/urban/ - Comfy Edition

Post architecture and buildings here

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=PlQRfIzI4FA
urbankchoze.blogspot.ca/2015/08/point-of-view-matters-scourge-of.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

White flight was a mistake, suburbs were a mistake, townhouses are good.

commieblock with decor

*importing niggers was a mistake

They weren't a problem when they were employed.

Each door leads to an individual town house. It's not an apartment building.

When was that?

commieblock with decor and individual doors and without lifts

>on all levels except physical, i am a commieblack

During the slavery. You would've just had to pay them measily for the same thing.

I see.

He's referring to slavery, but you could also look at Detroit in the 1950s and 1960s if you want a less edgy example.

I have commieblock

But I prefer the more lively podium construction method, works better with street life

>you could also look at Detroit in the 1950s and 1960s if you want a less edgy example.
>they weren't a problem
>during the 60s

youtube.com/watch?v=PlQRfIzI4FA

Berlin is building very nice buildings nowadays. The style is inspired on Jugendstill, but then with few ornamentation.

It looks nothing like what classical architecture dictates, it looks cheap and fake

I have a book on classical architecture that I can scan if you guys want

Better than bland blocks either way.

I think brick enhances the facade of a building

It's horribly dominant though and doesn't really blend into its low height neighborhood. It's built a good bit off the city center. NYC has some nice examples of modern stone skyscrapers though, either completed or under construction. And nothing looks out of place in NYC.

New York could actually be a lot higher (and cheaper) if they removed the height limits too

I think finding large uninterrupted properties is a more urgent problem these days. A ton of new constructions are absolute pencil dicks.

You don't see this in Hong Kong, because most of the construction is new and they have virtually no height limits

Looks like hell.

From up here, yes

But you must understand that people do not experience the city like that

urbankchoze.blogspot.ca/2015/08/point-of-view-matters-scourge-of.html

It doesn't but that's the point. We come from postmodernism and at this moment new styles are being created that hadn't exist before.

I miss Winter.

My city was too New World to be comfy, though.