Has there ever been a more irrelevant "best player" in sport than this guy? When he went down...

Has there ever been a more irrelevant "best player" in sport than this guy? When he went down, everyone literally forgot about him, even the fans of the sport. His team didn't even miss him much.

What is even the point of this guy? He only appeals to the "play the right way" old white men and fangraphs nerds.

His face and the way he acts is the generic "nice guy who you'd let date your daughter" type.

Another October with no Mike Trout. What a loser. Will we ever see this meme again in the playoffs?

I was about to ponder about your point but then I noticed the redditspacing so I'll just leave here that Trout is the best in MLB right now, and that you have to go back.

It's astounding how fast Aaron Judge blew past everyone else to be the most famous baseball player. I guess it helps a lot to play for the Yankees.

He's no longer the best player. He's turned into a slap hitting singles hitter.

> Trout is the best in MLB right now

What did he mean by this?

probably exactly what he said

>All this Least Coast bias

Trout is super good but he doesn't seem to have a marketable personality and his team never goes anywhere. If he just wants to get paid and never play October baseball he's set, otherwise it's such a waste of potential.

BRUCE

He has respect for the game. He loves playing baseball. I blame the entire Angels organization for not building a team around him. Fucking Eppler not making bold moves to getting the right players.

JJ Watt and it's not even close.

>His face and the way he acts is the generic "nice guy who you'd let date your daughter" type.
I'm not even a Trout fan but is everyone who isn't a 50 IQ negroid constantly involved in some scandal and trash talking just "uninteresting" to you? That evil subhuman Muhammad Ali has ruined sports, nobody actually gives a fuck about the game itself, all that matters is how much shit and banter you can talk.

lol, no

Aaron Judge's personality is just as if not more boring, just plays in New York. He's also a fluke though so I guess it doesn't really matter. When Harper goes to New York baseball will have the hero it needs

>Daniel "play the right way" Murphy

>In March 2015, Major League Ambassador for Inclusion Billy Bean visited the Mets spring training clubhouse. Murphy made controversial comments,[40][41] when he remarked on Bean, who is gay, "I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual. That doesn’t mean I can’t still invest in him and get to know him" and "you can still accept them but I do disagree with the lifestyle, 100%."[42] The next day Bean responded in an article on MLB.com, "I appreciate that Daniel spoke his truth. I really do. I was visiting his team, and a reporter asked his opinion about me. He was brave to share his feelings, and it made me want to work harder and be a better example that someday might allow him to view things from my perspective, if only for just a moment."[43] Murphy announced the same day he would no longer talk to the media about his religious beliefs, and said he would "stick to baseball." [44]

Can you imagine such an exchange between football or basketball figures? Or even in the media or politics?
This level of fucking CIVILITY is astounding
anyone who doubts that baseball is America's sport, game, and pastime needs to reevaluate their life

baseball is a team sport, it doesn't matter who the best player is unless he's on an already phenomenal team and can put them over the edge into dynasty status.

Some of the best players in the history of baseball have been incredibly boring. Honus Wagner, Walter Johnson, Hank Aaron, Roberto Clemente. If Trout keeps up the level of production he has so far in his career in another 4 or 5 seasons everyone is going to be talking about him all the time as he sets a pace to break a whole lot of records.

1. Trout has more hits prior to turning 25 than Pete Rose, the all-time hits leader (4,256), did.

2. He has more home runs prior to turning 25 than Barry Bonds, the all-time HR leader (762), did.

3. He has more runs prior to turning 25 than Rickey Henderson, the all-time runs leader (2,295), did.

4. He has more total bases prior to turning 25 than Hank Aaron, the all-time total bases leader (6,856), did.

What a loser

Aaron K Judge is already JUST status. His first half of the season was an obvious fluke and he's crashing back down to earth right now.

Who's the cricket version of aaron judge?

Literally who

this guy