Is it true that the Irish are considered lower class people in the UK?

Is it true that the Irish are considered lower class people in the UK?

Those are pikeys, once they sold me chinky mobile phone
t.Polack

Also arent juggalo trailer trash Amrrican thing?

Where did this meme come from. The Irish are fine. It's the pikeys who are scum.

Yes, the majority of Irish who emigrate to the UK have historically been blue collar builders. The Irish also have a boisterous culture which clashes with both the British lad-culture and the more refined culture of the upper classes. We're not viewed as subhuman niggers, but people will automatically assume you are working or under-class which is largely true
t. Actual Irishman
Those are yanks

What's the difference between a pikey and a tinker?

Pikey: British name for Irish travellers
Tinker: Settled Irish name for Irish travellers, because they used to travel from town to down and fix household items for money

The Irish are normal people who happen to be from Ireland. Pikeys are shit versions of travellers who generally shit up whatever place they're in.

Yes, see; Travellers/Tinkers/Liverpool.

Thanks for the protip island man

>shit versions of travellers
Every version of a traveller is a shit version of a traveller

I don`t know, but it`s retarded how Americans try to claim who is the most irish between them. When I was in exchange there it always got me thinking, like they don`t even have an idea about how many generations their family has been there, but they assimilate a fair pale skin or red head with being Irish, it`s just retarded.

My driver had a lot of bad experiences with them. Do you care to elaborate about yours?

kys

Uncle had his trailer stolen by them, luckily he knew one of the head men from a building job who just so happened to be in town.
Da has been in a few fights with them
Brother had his phone stolen by one
I've been started by a few but managed to keep my head firmly attached to my neck (they ended up battering someone else not long after)
Friend of a friend had his head sliced open by them and stabbed in the ribs

Bear in mind every incident I've just described after my granda has been literally the only encounters with gypos. Every encounter is a bad encounter

Should add, one of my encounters came after two lads tried to cut my grass without permission (one of their well known scams), i knew they were knackers by the look them, went out and told them to fuck off and one squared up to me, petrol strimmer still in his hands

Fucks sake man i tough they are some harmless cheap rif raffs fucking around your garage or backyard trying to steal lawnmower.
At least roma gypsies are like this unless there is like 6 of them against only you, just like pakis by the way

how do you tell a traveller/pikey from a typical irish person?

do they have special accents or something?
do regular irish people live in fear of being confused for a traveller?

Gypsies are not harmless. Hardest bastards ive ever met. Romas are wee pansy bastards who won't fight unless it's 6 on 1 aye. Irish travellers will fight you man to man if they feel like it and put you in the hospital. But they'll also gamg up on you without a second thought. Had to make up some balls about this being an IRA house so they'd back off. Chances are if you fight a gypo you're gonna lose

Honestly back in the day when i was little silly goose in completly new country i assumed they are just lower class brits.
Its more about attitude and maybe little difference in slang and qccent but im not expert on that one. As long you can distinguish trash people from normal citizents its not rocket science to spot a pikey. Not mentioning those fucking trailers
I also heard they are pretty loaded but still chosing thia low life lifestyle since muh tradition and fetal alcohol symdrome

Don't know if Brits can tell the difference but aye they have their own accent. That's how bouncers know not to let them into the pubs. No one would confuse a regular Irish person for a traveller. You'll know one when you see one

Irish are considered lower class globally, because they are.

Fuck off potato nigger.

Is that Jeff Gerstmann?

Fair enough i heard they are tough bunch
By gypsy i understand Romanian gypsy, brown skin lanky posture
By Pikey i see traveller, simple minded big bloke that wants your wallet

>how do you tell a traveller/pikey from a typical irish person?
Count the number of front teeth.

Yes they can tell the difference from a 100 yards, know one manager at pub that have to deal with them weekly - sneaky bastards in general

Why australian have an opinion on such matter? I doubt you have any travellers out there

We call travellers "gypsies" aswell like, that's what I'm referring too. Would still prefer them over Romas, at least tinkers don't run sex rings
No
My friend's da owns a pub too, only time they hire bouncers is when they get word gypsies are nearby
If they ever walk into a pub you're in, no shame in walking right out the door

I like Ireland.

Well you pay for a good time so it makes sense to drop it instead of fighting drunken lowlife on parking lot. We have same shit in Poland with bydlos, waste of air if you ask me
Dunno much about criminal background of Gypos but im not living in London so how could i know jack shit anyway

>If they ever walk into a pub you're in, no shame in walking right out the door
wow, seems kind of insensitive to be honest

Ahh you're a pole. Tell us a bit about byldos lad. What makes a byldo a byldo?
Racism against travellers is 100% socially acceptable and even encouraged in Ireland

They are good at playing this blaming card "you are judging mate" but if you give them like one hour of free pass you pretty much got reminded why are you used to do it in first place

Let me grab a fag and ill reply to you shortly after

No sweat boy

>Be Irishman 200 years ago
>British round you up and throw you on a boat to a prison colony at the bottom of the earth as part of their genocide of the Irish people
>Establish society, have kids
>200 years later your offspring talk shit about you on the internet

>tfw knackers now have ethnic minority status

i'm pretty sure they have a we wus story too

I made you like a foocking book about the subject but my post disappeared. Basically more violent chavs, some have knives
At some point dumb football hooligans got hooked up on pseudo patriotism and nationalistic ideas, when i used to grow up in 90s they were just dumb without ideology. Since they can vote, they are useful to wannabe politicans spreading this sort of world view. At the end of the day every patriotic and national march or happening is ridded with simple drunk mob looking for a fight.
Sorry for entire book about it but its long subject containing a.lot of frustration and lack of perspectives when it comes to these people. Avoid if you are visiting, they consider every person outaide of Poland eighter invader or some artificial ancient enemy you should hold grudge against to

I'm visiting Kraków next year actually. Are there any local customs that i might need to know?

Its touristic place so dont worry you wont get any suspicious stares or anything like that. I can suggest you nice places to hang around. Avoid Nowa Huta and try to stick around Rynek (touristic) and Kazimierz (local) part since its really nice there. Might visit Pod Baranami (they have cinema as well) if drink i liked Alchemia. Cheap yet good food you might try Polakowski but if its a date try one of more fancy restaurants. Ask me your questions ill give you a hand, used to live there

Aww handy lad. Few of my mates are going with me so we'll be drinking. Any good clubs? What's the local etiquette with girls? Is there anything an Irish lad might do that they'd find offensive? I used to date a Polish girl so would knowing some Polish help me impress?

Clubs i think "Cien" suppoat to be nice for gigs but im nit much of a clubbing man
Look with girla avoid "flirty georgous looking" slags standing outside ot pubs asking you for a drink. Theyll ripp you off, its cheap country so theyll ask you for a drink - cool, after that they will go to bathroom and never come back. When youll be about to pay every drink (as you havent checked before) costed around 100£ so security pretty much much will take all your cash and throw you out if you cant pay. Its rare and i used to live there like 6 years ago but still might be a thing, easy money you see. But its really rare they look for old loaded suckers anyway.
Girls are differemt thank british, if youll be polite and charming but not very pushy youll interest them. Of course it varies on every woman but remember thay for them you are exotic somehow, yet attitute "im so rich where ia my eastern euro whore" might make you get your shit slapped by manhood on a bar or club. Just dont be a arrogant prick no one likes that antwhere.

Sorry for how that post looks like but im disgusting phoneposter AND drinking stella so here we go

No worries lad, seems like standard common sense, glad it won't be too much of a puzzle
>british
Triggered

Sorry i know Irish have different values, i think youll fit right in. Are you visiting only Krakow or sonething else as well?
Bieszczady are lovely place for forest-mountain trip. You can rent some small wooden house and drink yourself to death with your friends while nit caring about anything. Usedto spend my childhood there, its not touristic and not many people in general, pure nature

That sounds fantastic desu, might chat to them about doing that aswell. I've got to go to bed here lad but you've been a good help. Enjoy your stella
Boże błogosław

Oh well same here. Just do your research as well about place to stay and what not
If you like art and know who Beksinski is, in city of Sanok thats nearby theres entire section of museum dedicated to him, since ita where he lived.
Good night and have a great time in Poland

Irish Travellers are Gypsies?