Is there anyone who actually enjoyed The OA?

Is there anyone who actually enjoyed The OA?

This show was mildly interesting up until they started that little dance bit.

Then it became pure cringe. Nothing made me cringe as hard as the dance intermission during the school shooting in the last episode.

What the FUCK were they thinking?

Has no one watched it yet?

I tried. But I was under the impression that it was maybe about her being abducted by aliens. When that turned out to be not the case, I stopped.

It was great until it wasn't.

I loved it. Mad scientists, weird experiments, the sounds of the universe. I realize it's slow, and interpretive dance is weird, but the show is enjoyable if you're into scifi and mysticism.
I think in the case of this board, the OA is literal pearls before swine. I wouldn't expect anyone here to appreciate it.

Finished it a minute ago.
It was pretty bad and I didnt have high expectations.
Well fuck it, heres hoping for no season 2 or something like that

You're insulting swine by comparing them to the board

i like for the most part, but the ending is really stupid. until then the whole dance thing was some weird ass ritual shit, but at the end it was like they summoning captain planet

This post is pure cringe.

>using "cringe" as a descriptor
Your post is pure reddit

>he has no rebuttal

The cringe intensifies.

That wasn't me, and there's nothing to rebut. You have no argument, so there's nothing to counter. You're just another meme-spewing plebian. Here is your (you)

Anyone notice the "subtle" product placements? There was one for the container store and one for Verizon. There was at least one more I can't remember right now.

We have reached peak cringe.

>Brit Marling

No thanks, after watching I origins, never ever again

As a big fan of modern dance I really enjoyed it. I have always wanted

>I origins
Never heard of that.
You're either gay or a chick.

No one watched it. Netflix tried to surprise people by dropping it out of nowhere instead of hyping it up, but it doesn't look interesting enough To get people watching.

I liked it. The dance was a little cringy, but I enjoyed it.

I hope it ends up that she was telling the truth in season 2.

I agree, the dance seemed more mystical during the scenes at the laboratory, I dunno if it was the lighting or whatever but it seemed really different in the cafeteria.

Buck is cute!

>cringe
Reddit: The Word

I think it's that 5 people who are kidnapped and experimented on are doing it alone making it all mystical, but when you're confronted with the reality of it in such a stupid scenario as a school shooting, it makes no sense. It's not like the dancing was ever portrayed as being an answer to people with guns, and yet they still do it and it doesn't even work besides distracting him.

>vagina: the post

>finally made one post without reddit buzzwords
>took him most of an hour

I watched a bit of it. Why did it appear as if they revealed the whole mystery of the girl's origins in the first episode? Is it worth watching anymore?

It is not gay to enjoy modern dancing. It is a art and anyone can watch it.

I missed Sup Forums's take on Stranger Things when that first dropped, so I'm not sure if you all liked it or took a contrarian stance for one reason or another.

OA felt like it would have really benefitted from not coming after Stranger Things, though.

>has the opportunity to rebut the vagina allegations
>fails to do so

Enjoy burning through that jumbo box of tampons.

They didn't, there's a lot more.

>Just started this
>Just finished episode 2

I really shouldn't be in this thread.

That said, I'm liking it so far. I thought it started out rough, and it still feels very "indie pretentious" in a way that's off-putting, but the plot is engaging, and whole bit with the guy studying NDEs giving Prarie a room went from inviting to super creepy to OH SHIT WE'RE FUCKED in a really masterful way that I really hope continues through the series.

First impressions, 7/10, won't drop

>I'm not sure if you all liked it or took a contrarian stance for one reason or another
You say that as though it's mutually exclusive for Sup Forums

>That said, I'm liking it so far. I thought it started out rough, and it still feels very "indie pretentious" in a way that's off-putting, but the plot is engaging, and whole bit with the guy studying NDEs giving Prarie a room went from inviting to super creepy to OH SHIT WE'RE FUCKED in a really masterful way that I really hope continues through the series.

I felt the same way after the first few episodes.

Then I watched the rest.