Go in expecting another generic Disney chinese exploitation film to fill in time between the next major episode

>go in expecting another generic Disney chinese exploitation film to fill in time between the next major episode
>much larger focus on the galactic conflict
>protagonist isn't a Mary Sue
>no light saber wankery
>old ships and Stormtroopers still look great on screen
>new ships and Stormtroopers actually look good instead of just being black with a logo on them
>genuinely dark ending for a blockbuster
>it's actually better than The Force Awakens

Holy fuck, this is so good that I'm not even sure if I want to see Episode 8. Anyone else really liked it?

Why did they assemble the dish separately and then put it in place?

Wouldn't it make more sense to build it on-site?

Oh fuck off its shit and you know it.

>we're on this planet
>no we're here
>fuck these characters next action scene go go go
>look its leading into this much better movie!
>buy toys
>buy toys
>you can buy a safe space and sit with other people in our safe space and then go safe space toys!

Kill yourself you're everything that's wrong with cinema today you fucking normie.

I bet you like marvel movies too you cunt

I unironically agree. It's a real Star Wars movie for Star Wars fans while JJ's film is a cash grab flick that goes "DUDE REMEMBER THIS THING? ITS LIKE THAT BUT DIFFERENT" over and over again.

>Anyone else really liked it?

Yeah loved it, honestly I think its superior to E7 in almost every way whilst making E4 a better movie.

It actually got me more hyped for whats to come from the standalones now.

>had a much darker version of the movie that might have been good
>test audience
>neatured it

enjoy your safe space made for tv children piece of shit movie

Oh boy! Another Star Wars thread! I sure am glad that 60% of the board needs to be dedicated to fat manbabies expressing their idiotic opinions on a garbage movie made for children!

No its not good because this is part from one of the dullest franchises in the history of movie franchises? Seriously each episode following a bunch of magical space wizards has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the space setting, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make space seem less stellar, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast as soon as Lucas conceived the series; he made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody, just a ridiculously profitable franchise of schlock and awe. The Star Wars series might be anti-male (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-Interstellar in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the story was good though
"No!"
The story was dreadful. Every time they need something to happen, they just have an older character mutter to a younger character "use the force."

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. The Star Wars series is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that it knows nothing else. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Star Wars by Steven Spielberg. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are watching Star Wars at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to watch Steven Spielberg." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you watch "Star Wars" you are, in fact, trained to watch Steven Spielberg.

The test audience saved this film. Watch the original trailer again.

>"I rebel"
>Running on the beach with the deathstar plans
>TIE Fighter attacks her on the dish
>Black guy is bald and not screwed up.

I heard Vader was supposed to kill them one by one or something like that. Reshoots made it better and their sacrifice a little more meaningful.

Most of my time on Sup Forums is spent shitposting about Tarkovsky and Bergman, just be glad it's not capeshit you faggot.

Because super laser was a secret weapon of mass destruction?

It was a total borefest until the last 10 minutes.

Star Wars basically is capeshit you stupid nigger

why are there 10 different threads where the OP is like "wow this movie is really good anyone agree with me".

Pretending to like Tarkovsky so you can legitimize your shit opinion on Star wars is bad taste

(>)

>implying I haven't had my fair share of masturbation over his 7 core films
>implying I'm not even finishing an essay on Zerkalo right fucking now

>vader kill them one by one
I wish that stayed in. Vader's slaughtering at the end of the movie was the best part, and was the most powerful and menacing he has ever looked on screen.

Yeah, I came out liking it too.

Bergman is fucking shit you pleb faggot

Oh fuck off you fat neckbeard. I agree with OP. Wasn't the best movie, but still pleasantly unexpected and enjoyable and refreshingly different (except for the cringe bits where she gave those hero speeches).

It was shit just like TFA.

I've seen it twice now and it was better the second time around. The actual problems with the film are the pacing and the very thin characters. On a second viewing the pacing is less jarring because you know what to expect and the characters while thin are enjoyable enough, which considering the track record for all of Star Wars I'll take thin characters over ones that actively annoy me. The production design and aesthetic are perfect it felt like old school Star Wars and if nothing else I hope future movies look like this.

Overall it's one of my top 4 Star Wars movies, they all have flaws, the flaws in this one didn't bother me as much as they bothered other people.

I'll be alongside my son for years to come as we watch endlress amounts of capeshit films together by Marvel and Disney and have the time of our lives as you die alone within the next decade from either an STD or cancer.

Don't need to praise kek for either of those scenarios to happen, m8. ;)

Now go back to your little corner and cry yourself to sleep while watching a Gaspar Noé movie thinking it makes you edgy.

I hope we get to see the deleted cuts at one point. I want to know what did we miss.

>protagonist isn't a Mary Sue

This is Disney we're talking about. It'll be in 15 years when the release the ultra special edition.

I guess this is the main shill thread?

Honestly if it wasn't looked down on as weird I would be splurging money on Lego Star Wars kits.

>genuinely dark ending for a blockbuster
No, they still fail, because nobody gives a fuck about the characters who die

Why does everyone tell each other to how I can quote this, "kill yourself?"

How about we from now on say, "love yourself." I don't care how gay that sounds, the more times you say that, the nicer this entire thread looks.

Now if you don't mind, I'm gonna get the fuck outta here before shit gets real.

It was shit though, now fuck off shill we're all passing on this flick because of you

...black storm troopers..

called death troopers because they finally manage to hit sht.

coo ships brah.. have fun pointing them out for all of two seconds.

Finally a holiday in the Bahamas!

..the main protag is inspiring.. its inspirational.. my argument is... inspirational.

also you just managed to fk up the only family i have left.. yay.. il forget that in a second.. because holomessage.

sorry did i mention ships? i must jave missed that.. have a generic cargo carrier instead..

although thats hella missed merch.

dark ending.. all those family favourites will be missed.

the force awakens?

>the film adaptation of the game based on the graphic novel?

fammit OP!! i aint evem from Sup Forums

>he posted it AGAIN
i hope this is a bot

I wonder how much shills on Sup Forums get paid

That's literally not weird

sshiiieeeet

>90% liked it

Obviously 90% of the planet are Disney paid shills.

That wasn't an answer you fucking hook nosed kike

>90% of the planet
>movie barely made back it's marketing budget
Someone's triggered.

I'm 25 famm collecting toys is creep-tier

i aint evem mad senpai!!

im ok honestly.

Really makes me think tbf

It isn't though. Compare her to Rey and you'll see that it is true. Even without counting Force shit.

Not true, I gave a fuck about snoop Dog getting blown up by the grenade :(

>Compare this hollow shell of a character who does nothing wrong the entire movie and dies to this literal definition of mary sue disney princess who does nothing wrong, can never be beaten, is better than everyone and survives
You know... Just because a serial killer only kills 3 people before getting caught it doesn't make him any less of a serial killer than someone who kills 6.

Dude cmon, make up your own shit

it's a joke you autist

They didn't even get Vader's voice right!

This is a memecore fan film with a big budget.

really? blown up my a grenade that didnt evem get chucked?

...right after he says the force is with him and he is one with the force?

...yeah you aint in no sequal..

maybe they dont have budget for machine gun/shotgun lazer weapoms.

LITERALLY the cutest SW girl.

This is fact, not an opinion.

If everyone one Rogue one died, then how come Rogue one still exists in A new hope shortly after?

Makes no sense.

no, no it's not.

>yeah im puytin on an accen mothaflipper.

...its the pilot right? excellent impressiom.

>dem ships

I meant the nigger pilot who linked the communication cable, not the chink.

although he got blown up too!!

even the droid got blown up!!

...the droid got shot but you understand what im sayin senpai.

the killed the fkin droid mayn!

...he was the most complex character in the film!

he slapped a guy man.

and then makes jokes.

....why you makin jokes for man? is this sht not serious for you?

why you slap the dude for man? if you just makin jokes.

It has some shitty lines, the robot's joke are never funny, and the first 15 minutes can't stop jerking itself off over how many "cool and exotic" planets they show off. But overall, I had a good time. Not every movie is either 100% absolute kino, or 100% total dogshit; there is a spectrum and the fucking faggots on this board are too autistic to realize that they, and Rogue One, are on it.

...did you just make a reference to the autistic spectrum chief?

o_0

>said the fucking faggot on this board
:^)
It's a good thing you're non conformist and better than everyone else though.

> who does nothing wrong
He had to have her ass saved by Cassian in the last moment. Nobody trusted her when she said her father was on their side and despite her motivational speech some people of the council and thus Mothma said nay to her initial plan.
At least it is stated that Saw Guerrera, you know a fucking war hero, trained her. Rey only misses one shot after being handled her blaster.

*She

At least we can be fags together. Fags who disagree about how good a movie was, but fags nonetheless, right?

>Trained by a war hero
>Doesn't want to join the rebel alliance because "muh pain"
>has been out of contact with him since he rescued her and is only being brought in as a ploy to put the alliance in touch with the "war hero"

In a de months when the dust settles this movie will be praised by Sup Forums because it isn't universally loved by normies, it doesn't have a Mary Sue main character, and it portrays the empire and rebels in shades of grey.

Right now it's just too much fun to talk shit.

Eh, I liked it all things considered.
But I also like to vent on Sup Forums about the things in the movie I dislike so I can feel mildly justified in my own opinion instead of just parroting shit I read in "ebin-geeks" weekly magazine.

>it portrays the empire and rebels in shades of grey.

it would've been like this if the dude had actually killed her father

wasted potential desu, the whole convo afterwards made no sense because of this

9/11 was an inside job.

...because jet fuel cant melt steel beams.

>the film.

Was anyone else suprised when Captain Cassian straight up murdered the informant at the beginning of the movie? I thought he had a nice character arc, killing for the rebellion, and then dying for it. Also I loved how he didn't let Jyn get away with her smack talk after the Eadu scene.

>I've been in this fight since I was six years old
>You're not the only one who lost everything, some of us just decided to do something about it.

>have a full body armour
>get rekt by a stick
also that seconds with r2d2 a c3po, just why did they have to put it there

That dialogue was very predictable.
I found myself thinking "I don't have to" before he even said it.
But yeah, that was one of the better parts about the movie. Actual greytones to the characters. Even though the fucked it up by shoehorning in "le stronk female" for no reason.
Now imagine this movie with her gone and cassian as the son of Galen.

>> Rocky first and second acts, with some weird editing choices probably brought about by the reshoots

>> Absolutely self-indulgent, kickass third act that made my inner 10 year old remember all those times I got my SW toys out with my brother and had elaborate battles in the backyard

>> Proustian flashbacks to playing the Tie Fighter/X-wing and Rogue Squadron games

>> Kind of a wonky attempt at some old canon cameos (R2 & 3PO, Ponda Baba and Dr. Evazan) and nods at times, but felt like R1 did a better job respecting the old canon than TFA did

>> Nods to "Rebels," which I enjoyed

>>Absolutely flat performance and writing for Jyn Erso. Enjoyed Luna, Yen and Wen's performances.

>> Sensible chuckles for Tudyk as K2SO

>> Breakout character was Admiral "Winston Churchhill" Raddus, because fuck those whiny liberal cunts in the council, I'm ramming my big fishdick of a battlecruiser into that fucking planetpussy

For me, this movie was an entirely by the numbers thing, and suffers a lot of problems from a combination of Disney executive meddling and director Edwards not being able to direct human beings.

But the final battle is everything I've ever wanted from a Star Wars movie since I read the old EU books as a kid. I'm satisfied that I finally have it.

Now I just need them to reboot TIE Fighter as a decent sim game and I'll be set.

yeah that was nice indeed
i loved the scene where Krennic looked up at the death star, the purpose of his whole life, preparing to kill him, having no hope. That was deep

>has been out of contact with him since he rescued her
Have you watched the same movie, she explicitelly says that he left her when she was 16. And by then he had trained her enough to fight well.

>and is only being brought in as a ploy to put the alliance in touch with the "war hero"
Not sure why the quotations, Saw Guerrera was a hero of the Clone Wars. Is like saying that Ben isn't a war hero because he is hiding, ignoring completely that he was the one who killed Grievous.
The alliance didn't want conflict with a man that didn't want anything to do with the rebels because his methods were different. He even thinks they are conspiring against his life.

It's a Star Wars trope to have those droids in every film. Probably the only thing preventing them from making an old republic movie

MEMBER C3PO?

haha, nice
oh i member

>DUDE REMEMBER THIS THING? ITS LIKE THAT BUT DIFFERENT
but they did do that. Literally Cameo city with background characters.
>HEY REMEMBER THAT GUY FROM MOS EISLEY THAT THREATENED LOOK HAHA THERE HE IS
>HEY REMEMBER THAT SILVER DROID THATS IN THE SANDCRAWLER HAHA THERE HE IS
>DUDE ITS WEDGE HAHAHA THIS IS GREAT
>WOW VIDEO GAME TARKIN! DOES IT HAVE DLC? OH SHIT VIDEO GAME LEIA HAAHA THIS IS GOTY
>OH SHIT WAS THAT C3PO AND R2D2? THIS IS THE BEST
>WOW IS THAT CHOPPER, THE DROID FROM OUR HIT NEW ANIMATED SERIES STAR WARS™: REBELS™!? THIS MOVIE HAS IT ALL!

Fuck off, this movie was shit. The only reason why people liked it is because the 2 mins of Darth Vader in that hallway made people leaving the theater with their dick hard. This movie fucking sucks

>> Hated the movie
>> Too much of a betacuck to demand his money back
>>Translates his impotency into ranting about cameos and lore nods in a children's movie on a Siamese Basket-weaving message board

And the cycle continues....

When they first land on Scarif there's only like 20 people and they get reinforced with maybe another 10-15 soldiers yet there were like 60 rebel deaths on screen on the ground in the battle on Scarif

what a hack

That was amazing. A great ironic death for the villain.

It could've been good, but it was so goddamn rushed.

No time to get to know the characters, no time to get invested in the story, no time at all, gotta rush to the ending, gotta go fast.

Should've been two movies.

did you have problem with Luke occuring in the episode V as well? can you trace that this is the Star wars series?
The main parts of the movie were based on original content, r2d2c3po was a flaw but it was not the core unlike in episode VII

Yeah, no, you're just autistic

i liked it, thats what you get when you let a director and not an oven dodger cancerous kike to direct a film.

i wish jj the worst.

lets hope the disney plebs realise how to coninue with the rest of the franchise.

>Sup Forums hates marvel quips
>entirety of rouge 1 was quips the whole purpose of the imperial robot was to be a quipmaster

fuckin hate this board

Nobody liked that fucking droid

I swear people who dislike this movie either haven't watched it or say so to seem like they have a superior taste in movies

>implying they all died
>implying they aren't going to show up in newer films

I have a problem with shoehorned cameos that serve nothing to the plot and brings the movie to a complete stop just to showcase some assholes I remember from the original movies.

On a board where your kino-penis length is the only thing that matters, Anons will battle it out to exaggerate the size of said kino-penises....

only good part was the last 20 minutes when they all die and vader killing a bunch of hot potato rebels

did you think this was good bait when you posted it? Honestly now.

>he thinks star wars was originally for adults

user, I...

I only wanted to see it for the droid but everyone says that he is the worst character

>yfw you can't name a single character outside of gin

>boyhood in God tier

this pasta was stale right out of the pot

Anyone else did like the Vader scenes? They were like the perfect mix between being fan service and yet blending into the imperial action as the higher command.

Also, was that one of the clone tanks from Revenge of the Sith in the beginning being used for prisoner transport?

The original Star Wars was for all ages, the prequels were for children with the exception of the knee-jerk dark tone of RotS.

lol virgin