Thought this was incredible, am I retarded?

Thought this was incredible, am I retarded?

no, it was pretty good

It was alright, but the fan service felt forced, and to me that sort of bogged it down.

It's the best SW since ROTJ.

Was okay

This is an action tropefest set in the star wars universe
Solid 6/10 desu
Star Wars is overrated anyways

Nah it was solid as fuck. Main flaws were the cobbled together disjointed first act and the climax not being about Jyn anymore.

The fan service is so conflicting. Some of it like the inclusion of the Red and Gold Leader I loved but other shit like bumping into the guys that Kenobi bar fights in ANH was capeshit-tier camera winking.

The I don't like you guy is the only one that really bugged me

And I get it's a side story but why no opening crawl?

no, it was fucking awesome. easily the third best starwars movie.

rejoice OP, you aren't a jaded cunt, and you aren't alone.

Last half hour makes the whole movie for me

Your probably retarded for likely StarShit anyway
Saying that it was still a great Star Wars movie

There is a crawl in the next movie

Checked

I know fan-service gets hated on here, but if you had the Star Wars world at your desposal, you would probably add in some of your favorite characters too. I was hoping lobot would make an appearance

Yes. And worse.

My girlfriend won't go see it in 3d, should I break up? We've been together a lil over a year. We're still going in about 20 minutes.

Its really good IF you like Star Wars, other wise its an average marvel film

It's better in standard, saw both and the 3D is underwhelming compared to TFA

I didn't think the 3D added all that much to be honest, maybe my eyes just suck.

The performances are better than any Marvel movie I've seen, the tone also is more consistent and dark and the visuals are of a higher quality.

How do I get paid to shill this shit too? Where did you go to sign up for it? I need some extra cash for the holidays.

Well great that is good news, been looking forward too it. Been on tv all weekend but avoided spoilers so was weary going into this, but now I gotta find another reason to kick her out.

you are not alone

8/10, with some of the same feels as the original

gareth edwards + gilroy + film editors deserve credit

Yes, very good. Finally a Star Wars movie for adults.

Went with my wife. She never noticed that Tarkin was cgi. Screw the haters.

I do want to know what they cut though.

doesn't the state give you enough cash for the autism disability? what do you spend it all on? hotpockets?

This right here is exactly what a western woman should look like. Perfect North-Atlantic ape genes.

i hope they release, with the 4K blu ray, ALL the deleted and alternate scenes

Craiglist.

>I do want to know what they cut though.

I'm guessing tons of stuff with Forest Whitaker and whatever the after effects of the pilot losing his memory from the squid monster were based on them being the most jarring parts of the film.

I thought it was shit.

Only the last 10 minutes are worth watching

Saw it too. The whole "this is about minorities fighting the whites lol" thing made me want to hate it yet I still came out loving it.

Great action, focused fast-paced plot, and some nice characters. I wanted to hate the stereotypical blind Chinese guy so much but his bromance with the machinegunner guy made me love them both too much.

Nope. I feel sorry for the subhumans that didn't like it. Finally a Star Wars movie for Star Wars fans.

the crawl is such a stupid shit idea

>George Lucas
>"So i have this story now. what medium will i pick to tell it?"
>"Ah, i know. I'll make a film!"
>makes you read a book

she should break up with YOU

3D is fucking terrible

I just saw it in the theatre
>that (space) battle
>that vader scene

one of the best star wars movies

I can't wait to get a 1080p copy so I can edit out some of the boring shit and stitch it together with A New Hope.

Pretty good for a high profile CGI-fest movie.

This.
Unlike tfa, the dumber moments were just thrown in as opposed to being integrated parts of the plot, so the edit potential is fantastic.
Only things that can't really be helped are Tarkin cgi and the weak score.

Honestly it was fucking bad.

Plot was boring and stale. Why can't we have a story that doesn't involve a death star for once?

All the characters are like action figures that bend their personality to the will of the script at every turn. Especially the main bitch.

The whole diversity thing is basically done to fill a quota, none of the people who come along for the ride have any real purpose or motivations other than to be there as pawns for Disney's marketing.

The appearance of C3PO/R2D2, the cantina guys, the CGI resurrection of Leia and more importantly Peter Cushings who's pre-death likeness not even credited at the end is just straight up perverse. The Red/Gold leader, all those old imperial outfits, it just clashes with the freshness of a new cast.

The characters in Jyn's crew did have potential to be interesting in their own right had they been allowed to the opportunity to be developed and explored. Cassian Andor was well played and showed believable empathy, and KS-20 is the closest we'll get to a HK-47 on screen (aka a droid that doesn't completely suck). Donnie Yens character was crying out for more development, the old man who's lost his purpose. Kind of reminded me of Jolee Bindo. Shame none of them where in a story that afforded them any chance of being more than bit-part money makers for Disney.

Much better than TFA that's for sure.

Didn't care much for the first 2/3 of the movie, but the battle on Scarif was great.

they CGI'd peter cushings in?

FUCK THAT

autism

QTAF

how so? did i make you feel like you wasted your $20?

triggered

>minorities fighting the whites

Reminder that this was NOT in the movie and this was NOT was the movie was about. It was a FAILED INDEPENDENT Twitter campaign that Disney DISAVOWED and successfully ordered to be deleted off any official or employee twitter accounts.

NOTHING is this movie draws conscious parallels to modern-day Western bipartisanism. It was a movie that drew themes and imagery directly from World War 2 Resistance to the Third Reich.

To be fair Cushing really loved SW and was always bummed that Tarkin died so he couldn't appear in sequels. This is one of the reason his bff Lee signed on for the prequels.

It's tacky but not the same rolling in the grave insult as a Guinness appearance would be.

It's good but, incredible? Absolutley not.

Felicity is cute, CUTE

>Buy a ticket (make sure to go to a theater that has assigned seating)
>Skip the first hour and a half of the movie
>Nothing of value was lost
You'll thank me later

>Bad guys are nice people in real life
>Good guys are assholes in real life

Every time. Why?

Yes you are retarded, but the movie is pretty decent

So, a Special Edition?

Being that it has parallels to terrorists rebellions, like we'd see in Syria, painting them as monsters.

Completely the opposite of a SJW agenda.

I'm not sure if it's fair to call Sir Alec an asshole. he just hates plebs

The 'campaign' was headed by one of the lead writers on the movie. Even if Disney disavowed it it was still definitely a thing.

That said, after watching the movie, there's really nothing political in it. It's just a straight up good Star Wars movie, albeit with some questionable dialogue in some places.

See also, Evan Rachel Wood.

You might be, but you also might not. Nothing about it was strictly bad, it was just arranged in such a way as to make it "ehhh" overall.

If it had had a different director, it probably would have been one of the better movies this year. Instead, it's just a Marvel movie disguised as a Star Wars movie.

Borefest. Sub-par dialogue, lame characters with no depth, literally didn't care about anyone

Good cinematography tho

Just read his wiki page. 'hates plebs' is a perfect description of him. I can't decide if he's a bitter old man or a straight up boss.

>Watching Star Wars in 3d

You utter fucking pleb. I wanna cuck you with your superior gf now.

Great flick. Hopefully they'll release a Director's cut with the cut scenes from the trailers.

I thought it was shit but still not as shit as The Force Awakens.

The Vader hallway scene was great though, too bad I had to watch a two hours long shitfest before that.

Her campaign was nothing but a temper tantrum. She doesn't control SW. TFA has already established the Empire will enlist any human regardless of race as canon.

>no opening crawl

The movie is literally an opening crawl. It didn't need it. Besides, it was far better to leave it out so they didn't set a precedent of needing them.

It's a side story; let it be a side story.

3D is a garbage gimmick

>thinking the literal biggest movie of the year needs to shill on Sup Forums
you overestimate your importance

Meh, 3d is fine when it's used well. It doesn't add a lot, but it can be pretty cool. They've finally gotten out of the whole "HOLY SHIT 3D!" gimmick phase for the most part.

Definitely not worth the extra $3 for a ticket 9 times out of 10 though.

>the secret plans to the Empire's ultimate weapon

wouldn't it be more accurate and dramatic to say

>the plans to the Empire's secret weapon

because otherwise it sounds like everybody knows about the weapon, so it's kinda confusing when the characters experience it for the first time

Well by the time they went to steal the plans, the weapon wasn't a complete secret from everyone.

I'm normally an advocate for 3d, but I'd not recommend it here. Far too many things with extreme depth of field and negative depth

The crawl is an exposition to the audience not a narrative from the rebellions perspective.

Star Wars containment board when?

Fanservice nostalgia shit. If you're ok with that, it's a 6/10 and if you're not it's shit of the lowests orders

You are.

I loved it and I want everyone to see it

It was pretty decent movie, far better then Force Awakens.

Pro's
-Passable female lead
-Father actually stood out in terms of acting ability
- Minimal Buffy-style retarded dialogue (noticed this in force awakens)
- Ground trooper fights at the end was nice
- Asian bromance surprisingly nice

Cons:
- Male co-lead wasn't really compelling, fine since he didn't have the spotlight but the end was kinda ehh
- Robot jokes were hit and miss
- Human CGI felt weird
- Plot to see father felt kind of unnecessary
- Didn't even feel like it had a male villain

>be careful not to choke on your aspirations

I'm not really a Star Wars fan and I didn't see TFA. Anyway I thought it was spectacular. Really beautiful visuals in the first half especially. Felicity a fucking CUTE with appropriate power levels for space fiction. Minimal aliens was a bonus. Didn't feel it was overly sjw, rebels being a decentralized multimix of different factions. The final battle I thought was the weakest bit until the last ~10min. Very careful and effective use of Vader also, really exceeded my expectations.

Anons help me, was there any post credit scenes? I stayed till the end but nothing, I see YouTube today and there's like 50 videos about a post credit scenes. Halp

>Passable female lead
>Minimal Buffy-style retarded dialogue

the dialogue and lead were probably the two worst parts of the movie other than the shitty original bits of music and completely forgettable supporting characters

I loved it. Definitely had it's flaws but was a fun film to watch.

>155 million opening weekend
>opening usually accounts for 40-50% of a films total earnings
>250 million dollar budget

>TFAs opening was like 500 million

what made this movie do so much worse than TFA? was it disney letting the writers post dumb shit like this? i thought it was a better movie than tfa by a mile and star wars pretty much sells itself

There isn't. All those videos are clickbait.

>white people will unironically pay money out of their pocket to finance communist sjw's and their plots about diverse multicultural gangs of good guys and old straight white males as the bad guys

you deserve everything that's coming to you

Go to bed pol.

Also here's your (you).

Leave them alone faggot

this is Sup Forums, everyone is a massive loser who has spent more time arguing ds9>tos than they have inside a vagina

TFA just had more hype behind it, it was the first new Star Wars movie in years. Disney will never be able to capture that hype again.

Yes, you are, after all this is one of the dullest franchises in the history of movie franchises? Seriously each episode following a bunch of magical space wizards has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the space setting, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make space seem less stellar, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast as soon as Lucas conceived the series; he made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody, just a ridiculously profitable franchise of schlock and awe. The Star Wars series might be anti-male (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-Interstellar in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the story was good though
"No!"
The story was dreadful. Every time they need something to happen, they just have an older character mutter to a younger character "use the force."

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. The Star Wars series is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that it knows nothing else. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Star Wars by Steven Spielberg. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are watching Star Wars at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to watch Steven Spielberg." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you watch "Star Wars" you are, in fact, trained to watch Steven Spielberg.

I thought it was fine, but I can't see how there are people saying that it was amazing. It was a perfect example of the Disney machine at work. The movie was fine, but it took zero risks and was pretty predictable to boot. I liked it, but if you ask me to name one character in the movie that wasn't in the original trilogy, I would be at a loss for words.

back to your wandkino threads

>pulp fiction
>god tier

>Climax not about Jyn

>Flaw

I'll take: "I'm incapable of seeing the big picture" for 500 plz

dont devalue this meme. save it for potter

>complaining about diversity
Stopped reading there. This movie doesn't have an agenda you kunt

>pretty predictable
We already knew the outcome and plot for 40 years, of course it would be predictable.

It was good but had a lot of flaws.

I honestly felt nothing for the good guys. Their deaths never even made me sad.

The bad guy was meh too.

This time fanservice for SW fans literally saved the movie. Action was great. Space battle was amazing.

This. I thought that was one of the better parts of the movie and I can't believe people would bitch about it.

It was such a nice contrast to "HEY I CAN DO EVERYTHING" Rey in TFA. Seeing a female lead actually relying on her team to pull off this huge undertaking was a fun thing to see, and even then she was the one who delivered the data to the comm tower in the end.

As someone who thinks modern day female leads are shit and trying way too hard, I thought Jyn was pretty damn great. Yeah she had her "I WILL MELEE 5 STORMTROOPERS AND WIN" at the beginning, but past the first act she drops that shit and is a part of a greater team.