Stop this

Stop this.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unblack_metal
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

No

nah

But there are more words for electronic dance music than rock.

electronic != dance music

Objectively inaccurate, but yes there are a lot of bleep subgenres. Still not as many as rock and its related genres.

Yeah I love those /techno/, /EAI/ and /breakcore/ generals. Oh wait its just rock that has all the generals for strumming at different speeds.

Why are rocktards so autistic?

Half of these are either non-genres of not rock.

*or

Name 3

''unblack metal''

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unblack_metal

Unblack metal (or Christian black metal) is a genre of heavy metal music that is stylistically close to the sound of black metal, but whose artists are either directly against the Satanism prevalent in black metal, or promote Christianity in their lyrics and imagery.[1]

>what is baroque, romantic, modern classical, impressionism, third stream, neoclassical
>what is bebop, hard bop, free jazz, modal jazz, cool jazz, ragtime, swing, vocal jazz, jazz fusion
duhhhh thinking time...

Link me /generals/ for those. Live and active or in the archive from this year real quick.

If Sup Forums was around in the 1950s there would be. Unfortunately it's 2017. Keep revising history and implying there wasn't as much genre division and elitism in jazz and classical as there is in rock now though.

2018 != rock

oh the fucking irony

You're the one who put rock in the OP post, not me bud.

FUCK ROCK and FUCK WYPIPO

>french fries
>mashed potatoes
>chips

Next time your mom asks what you want for dinner, just say "potato," she'll know what you mean.

My mom hasn't cooked me dinner since I was 14 years old.

I must have missed when analogies became fallacious.

not trying to defend rock here but that just means it's easier to describe a specific sound
electronic is pretty close to where rock is
all generes should have plentiful sub-genres to describe exact types of sound imo

This is because there are simply more rock fans on this board than there are fans of other genres

stupid, lyrical content is irrelevant to genre classification.

I separate "Jazz" and "Jazz Fusion" in my library if it make you feel better

>not trying to defend rock here but that just means it's easier to describe a specific sound

lmao, it actually means that this board isn't familiar enough with other genre's to use any terms outside umbrella terms like "classical" and "electronic".

Why are bleeptards so fucking insufferable? Is it a lifetime of no love and no friends that does it?

It's the same guy behind all these threads. Same images, same replies, word for word. At least a few times every week.

recommend me some Italian Occult Psychedelia, i'm Italian and i never hard of this genre, but the name seem interesting

>Hard Rock
>Heavy Metal
>Heavy Rock
>Grunge
>Punk Rock
>Britpop
Can someone tell me the difference please? Like where do you draw the line between the two? I've listened to so called ''early metal'' albums and they sound like Nirvanna, and Nirvanna sounds like the so called punk genre.

I think it's just a made up genre created for this meme. Like the despair code on that conspiracy theory meme.

i agree

it has an English Wikipedia page (but not an Italian one).all the band listed are from the last decade and i will check out some of them.

Britpop and Grunge is basically Alternative(a.k.a modern) rock shit.
Heavy Rock, Heavy Metal and Hard Rock are basically the same thing, it's just that later heavy metal bands playing a slightly faster sound than earlier ones which many nerds called Speed Metal.
Pun Rock doesn't fucking exist, it used to be called "garage" rock (shitty recorded rock) before the shitty british boyband made it a fad. Bands like Wipers and Minutemen are more "alternative" than the derivative reharshed rock n roll the Pistols made popular but they get mixed together into the trend because of the time they put out their stuff.

There are rarely generals for rock subgenres tho, I think only /metal/ gets daily threads.

Ok, I kind of get what you mean, but the alternative label seems to confuse me. I could hear a 90s rock song that sounds like the Rolling Stones even though Stones aren't alternative. REM (alternative group) sounds like Mr Tambourine Man/Ticket to ride, even though both those songs wouldn't be classed as alternative

The Alternative is just what I said above, essentially modern rock music and same goes for indie. It's either hard/punky rock sound (rarely these days) or straight up pop rock copies of beatles and beach boys, sometimes hidden in reverb.
It's more of an advertisement label which tries to appeal to the cool kids.