/180/: BETVICTOR WORLD MATCHPLAY FINAL

The last visit to the Empress Ballroom in Blackpool's Winter Gardens for 2017 sees a tournament that has been clearly high on drama and deceptively high in standard ends with a meeting of two utterly detestable players that really has no desired winner.

Stoke sex pest Phil Taylor's quest to make it 16 Matchplay titles has seen him cruise through to the final after only losing 23 legs over his four matches so far. His first cunt-off against Gerwyn Price saw Pheel kept in check for the first 10 legs before blitzing the Welsh roidlet. Vintage Taylor has since taken over, with 100+ averages in every match since and a tournament checkout rate of 45%. Raymond van Barneveld unsurprisingly gave up, but the biggest thumping of all came in the QF where a severely off Michael van Gerwen lost 16-6 in his biggest humiliation of the past 5 years. Half-crocked Adrian Lewis attempted to stay with the Prowler in last night's SF but just couldn't keep up after 15 legs.

So-called Scotsman and panto clown Peter Wright has made his first Blackpool final after inconsistent performances this week. Changing darts midway through his opener with James Wilson eventually gave him a win with a sub-90 average before whipping Cristo Reyes with a 104 average in round 2. A tight QF against Darren Webster saw Snakeshite eventually get home after a six-leg streak decided the fixture, and a gripping SF encounter with Daryl Gurney yesterday saw a ridiculous 41 missed darts at double by the current UK Open champion but still got through in the end.

The pair's only meeting over a long distance came in last year's Grand Slam of Darts quarter-final, where Clownman averaged 103 and finished at 40% to win 16-10. A repeat of that performance will be needed if he is to claim only his second major, but let's be honest: that won't be happening. Apparently, this has been fixed for TAYLORWINSLOL from the off.

Coverage starts from 7:00pm UK time on both new-look Sky Sports Main Event and Action channels.

Other urls found in this thread:

pdc.tv/news/2017/07/29/betvictor-world-matchplay-semi-finals
twitter.com/OfficialPDC/status/891687938643439616
pdc.tv/news/2017/07/30/gurney-secures-world-series-place
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Tonight’s match (Best of 35 legs)
Taylel v Snakeshite

All matches must be won by 2 clear legs, with up to 5 extra legs played to decide a winner. If the match is tied after 5 extra legs, a final sudden death leg will be played.

>Day 8 roundup
pdc.tv/news/2017/07/29/betvictor-world-matchplay-semi-finals

>Beta bitch Clownman gives up second walk-on privilege because MUH RETIREMENT
twitter.com/OfficialPDC/status/891687938643439616

In other news, Daryl Gurney's excellent run this week has seen him get three more appearances in the World Series of Darts next month: pdc.tv/news/2017/07/30/gurney-secures-world-series-place

Pic related (by the excellent Burton DeWitt on Twitter) shows the seed participants for every World Series since it began. The fact Barney has played every single one may explain why the lazy twat cannot be arsed to play ranking events.

TYBOP

>Andy Hamilton
>Wes Newton
What year is this!?

2013, back when they were both relevant.

Taylor to win every remaining major this year screencap this

Every eligible major of course.

He can't win the European nor the Players Champs Finals.

>ends with a meeting of two utterly detestable players that really has no desired winner.
Clown isn't that bad. He might be a choker in his midlife crisis, but he is not an asshole. If any, that cow wife is the source of all problems.

Also: Justin Credible speaking some truth in his current blog entry about MvGs latest behaviour, despite his regular over-usage of swear words.

>The vile scut from Holland is an arrogant obnoxious prick who thought he was unbeatable, signing autographs in the middle of a game, texting his best friend the elongated dutch Mervyn King during the MVG- Whitlock matches and being a general prick.

Oh yeah right, didn't see that. Now that makes sense.

MVG has at least come out with this:

>"I wasn't 100 percent and that's my fault," said Van Gerwen, speaking to RTL7. "I have to accept it, even though it's painful. The last ten legs or so felt like torture but Phil played well. He took every chance to hurt me and I didn't - I didn't take any chances at all and that hurts, but I have to deal with that. My form wasn't there and it wasn't there in the first two matches as well. Looking at my average of 101 it's not good enough when you play Phil - I missed so many doubles, I was poor. I don't blame the crowd. These things happen in Rotterdam, Aberdeen and Germany as well and when you're 100 percent focused you can deal with that."

>"I'm taking a month off now, Daphne is giving birth to our daughter soon and I'm looking forward to that very much," added Van Gerwen. "After that month I've got to focus again on the darts and make sure I'm ready for the upcoming tournaments."

Fact is, he's not been right all tournament and was never going to win it.

Not majors

>only Sky events are majors

>Autism showing feelings

Well, sounds good, at least he's taking the blame. I hope that he grows up as a player. The way he was going really makes me worry that we're ending up with another eternal reigning cunt.

Taylor never suffered a defeat like this in his prime, that's the problem.

Whenever MVG has another cunt streak he'll surely remember
>16-6

And we're on now.

Hes on Dutch TV now with my boy VvdV. Seems very chill about it.

>these Blackpool stats

Meanwhile we have to put up with mardle talking a load of shit

Oh god Michael shittalking Phil now

van Gerwen: "Congratulations to Phil, once again the most unsporting player on the tour"
Phil: "Suck my balls mate"

Wow!

We'll be needing a name for this whole incident. I suggest something lesbian, because it looks like two cunts rubbing at each other.

I'm really annoyed by this. Always liked MvG and thought while he was kinda one-dimensional, he was really entertaining. But his shot became really too much for me to handle in the last months.

I have a terrible feeling Clownman is going to job like fuck.

>that outfit

>dressing up as a pineapple
Jesus fucking Christ, Clownman.

State of it

>dad what was it like to live through the era of the greatest dartist to ever throw an arrow at a board?
>I hated every second of it, son

what happened between van Gerwen and the Power?
been away a couple of weeks and just tuning in for the final.

FOR

THE

LAST

TIME

IN

BLACKPOOL

OF THE WOOOOOOOORLD

i actually want Taylor to win 2bh

>letting philly walk last cause muh retirement
>cucked and pocketed before the match even began

He's gonna get swept, isnt he?

Power raped him 16-6

MVG severely below par

Why else would he come out on stage dressed as a fruit?

>Snakeshite crying
Jesus Christ

>already broken
THANKS UNCLE BARRY

>bull bull
BRAVO

might buy Wright's pineapple shirt for Maga.

looks good

>watch Wimbledon tennis final
>Cilic crying
>fast forward 2 weeks
>watch World Matchplay final
>Wright crying

I don't think these semen-slurping sports are for me

>gives up walk-on privilege
>comes out dressed as a pineapple
>crying on stage
How is it possible to lose before you've even thrown a dart?

This is how.

Only place it's suited.

Oh boy, these lack of check outs.

Well clown, if you can't win THAT leg, what leg do you think you will win?

>the absolute state of snakeshite

>crowda already getting on wright's back

i'll give it 8 legs before he cries

fuck it, I'm off to get beer. Anyone need anything?

DAT 101

Clown finally in the game!

>all these people holding up the 180 sign when he hit 140
lel

Gf and choc ice pls

DAT 101

Only positive you can really take from that is Wright has won 2 legs.

This isn't going to end well for him.

What kinda outfit you want senpai? Just fuck my shit up

This is inevitable.

>this match

Nice DD20 from Clown!

Neat tops tops 100.

More of that and Feel will shit himself.

that 2x tops was nice

Snakeshite will probably miss darts for the match

THE CRUELLEST

CLOWNMAN ON TEARS WATCH

When you watch a clownman game, then you can see that his overall choking is carefully set up during the whole game by a series of mini-chokes. He really makes choking an art!

Also: The Taylor Bull finish...

Pheel is going really close to the wire on the big numbers, he seems to be a bit nervy. Not that it matters when Snakeshite is just going to roll over and take it

He's pulled it into T7 when going for 57 too often as well.

>4-1 session
well this is going to be over before 8:30

Unrelated, but still funny!

wright needs a break in the next session or its a repeat of the qf and sf

If it's 10-5 or better for Pheel at the end of the session, this final is done.

The Taylor Bull finish... again.

RIP Clown

pathetic from snakebite

YEAH YEAH YEAH
QUE NO PARE LA FIESTA
DON'T STOP THE CHOKING!

A reverse bull 82. After Clown blew 5 to hold throw.

Absolutely merciless.

this will be some breakback after choking in the last leg

He will be remembered as the guy who can only win a final when the opponent is a roided up manlet.

Watch him immediately lose throw again.

...and van Gerwen not being in the tournament

wright's finishin is brutal

Wright inexplicably showing some fight.

>2 legs in a row for clown
>Feel starting with 41
Come on, Clown!

fantastic session from wright

GWAN SNAKESHITE

Wright CANNOT get broken back this leg. Possibly the most important leg of the match so far
>365 after 6 darts

Won't be if he loses his throw here.

there's right fucking it up again

And Clownman has instantly lost the match.

219 after 12 darts on your own fucking throw after having 3 straight.

Way to shit it all up in an instant, Mr. Shight.

>win 3 legs in a row, including 2 breaks
>lose own throw immediatly afterwards
>with 219 left
>Clownman

>Clownshite

top lel

>Taylor averaging 106
Wew.

Another Clown miss on throw.

Another Taylor break.

taylorwinslol

Ogre.

And the Terry Jenkins-award for bottling finals goes to...

Fuck sake.

Shite final

It's good to see Wright bending over and letting Taylor enter just like barry told him to do.

Bazza will be pleased at Clownman bending over like this.

Good analogy from Mardle/Studd on the difference between Taylor and MVG in finals for once: Taylor's a boa constrictor, MVG's a samurai sword.

>4-1 session and averaging over 105
Brutal.

its only fun watching phil when he's the underdog

In that third mini-session, Peter Wright had scoring visits of the following:
>140, 140, 140, 180, 180, 174, 140, 171, 180, 140, 130

And fucked it up by throwing 282 in 12 in the last leg.

As much as it hurts: Feel is the well deserved winner of this tournament. He had a much harder schedule (Roidlet, Barney, Autism, Snackpot in comparison to Clown (Jammy, Christo, Midget Webster and Chin), he had very few moments of weakness, and his finishing was uber-clutch this week.

Second best player in the tournament probably still was Gando, who went out despite having the best average in both 1st and 2nd round. Unlucky for him to meet a blazing hot Dude.

>Taylor's a boa constrictor, MVG's a samurai sword.
So true. MvG crushes you, Feel waits for you to crush yourself.

>that scores
Unreal.

Agreed on Prowler.

>Second best player in the tournament probably still was Gando, who went out despite having the best average in both 1st and 2nd round.
Chin surely.

Beat a seed in every match he won as an unseeded player.

Also didn't complain about MUH JETLAG.