I cringed.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ttPwA8hitoY
youtube.com/watch?v=7q2Hy2PduCE
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pulmonary_aspiration
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>I've never paid attention to any of Vader's dialogue in the OT

ftfy kid

>The leak came from your staff commander Krennic, I suggest you interrogate all the scientists and find the rogue one

ARE YOU KIDDING ME WITH THIS SHIT

Name one time in the OT vader made a pun

>Do you feel in..... control?

This was a TDKR reference right?

Absolutely disgusting

I find your lack of faith disturbing.

>We would be honored if you would join us
[for dinner]

>I find your lack of faith disturbing
You can argue this one he was being literal if you're hellbent on being autistic.

That's not a quip...that's dialogue

he's always been smug

youtube.com/watch?v=ttPwA8hitoY

Don't CHOKE on your aspirations is Arnold Schwarzenegger tier kind of pun. It doesn't fit with the tone the movie is going for. Its like if he threw a lightsaber at a rebel and stuck him to the wall and said "STICK around". Shit is goofy.

I hate darth vader, I don't understand why such shit character stuck, even his design is sub par to fucking stormtroopers

literally not puns

>because I said so

Great line. GREAT line. Generations hundreds of years from now will remember this as an iconic Star Wars line. Great line. You're too stuck in the moment.

You don't know what a pun is clearly

Do CHOKE on my dick, fagboy.

What was wrong with Vader's voice? Is James Earl Jones getting too old for it?

Those are not puns retard

Relax, it's just a CHOKE

not him but how are those puns? a pun requires a double entendre.

>because I said so

>Is James Earl Jones getting too old for it?
He's 85, user.

He's getting too old for life.

What the fuck faggot? Here you go

This is bait

He literally should have just said

'Do you feel in control?' while forcechoking Krennic after Krennic asks if he's still in control

>join us for [dinner] [conversation]
>lack of faith [expression] [literally]

All too easy.

Even though I am supposed to hate that line I simply couldn't.

Vader jumping out of his bacta shower just to go chat a bit with Krennick and then Krennick fidgeting and whining required Vader to slap him around a bit. And they actually managed to make Vader properly menacing in both that scene and the final one. It was adequately conveyed that he is to be feared and cowered before.

You can tell Krennick is nothing to him and the rebels he mows down in the end are even less than that.

>Don't Force™ me to Choke® you on your Aspirations©

This was the worst line in the franchise. Puns are literally redit. Unforgivable.

>not 'do you feel in charge?'

you had one job

Um...what? Lol...

Saying "join us for dinner", while actually meaning a "conversation with food present", isn't a pun, it's just a slightly more colorful way of presenting the invitation.

And "lack of faith" is an expression based on a literal fact, not a pun...

Why are you supposed to hate that line...?

Stop thinking that whenever you see some user make a post on Sup Forums that seems like it should ring true, that it is true.

Can't tell if retarded or baiting.
Good job?

I bet Disney paid him gazillion million dollars to record shit ton of words. When he dies they can still use his voice because they have a huge library of him just saying shit.

He never did. But is it really such a far cry from "Apology accepted Captain Needa" after he finished choking him to death?

That's not a pun, but I'd argue it's a worse joke.

Because they had plenty of time to come up with a better one and it's not particularly good.
Classic Vader had better banter in him.
The delivery and the atmosphere of the exchange saves it.

>And "lack of faith" is an expression based on a literal fact,
so when someone says they have a lack of faith in you they're speaking religiously. wew lad

I don't get the issue here. Vader actually made a solid pun. How is that a bad thing? It's not like he's Mr. Freeze telling everyone to COOL DOWN!

Even with this line, final scene Vader was amazing. We never see him to shit up like that in the OT

at least it was better than anything redditbot said

[Spoiler]CHOKE[/spoiler] to meet you

Except Vader was speaking religiously/literally. Therefore, nowhere near being a pun.

It took me out of the movie with how jarringly shit that pun is. It is on par with Mr. Freeze puns.

I can sorta accept it because the whole point of his character is that there's still a man under all the cybernetics and hatred. Sorta. I still grimaced when he said it.

Theres no need for that. James Earl Jones has a simple voice to imitate. Plus Rogue 1 Vader's voice lacked any bit of oomph, probably because the nigger is so old already.

I unironically liked it, but I like puns in general.

He did it all the time in the originals

>murders subordinate
>"Apology accepted, captain..."

Quipping a sentence with "Aspiration" would have been fine on it own. But "choke" was far too on the nose. I agree, the pun was shit and out of place.

>...needa

ftfy

>because i said so

DUDE IT'S CLEVER BECAUSE HE TOLD HIM NOT TO CHOKE AS HE WAS CHOKING HIM LOL
>"WHY ARE YOU CHOKING YOURSELF? WHY ARE YOU CHOKING YOURSELF?"

DUDE REMINDS ME OF THE TIME IN THE ORIGINAL WHEN A POMPOUS IMPERIAL GENERAL GOT CARRIED AWAY WITH PRIDE AT THE TECHNOLOGICAL ADVANCES INVOLVED IN CREATING A BATTLESTATION CAPABLE OF DESTROYING A PLANET AND IN DOING SO DERIDED VADER IN FRONT OF HIS FELLOW OFFICERS ACCUSING HIM OF BEING AN INCAPABLE FRAUD ONLY KEPT IN THE IMPERIAL RANKS BY PERPETUATING THE APPEARANCE OF AN ALOOF SORCERER WITH NO EVIDENCE TO SUPPORT THE RESPECT HE WAS BEING AFFORDED AND THEN VADER SHOWED HIM IN RETALIATION UP BY CUTTING HIM SHORT WITH AN IMMEDIATE IMPACTFUL PHYSICAL DEMONSTRATION AND THREATENINGLY REMARKING ON THE GENERAL'S LACK OF BELIEF IN HIS ABILITY TO USE THE FORCE AND RETRIEVE THE STOLEN PLANS BUT I NEVER REALLY UNDERSTOOD THE LINE OR THE CONTEXT
DUDE HE SHOULD HAVE SAID
>"CHOKING on your words, General?"
BECAUSE HE WAS CHOKING HIM LMAO

>how jarringly shit that pun is.

Vader could have said the same line without actually choking Krennic and it would have made sense. How does that not constitute a solid pun?

Yeah he just normally had better jokes. I was expecting a joke about the captain's dumbass desire to be in charge of a project that vader clearly thought was a horrible idea doomed to failure. Not a joke about how he just choked him.

I don't know why this comment is being downvoted. Puns are great ^_^

shit b8 m8

youtube.com/watch?v=7q2Hy2PduCE

edit: wow thanks for the gold!

You're making an alright point, but it physically hurt me to read that tidal wave of triggered feelings.

He literally always was a quip machine.

I wish the movie made any fucking sense or had a script

why are we even arguing about vader? He was the only good thing about the movie.

My whole theater laughed at that line, and I know that's exactly what Disney was going for.

I fucking hate the movie so much

not a pun and not from the OT

>I fucking hate the movie so much

That might be the quippiest quip he's ever quipped.

Vader has always been snarky, but that line was a bit too much.

I dont drink Mountain Dew you faggot, nice projecting

I kek'd

Okay let me re-elaborate. Serious scene is happening. Darth Vader is intimidating with his presence. Chokes Krennic. Makes a fucking Pun. Ruins entire scene. Yes the pun was solid for being what it is, but the fact it was placed in there was outputting and it wasn't needed. He could have said anything else that wasn't a pun and it would have been fine.

He was landing a ship that was on fire and was coming in too fast for his landing.

The pun Vader makes in Rogue One was a reference to Revenge of the Sith. Vader was still making puns after RotS. He didn't stop until Episode IV.

The pun is not the problem, it's that he used the word "choke" while actually choking the guy, which is lazy writing.

Even something generic like "Keep your aspirations in check, Director" while casually strutting away and lightly choking Krennic would've been fine, no pun needed at all.

I laughed because it was dumb. Why can't Reddit get off Disney's dick and admit this line was Mr. Freeze tier?

>Yes the pun was solid for being what it is

Exactly. So your problem isn't that it's a bad pun. It's just that he used a pun at all. IMO it's no big deal. I don't get the issue people have with puns. It made sense and he delivered it in the same dry way as the rest of his dialogue.

>The pun is not the problem, it's that he used the word "choke" while actually choking the guy,

But that's the only thing that makes it a pun.

I swear it's like everyone complaining about puns doesn't know what they are or how to use them.

"Aspiration" would still be a pun on someone choking.

Like I said before, using the word "choke" while choking him is lazy. A different kind of a pun would be fine.

Underrated post

No it wouldn't

no it wasn't. don't samefag

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pulmonary_aspiration

It's a common side effect of people choking to near-death.

Wasn't me.

Just looked it up, it is, but way more subtle. It could almost be confused for being clever.

How about we talk about that new triple x movie. I saw the trailer before rogue one started. Left me disgusted desu. Worst thing is, normies will eat that shit up.

lmao at all these autists trying to defend vader

he never used puns and that Arnold tier pun in R1 was cringeworthy and retarded.

>Getting buttblasted because Vader said a one liner

Holy fuck you people need to stop

you literally just stopped reading there and started posting.

>not 'are you feeling it now mr crabs'
you fuckin serious

Kek

Tell that to Dooku's snapped neck

That's pretty good actually. "Stick around". Hmm, why didn't I think of that?

Vader has always made puns, even in the prequels
>LOOKS LIKE YOU'RE OUT OF A JOB DOOKU, HERE'S YOUR SEVERANCE

Anakin says to Dooku, "It was easy to see where you were heading."

this line is not shit because it's a quip.

it's shit because it's a reddit tier pat on the back. "OH YAH I REMEMBER VADER IS LE CHOKE MAN I'M SUCH A NERD".

reminder that's the fucking callbacks killing star wars

Sup Forums BTFO

Anakin, "Are you senile Dooku, it seems you've lost your mind!"

You probably winced not cringed

you know this is a children's movie, right?

Oh god pls disney do this