever fucked her hands up with carpet shampoo

Visions has it's own sound. I don't think you read that properly, I said PRE Visions stuff is pretty unremarkable

All I hear are chord progressions. What's the point of pop music without the vocals? I don't have a problem with high pitched vocals, it's just Grimes has to stretch her voice to make it as grating as humanly possible. It gives me a headache. There are plenty of albums with WAY better pop melodies than Art Angels

Bump

>fans in denial
This is a good shitpost.

t. fan in denial
You will eventually take the grimespill.

I'm not being facetious.

>Visions has it's own sound. I don't think you read that properly, I said PRE Visions stuff is pretty unremarkable
my bad. but the argument stays: i never heard something like geidi primes or halfaxa so far. something slightly similar, sure, but something close to them? no.

THATS CORECTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

Which other artists' music DO you wholeheartedly like? Am curious because I happen to love most all of Grimes' music (ESPECIALLY the pre-Visions stuff) because of my general tastes in music. And it sounds like yours must be pretty different. And it always interests me to hear about what kinds of other music listeners do/don't find Grimes' music compatible.

It's just one obsessed retard and/or a marketing shill who works for grimes. Hide and sage Grimes threads.

>it's just Grimes has to stretch her voice to make it as grating as humanly possible. It gives me a headache.
you're just not accustomed to her voice. it's a acquired taste. try again few months from now and maybe you'll change your opinion. her voice is really expressive and out there. also her vocal melodies are excellent.
meanwhile check this cover: youtube.com/watch?v=qGLvUejoRb4
at least do you like this?
>There are plenty of albums with WAY better pop melodies than Art Angels
like?

eggclaire buttshare

you will see the light one day. never say never...

>still being attached to your mind in 2018

you stupid fuck grimes IS BETTER

>at least do you like this?
Yeah that was pretty good, I enjoyed it. Nice and ethereal, cool bouncy electronics. Good stuff

>like?
Off the top of my head
>Steely Dan - Can't Buy a Thrill
>Depeche Mode - Violator
>Beach Boys - Pet Sounds
>David Bowie - Hunky Dory
>Love - Forever Changes
>Prince - Purple Rain

Better pop melodies?
>lady gaga
>Madonna
>soft cell