Everyone in Animal Collective except Deakin should just call it quits already

Everyone in Animal Collective except Deakin should just call it quits already

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FYEt-NoIYy4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

reminder to add 1.5 to the pitchfork score of every album made by a white person and to subtract 1.5 from every album made by a black person to remain objective

Pitchfork is shit and you should feel like shit for taking it seriously
This is a good start to fix it

I bet you think you are an intelligent individual

all of you are idiots

>thinking p4ks inflation for blacks is only 1.5

more 3-4+ points

I bet you think you're twice as smart as anyone who disagrees with you
This

Thoughts on Sleep Cycle?

Has anyone even heard this shit yet? Do you even know what you’re angry about?

its dope

No, I bet you think you are an intelligent individual

Thoughts on Sung Tongs? Sorry, just curious

nah Avey hasn't lost it yet. I was iffy on Eucalyptus but his new songs are fantastic. has potential to be the AC release in a long time

*best AC release

its dope

i hate pitchfork so goddamn much now

i don't come here much anymore but believe it or not there was a time when we really listened to what pitchfork had to say

pitchfork is absolutely not cool anymore. they are sellouts, trend followers, cornball crackers the lot of them. bald guy sucks too. kill music critics because they all copy off this faggot sellout conde nast affiliate

A Day With the Homies? Are you serious? That's the worst fucking title I've ever heard.

Has anyone seen or read recent interviews with him? His behavior just seems kind of strange.

53% is honestly not bad. what's really bad is all the black music from 2009 and before that they chose to ignore.

the worst part about this nigga worship going on in the "indie" press is that it's such a put on. they're total marketing whores. they go off of whatever is "trending" via social media. where as, yknow, even if they chose to largely ignore black music in the past at least they did so while writing passionately about the music they enjoyed hearing

now, you read a fucking pitchfork review of a rap album and it's like, is this person writing as themselves or are they writing what they think they are supposed to write?.

>blacks make up 12% of US
>blacks make up 53% of the best songs of the year

nothing odd about that

awh someones sad theyre not a homie

youtube.com/watch?v=FYEt-NoIYy4

dilla was one of the influences listed inside the person pitch album

shoulda been
trip advisor or something

what do you expect? rap is the dominant form of popular music in america and has been for quite some time. pitchfork is at least a decade late in recognizing this and its absolutely embarrassing. bodak yellow getting #1 track of the year is embarrassing, something they will shudder at if they're still around in 5 years. it all reeks of compromise and desperation more than it does a "racial agenda" to me. they're trying to be cool and it's just fucking EMBARRASSING

Yeah something like that would have been cool

I'd agree with this. The fact Young Thug or any mumble rap gets anything above a 1/10 is laughable.

Regardless, I have absolutely no clue what this review is going on about, as with most pitchfork reviews. It's a bunch of wordy garbage that pulls meanings from songs in such as way you'd swear the pitchfork writer was jerking off onto their keyboard as they were writing it.

If I didn't know from the beginning of the article they gave it a 6.6, I would have thought it was in the "best new music" category from the way it was written.

Having said that, I agree with the score. Flight is a really good song and the rest of the album definitely has its moments, but I expect more out of Noah. Then again, that goes for AC as a whole. They make such amazing albums that, when compared to those previous works of art, everything else seems slightly above average.

Sucks knowing we'll never get another Person Pitch again.

>muh pitchfork

Any interviews in particular

well someone recently told me Bros was written basically to Deakin and it totally makes sense.

>homies
Cringe

>of color
>they're all black

niggershit, who cares

bros was written to his bro

Does Sup Forums not like Eucalyptus? It's my aoty

yes. its coziest pw era anco stuff

It was written to his brother that was content to not do much with his life. A few google searches would lead you to that fact.