Expectiations?

Expectiations?

Somehow i believe that Ridley could fix all the fuss he made in Prometheus with this one.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Zv6hLkZWvzY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

of course, we expect shit after the crap he did with Prometheus, so now he can only do good.

I think Scott knows that Promotheus was a stinker and Alien: Covenant is his apology.

I love Prometheus, I hope this one is going to be great too.

Why did the release move up 2 months?

Is it good or bad?

Err....Proshiteus made NO FUCKING SENSE!!

EXPLODING HEADS!?

MAPPERS GETTING LOST!?

THE CREATION OF THE XENOMORPH APPARANTLY BEING A DELIBERATE ACT BY DAVID EVEN THOUGH THERE IS A MURAL IN THE BLACK GOO HALL

LOTS OF OTHER PISS

Yeah, this is what Lindlecock will do to your movie. What a fucking ARSE that man is. Cunt.

Perhaps I'm just a big fan of sci-fi tension-filled movies. I know what you mean about its continuity with the Alien franchise but personally I didn't mind it and I thought the story of it was really interesting, I hope the sequel comes out so all the unexplained stuff gets explained.

Apparently they're confident in it so they moved it up. Hopefully they're right to do so.

Only two months is generally nothing.

>taking the alien series serious

that's your problem, altough i love the movies.

Remember guys, it definitely wont have a directors cut dvd, no sir, the cinematic edit is the final one. No deleted scenes that are either essential or better than the cinematic cut will ever be released, so you best see it at the cinema day one.

Ridley Scott is the Capcom of cinema.

The cinamatography and pretty much everything else was spot on but fuck me, I could have wrote a more cohesive story.

Why they didnt stick with the original Alien Harvest screenplay is beyond me...

>EXPLODING HEADS!?
Resuscitating 2000 year old severed heads infected with some weird biological agent isn't exactly going to turn out well
>MAPPERS GETTING LOST!?
Fifeld didn't have the map. The map was on the ship. He just had the mapping equipment.
>THE CREATION OF THE XENOMORPH APPARANTLY BEING A DELIBERATE ACT BY DAVID EVEN THOUGH THERE IS A MURAL IN THE BLACK GOO HALL
Black goo makes xenomorphs over a number of evolutionary cycles. David fed a dude some black goo and wound up with a proto-xenomorph. You're retarded
>LOTS OF OTHER PISS
And stuff!!!1!

Alien Theatrical cut >>> Alien Director's cut

Scott himself said he was pressured to make a director's cut and that the theatrical release of the movie was already his perfect version of it.

WHER DA TRAILER AT !

RIDLEY MY NIGGA !!!

Fox will wait until the Star Wars hype is over before they release a trailer

This. They'll sit on it until fuck you it's January.

I just want some nips

Reminder that Ridley Scott is the biggest hack in Hollywood history, right after Spielberg. He only made 2 good movies: Alien and Legend.

I enjoyed Prometheus - don't understand the hate

He didn't set out to make an Alien movie like he is doing with this one. There's even more potential to go wrong now

>don't understand the hate

That's because you're an idiot.

What is Blade Runner
What is Gladiator
What is Hannibal

etc etc

Strong argument

>not photoshopping the red text to "reply to this post or your mother dies in her sleep tonight"

rookie mistake

i hope to see more of fassbender's beautiful face but not that kind in prometeus where he looked strange like human doll

1. Solid, not good.
2. Solid, not good.
3. Shit.

Reminder that if you didn't get Prometheus, you should honestly shut the fuck up.

youtube.com/watch?v=Zv6hLkZWvzY

Anyone got theories about this movie's result?

>David will be instrumental in the creation of the xenos we see in the original aliens (the mechanical look to them). I don't think he'll be infected with black goo, but his biomechanical appearance will be a factor.

that's not the problem with the film, it was just bad.

I thought Prometheus was his best directed movie in decades and the only thing really dragging it down was the abysmal script

so yeah I have high hopes for this one, hopefully we'll get a third Alien movie worth a damn

THIS COMES OUT IN 5 MONTHS AND WE STILL HAVE NO TEASER TRAILER?

That's what I'm wondering

To be fair, as of a few weeks ago it was coming out in 8 months.

Trailer is coming either the 26th or 27th.

>mentalgymnastics.png

I just wish he never fucking deleted those deleted scenes.

>it was for the ambiguous mystery
Kek, yeah right, it ended up creating retarded plotholes and giving us the inferior versions of certain scenes.

You were wrong, you were so wrong

It's gonna suck. I'm gonna watch it. Let's just get it over with.

It's the fault of the writers that "Prometheus" was shit.

What a salty pleb.

>forgetting The Duellists

You forgot The Martian.

>character vows he'll have to "science the shit out of this"
>uses science to turn his colleagues' feces into fertilizer for his space taters

Bravo, Ridley.

>James Franco
>Danny McBride

Is this a comedy?

Franco dies offscreen in the first 10 minutes

McBride has gone on record saying that "there is no comic relief"

>fuss he made in Prometheus
A handful of autists on the internet he think they're RLM spamming 'an AXE in SPACE! Fuck me the man's gone SENILE KEK!' isn't a fuss. I liked it and so did everyone I've spoken to irl about it.

It'll be shit. Just listen to Ridley's commentary on Prometheus. He thinks he's a genius and anyone who disagrees with him is a shit head which means he learned nothing from Prometheus.

>autism_speaks.jpg

BLUNDER OF THE CENTURY

RIDLEY IS FINISHED

It'll be released as "Prometheuses", and it will be about space marines fighting the Engineers on their home planet.

Source: my ass

The source is the "Sagardoa" IMDB leak from someone who saw a the October test screening. It was corroborated by the guy who runs AVPGalaxy, who is well-connected and broke the story that Franco had a small role in the movie in the first place

Saw a rough cut of this recently, AMA

If Covenant just has tired old black Xenomorphs with their tired screaching,,, and boring predictable behavior. I want something new damnit. The Deacon was a start... and the giant facehugger was freaky. I want more of that. I want more weird bio weapons. Not Xenomorphs. bleh. The poster is stupid too. Alien showing its teeth. Oooo scary. ptttttt.

Is it a piece of shit?

THIS WAS SUPPOSED TO BE ABOUT THE ENGINEERS' HOME PLANET WHY DON'T YOU FUCKS NEVER MENTION THIS REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I liked it more than Prometheus, but it did have some issues

Who is the protag?

Main character is Katherine Waterston's Daniels but Billy Crudup, Danny McBride, and both androids get good screen time[/spoiler[

Did you like it? Was it scary? How is it as an Alien movie, and how is it as a Prometheus sequel?

What is Shaw's (Noomi Rapace) role in the movie?

How are the neomorphs different from regular ol' aliens? I head they have a "new trick?"

Are there any cool new monsters?

How's the score?

Did it seem as if Ridley learned from Prometheus or does it have the same problems?

The neo-morph rapes human to produce stronger species

Prometheus was [good]spoiler[/good] desu.

I liked it fine, it was pretty spooky/intense when they first arrive on the Engineer planet and the ending sequence. As a Prometheus sequel, people might get upset. They explain what happened to the Engineers and the mummified corpses you see in set pics but there's not too much followed up on apart from the setting and black goo stuff.

Shaw is only in flashbacks when David finds the Covenant crew on the planet. She's dead before the movie begins and she sent the beacon the Covenant ship tracks to the planet.

The Neomorphs are spooky and burst out of a guys back and another ones throat. They run on all fours at first then stand upright later on. They also have fang teeth and two spike things on their back they can shoot.

They can spray spores onto your skin that results in the incubation of xenomorph embryos. Imagine like baby frogs sprouting from the back of the mother.

>Nope.jpg

This basically, he offered the "director's cut" as a fun alternate version of the movie, nothing more, certainly not the definitive version.

I guess the only new monsters are the Neomorphs and some wildlife that has changed due to black goo exposure.

Score in the rough cut was the original Alien 1979 score, they said the OST wasn't done.

Sort of, he plays it straight this time as an Alien film. Though some of the characters are generic like Prometheus.

ill wait for the hi res rip
fool me once

What's the engineer planet like?

Is it still populated?

Engineer planet is not populated by anyone except David. It's pretty much Earth-like but with crazy storms. You get to see the Engineer citadel and the city left behind.

What wildlifes? Did black goo get sent back to earth?

Would you say the characterization is comparable to the first Alien?

Cool

No, it's the wildlife on the Engineer home world called Paradise. They are spores that send out an airborne version of the black goo basically when triggered. Those cause the Neomorphs.

Nice b8, princess

This was so fucking cringy to read. I feel embarrassed for you

I wish I could. Honestly, there are only a couple characters I really liked but the whole cast wasn't memorable like Alien. Walter is great, Danny McBride's character Tennesse was cool, and Daniels.

How's it look budget wise?

Doesn't seem like it's too big, somewhere around 120-150.

>Danny McBride
DROPPED

Danny McBride is a decent actor though even if he's holed up with shitty Seth Rogen movies

Prometheus was kino

Hoping for the best but I know that it'll probably suck, dammit.

Honestly, I'd rather get Neil Blomkamp's Alien movie.

Do we get to see any xeno-fied animals?

I'm fine with only having a few strong characters since everything else sounds cool. How is Daniels?

How recently did you see it?

Is David straight-up villainous now?

This is excellent, thank you.

How does the girl from Prometheus die

>the lore from the videogames and books was literally better than this shit but it was destroyed for Prometheus and whatever garbage comes next

just ugh

danny mcbride has shown some pretty solid acting chops in eastbound

Was that cancelled cause of this? haven't heard about it

she gets bored and programs david to fuck her brains out and he literally does.

Does it share a similar atmosphere to the original film? Is it more horror? Etc

How was the ending? Does it set up for another sequel or is it sort of definitive?

Is Katherine Waterston's Daniels badass?

I think it's been put on hold until Ridley Scott's new trilogy is done or something like that. Just check Wikipedia.

Meant for

Not that I remember, maybe a fly or something.

Daniels is good, she reminds me of Ripley in the first Alien. Similar arc.

Saw it very recently, post reshoots from what I'm told.

David is a straight up villain yes. He's got a creepy shop of horrors underneath the Engineer citadel set up that you can see in pics I've posted in thread. Brownish looking room with failed experiments. Basically he fucks over the Covenant crew when he finds them so he can use them for Xeno experiments. Also he doesn't like Walter.

it's happening before Covenant 2. It's the only non-Avatar film Sigourney has in the next 6 years

So what's David's role in this? He accosts the people who get the distress beacon? In the time between Prometheus and Covenant, the planet blooms or something? Or is it a different planet?

Does David become some sort of Neomorph king since they cant infect him?

wtf i thought they hate each other? why do they hunt each other in the movie then?