Why is Star Wars so popular when Star Trek is objectively superior?

Why is Star Wars so popular when Star Trek is objectively superior?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hCYKTjM1xz8
youtube.com/watch?v=SmsRN78qMxM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

lucas saves all the good space models for star wars.

1. Star Trek is equally as popular nowadays if not more so.
2. Most of Star Trek is shit, especially the majority of TNG.

Reason as Trekcucks see it:
>Star Trek is smarter, so dumdums cannot get it
Actual reason
>Star Trek and boring as fuck

Nice grammar dumdum.

Because

film > TV

quality > quantity

Destroying your enemy is more fun than making nice with them

Both are popular.

Star Trek has had so much more time to build on an elaborate Universe, in some cases using real scientific theories, which believe it or not encouraged real life scientists (who were fans) to name real elements of science based on the show. It has been a strange back and forth from science to fiction to real science.

Star Wars is mostly fantasy based on 1940's serials attracting a more broad based audience. Star Trek has had more time, more material to attract audiences.

"Star Trek" certainly got the better reboot, heh.

"The Force Awakens" totally ripped off "A New Hope".

>1. Star Trek is equally as popular nowadays if not more so.
ahhahahahahaahhahahahahahaha

Star Trek is more nuanced and there are very few species that are "enemies" only, as in real politics, alignments change over the years, and you shouldn't confuse Roddenbery's idealism with Star Trek

The first two new Star Trek movies were also rehashes of older episodes and movies.

You don't have any idea about what you're talking about, do you?

Plebs are much more numerous than patricians.

I guess you haven't left your basement in ten years.

Nu-Trek is as shit as Nu-Wars. Glib facsimiles, both of them .

you're a glib facsimile

Okay, which movie is the first new "Star Trek" film cribbing from? "Star Trek 4"?

Nemesis

Even though Im more of a Star Wars guy I dont have any problem to admit that Star Trek universe is much better overall.

Unfortunately they have problem using its full potential in movies and only some of tv series were good.

The mistake "Star Trek" has repeatedly made is not sticking to the darker, serial-format pioneered by DS9.

Gritty "Trek" is best "Trek". Grit makes "Star Trek" believable to me, considering how many flawed species live in that universe.

Star Trek can be intimidating for some people. When Star Trek began in the 60's it was a concept far ahead of it's time similar to the same impact The Matrix had at its time.

Star Wars is easier to pick up on playing mostly on general good verses bad themes easier to pick up on by general audiences.

But Star Trek is ultimately more rewarding.

good bate
but really, you think this?
really?
have you seen these movies you quote to be better?
have you?
they are full of shitty plot holes set to resonate the pleb god wersherpers, "the force will save us jessusss"
fuck off, i will give you
'77 an indie innovative cult hit.
and '81 a better directed than anything before or after in the WHOLE sw universe.
apart from that, quote your fucking source.
st>sw chronologically and in any other fashion. luaus is a co-opting hack.
st is fucking legit ground up science fiction.
sw is mystic feel good Bisney hack shite.
- point, st is also hack shill shit but whoteva point is made.

I agree 100%

>tfw this woman didn't show up once a season to con the enterprise in different ways

I completely disagree. As a fan of TOS, and TNG I hated DS9, and found most of it forgettable. My least favorite of all.

Voyager was okay at times, better towards the end, and Enterprise towards its end was pretty good.

both is crap

PEWPEWPEW
WHOOSH
BANG
And so on.

or to be mor precise:
Star Trek is too hardscifi
Star Wars is too fairytale scifi
Stargate is best

Or really?

youtube.com/watch?v=hCYKTjM1xz8

>objectively

There you go using that word again.

Yeah, see this shit? It's all just shitty talking, where's the funny gay droid or the cute boobbeeboob or the JarJar? Who watches this garbage?

It's true, though. Objectively.

>2. Most of Star Trek is shit, especially the majority of TNG.
nigga what

Actually that clip didn't have the part I wanted, Kirk talking about man needing to struggle against adversity to survive. Quite ahead of its time.

But since you're locked in your opinion about all of it, take care have a nice life.

Now I feel bad because you're too dumb to see the most obvious sarcasm.

Sarcastically saying something stupid on the internet doesn't work because we don't know you, you just appear to be a genuinely stupid person like you'd find in any YouTube comments section or advanced screening of Star Wars.

Star Wars is dumb fun for idiots, while Star Trek is dumb fun for pretentious people.

Wrong on both counts.

star wars is fueled primarily by nostalgia, when you're a kid there were tons ot toys, vidya etc etc.

most kids do not grow up watching star trek and buying star trek toys. star trek appeals to a very specific type of kids. usually autists.

star trek is just a lot more inaccessible.

DS9 for best Trek.

>be at work
>all my coworkers including my boss, except one are huge star wars fanboys
>as a result I have to keep my love of star trek secret

I wish I had at least one person to discuss trek with, but no all star wars fans. One girl who works in are department said "I'm going to binge star trek on netflix." My coworker said "you mean star wars." It took everything in me not to blurt out in autistic anger why he is wrong.

Well perhaps an alternative view is that you're not good at articulating sarcasm in a place where most have binary overly generalized opinions.

Because star trek beyond was such a huge hit.

I guess so.

it was the most star trek movie of the three to.

Star wars: fantasy in space
Star trek: Sci fi

This guy gets it.

I grew up on Star Trek, and over the years have met so many that hated it and could never explain why, but with those same remarks, so maybe I am a bit defensive about it, but even that still isn't absolute.

Is the new Star Trek TV series going to be any good?

Y/N?

spocks a damn athiest.

youtube.com/watch?v=SmsRN78qMxM

No

Wow you managed to be wrong twice.

You have a point?

I wish I could forget SG:1, just so I could watch it again fresh.

just seasons 1-8, 9-10 are garbage. I regret watching them

No, it's going to be a SJW mess.

i went to see TFA at midnight in my star trek tshirt

good fun (apart from the movie)

>dumdums cannot get it

When it was announced to be a fucking prequel, probably no. After Bryan Fuller stepped down as showrunner, definitely no.

>Star Trek is equally as popular nowadays if not more so
nigga i'm a huge mark for star trek and even i know this is wrong

yes
logic is evil.

With the way political correctness has plagued most all industry entertainment, I am doubtful it'll be worth watching, but it's still too early to tell. It might have a chance if it being on the web gives them more freedom.

>quality

>Prequel
>No Bryan Fuller
>Muslim Chakotay
>Have to pay for specific CBS Streaming service to watch legit

it's gonna be garbage

>Netflix, Amazon, and Hulu all offered money to distribute the show, [17] but CBS Corporation President and CEO Leslie Moonves opted to develop the series as CBS All Access' first piece of original content, anticipating that millions would subscribe to watch the show.

blunder of the century

I thought religion was all but gone in star trek's universe.

No.

what is even worse that every other country besides the USA and
Canada gets to watch the show on netflix.

okay
how about they are trying to normalize demons with him.

I think that's what you're trying to do to me thinking I'm stupid.

I know they're making a big deal about "diverse cast", but I think that's just a fucking marketing gimmick. Star Trek always had a multiracial cast.

TV is dying. Destroyed by over censorship. Can't blame him for wanting to get some of that internet cash.
It's working for Netflix, and HBO.

im just trying to remember complaints about star trek i read and started shitposting.

>I completely disagree. As a fan of TOS, and TNG I hated DS9, and found most of it forgettable. My least favorite of all.

That's fair, as long as you realize you're in the minority

>a bunch of faggots inside a ship
>superior
Nuepe.

But instead of compelling people to take out a subscription to his shitty streaming service, why not just let a larger, more popular service provide it? I like Star Trek, but I'm not subscribing to CBS just to watch it. I'll more likely torrent it. Now he doesn't get the money from a subscription or the Netflix money. gg CBS.

Star Wars is less complicated and deals with simplistic themes, hence why so many manbabies and autists love it.

CBS has been trying to launch an internet service on their own.
The Star Trek movies did well, but fans want a series. I know it's shitty, but from a business perspective using Star Trek to boost influx to the online service might be a good idea.

Real talk, Star Wars the way Disney has it set up is for Normies. They completely got rid of the EU, which was full of shit that actual nerds liked because it involved reading (lol only nerds read), and made it third grade philosophy where MAGIC LIGHTSIDE = GOOD and MAGIC DARKSDIE = BAD It's also space opera which means you don't have to really explain shit and anybody can quickly pick it up because you only have to watch six movies.

Star Trek has like a ton of movies and five TV series, making it harder to get into. It's also not as black and white philosophically and there are a lot of episodes that raise actual ethical questions like that time Worf wanted assisted suicide, if the needs of the many outweigh the few, McCarthy era trials, and a shit ton I don't feel like remembering right now but it can make people uncomfortable if they aren't used to thinking about shit like that.

Star Wars is a fun pulpy space adventure whereas Trek tends to be more hardcore sci-fi and that that is what turns people off of it in my opinion.

Maybe I'm in the minority but I was watching Star Trek since forever, it was on all the time. I may have been admittedly inffluenced by my Father, who while not a a truly hard core trek fan watched it often. We even went to see first contact together when I was wee niglet.

It's supposed to be, but it's been pretty much confirmed that they're going to include a Muslim character because it's the current fucking year

No slave Leia costume.
No boba fett.
Too sterile.
Too liberal.

>religion besides light christian references
>in Star Trek
Get me the fuck out of here

>No slave Leia costume
Star Trek has plenty more hotness than Star Wars does.

I see no reason religion shouldn't play a part in Star Trek, if for no other reason than to tip fedoras at silly people when they run into something like Q.

but religiosity is demonstrably declining worldwide

alah defeats the great satan during ww3 didnt you know?

Star Trek was always fundamentally about man/humans using technology to excel beyond old customs.
That wouldn't make sense.

I didn't watch Star Trek until my wife sat me down and coerced me through the first three episodes of TGN.

My problem was that I was trying to watch TOS repeatedly and I'd always turn it off by the end of the first episode. Star Trek is boring as shit when you're watching it by yourself, although TNG had legitimate depth compared to modern tv series.

I was introduced to Star Trek sometime around the 5th grade. I stayed up all night to watch Smackdown and Raw and Star Trek the Original Series was on after them around 2 in the morning. I loved it.

Star Trek was panned as being too cerebral when it first came out, and that's why. Star Wars caters even to the most base idiot child.

Not anymore lad. Remember all those Muslims the first world has been importing? Turns out they're breeding faster than the native populations and Muslims are less likely to become atheists later than people raised Christian.

Of course it doesn't make sense. Star Trek has always been about a future where mankind has abandoned religion. But in 2016 if you don't include a muslim, a gay, a gender amorphic non-linear exo fluid trans woman, and a strong female lead who don't need no man, you're show will never get green-lit.

Star Trek has too much pretend-science that breaks its own rules. The shit with Q is fun but plain retarded in any sci-fi aspect.

Star Wars is a lot more grounded in that nothing is too out of the ordinary.

Including an obvious tranny in star trek hurt my brain. They can completely rewrite your brain turning your outie into a functional innie probably just takes a flick of a switch.

That's kind of why I think the internet might work better. If it's on TV, or in film it has to fill the pc quota, but if on the web maybe there's a bit more freedom.
It'll be a matter of viewers, not specific demography quotas.

the worst offenders will probably be aliens so nerds wont bitch about humanity.

>implying they won't have non-surgical cure for transgenderism in the distant future