So im learning guitar but im thinking about getting a synthesizer/keyboard...

So im learning guitar but im thinking about getting a synthesizer/keyboard. Would it be hard to learn both or should i stick with the guitar until i master it before i move on to another instrument? If not can someone recommend me a specific model for a decent price?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=eAKoTYFZH6Y
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

i am additionally interested in an answer for this question

as am i

Bumping because this pertains to my interests

just don't be me

>oh user what instrument do you play
>"the sequencer"
>lol what's that?

skipping piano lessons was a mistake.

A lot of the basic stuff you learn on guitar will apply to piano too (chords, scales) so there's common ground there. What is kind of a good point. A lot of synths are more music making tools rather than instruments per se. If you can, learn piano instead, even on a basic level. Will make your synth playing skills so much easier.

It's not impossible to learn two instruments at the same time. Go for it, I say,

i wanna learn piano and guitarre, which one should i start with

just go balls deep and learn the hammered dulcimer

unironically do both, you're not going to "master" guitar anyway

This. Fucking sweet instrument.

^this OP and fp can be rithmers aka the guys who do simple progresions.

yep. Anything with the psaltery or dulcimer is amazing. Part of why I like Trapezoid Stringway to Light and stuff by Constance Demby so much

If you're planning on learning both, I'd focus much more heavily on piano/keyboard first. Especially for first learning, because it is much more of a visual instrument it will be easier to transfer what you learned over to guitar (or any instrument) rather than vice versa

minilogueeeeeeeeeeee

dude whatever, if you can compose decently with a sequencer you can use a sequencer, and you can pick up decent keyboard skills just by casually playing when you're writing stuff

I'd say you should learn a DAW, unless you specifically want to be a guy in a band who plays guitar and keyboard or whatever. Learning software gives you autonomy. And you can get a keyboard or whatever for writing or practice, but it doesn't have to be anything special.

> Would it be hard to learn both or should i stick with the guitar until i master it before i move on to another instrument?

Keyfag here. Do you want to learn both, do it

> If not can someone recommend me a specific model for a decent price?

Oh boy, here we go: there are
> digital pianos
> acoustic pianos
> stage pianos
> synthesizers
> workstations (this is definitely too expensive)

that go from having 25 keys and being monophonic to 88 and polyphony of over 200 keys at the same time and that vary from sample based sounds to true synthesis (from basically you can't change shit and only got one sound, like piano for example, to you can "create" your own sounds)

Question is

> what do you want to learn exactly and how much money you're willing to spend?

>workstations (this is definitely too expensive)
unless you get an old one

still probably not necessary unless you want to gig with it

hey man so i've been on the fence for a while over what synth to buy to start myself out and thanks for settling it

You could get fooled and buy a worthless piece of shit. OP clearly wouldn't be able to tell the difference...

And to me the most important part is getting a teacher, either classical or into jazz... I always forget to mention to not go the YT/Skype teacher way

This user speaks the truth. I owned a guitar for like 10 years and never learned how to play it properly. I started practicing everyday and learning about theory and as time went by I got better and better. Then one day I found an old piano keyboard I had for some years too and decided to learn that too. Much of the stuff I learned from the guitar translated smoothly into the piano. I'm learning both, loving every second of it and progressing decently. Go for it OP, it's doable if you practice enough.

Why not master both? I truly don't think anyone good at a sequencer has strictly no knowledge. They're different tools, like a fork and spoon.

Ur welcome ! Gr8 synth for a great boi.

Hey I'm in the same situation. Started learning guitar half a year ago and this week I picked up a 49 key midi controller. I'm having tons of fun with it and I feel it complements my guitar very nicely. Bonus is I get to learn how to use a DAW as well.

keyboard is much easier and alot more sophisticated than guitar.

we are at a time where guitar is practically a novelty and everything can be replicated with midi.

im not sure about the coolness or sex appeal factor with keyboards compared to a guitar but keyboards can do most things and more that guitars cant. plus it easier on the fingers.

youtube.com/watch?v=eAKoTYFZH6Y