This movie is SJW and anti Trump, don't watch it, #dumpstarwars

>this movie is SJW and anti Trump, don't watch it, #dumpstarwars
>watch it
>it isn't

Really makes you think...

I don't know about trump, but didn't one of the writers say on twitter than the empire is basically the alt-right?

Yeah it's absolutely awful instead wtf i hate disney now

It was just some retard attaching his own personal narrative to the film, if he never said that no one would care. The film has zero anti white and anti trump subtext, Anyone that thinks so are retards.

>listening to Sup Forums

Fucking Chris weitz, if that faggot kept his mouth shut, no one would give a shit

DISNEY SHILL
ignored thread #39

>Sup Forums says the film is anti-white male
>biggest hero of the film is based Mads

really makes your gears turn

He said the empire is a white nationalist organization. Which doesn't even make sense, since it's canon now that some Stormtroopers were black.

There really is no SJW message to the movie whatsoever, though. It's just about the moral limits of rebellion.

I like how the Rebellion (i.e. Hillary) solves every problem by sending in their space fighters and bombing the fuck out of everything.

I thought the empire was Human supremacist though, isn't that actually canon?

Please fuck off with your gay bulllshit.

Why does Sup Forums have to jam their dick into any form of entertainment that moves? You're literally worse than weeaboos.

I mean the empire in the extended universe are human supremacists, but that doesn't show up in rogue one or any of the movies

He probably actually meant they're based off the Nazis (which they actually are) and went full retard

they solved that one problem with a tugboat tho

I would definitely say it was a very 'progressive' Star Wars but it was more that they pandered to worldwide audiences to increase ticket sales, especially Asian and Middle Eastern.

small winks at the audience:
>black xwing pilot narrowly avoids getting crushed by the Space Balls planet shield; white boi isn't so lucky & gets crushed
>Hawaiian guy with the big gun gives a longing look at the Donny Wen at the end
>a lot of sympathetic allusions to South American revolutions and Iraqis using IEDs against US millitary
>very suggestive to antifa radical types that assassinations and immoral choices are necessary in a revolution
>the mining of the Jedi temple kybur crystals was a metaphor for the US being in the M.E for oil

little things like that throughout the film

>they are

well in the sense they needed imagery to make the bad guys feel grounded and real in contrast to the guy with the laser sword in black samurai space armor, yeah.

Dressing them like soviets would be a little on the nose so they combined USSR with the nazis.

Lucas was a sponge. He would throw anything at the wall to see what stuck. If anything he was more influenced by the Vietnam war but he just wanted to make a Flash Gordon reboot from the start.

it's definitely the most progressive Star Wars film to date that's for sure.

>USSR with the nazis.

With a bit of the British Empire too

The mouse doesn't give a shit about politics, all they care about is $$ and how to maximize their profits (see the cast of TFA and Rogue One)

>>black xwing pilot narrowly avoids getting crushed by the Space Balls planet shield; white boi isn't so lucky & gets crushed
Instead a black soldier is killed the moment he tries to get to the interruptor.

1. Meh. Plenty of POC characters died too.
2. I think you're being way overly sensitive here.
3. This isn't totally off, but I think it is a stretch to call it 'sympathetic'. A major theme of the movie is that the rebellion isn't totally innocent.

Forest Whitiker's group are murderous extremists who ultimately invite their own destruction. The soldiers volunteer to help at the end partially out of guilt for the awful shit they've done.
4. See above. Also, umm, yes, those things are necessary in a revolution. I don't think that's necessarily a left or right wing idea.
5. Was it really?

tl;dr you are blinded by ideology.

The Empire has basically always been a stand in for right wing politics in America. The similarities to Nazi imagery are not an accident you know.

The only real difference between old SW and Disney SW they portray more racial diversity now. GL seemed to have some issues with race but he ain't no Trump supporter that's for sure.

>GL seemed to have some issues with race

But he made the first movie with an all black cast, back in 2012!

Publicity. The alt right takes shit way too seriously. Same with the SJW. Two sides of the same entitled baby coin.

>Horseshoe meme