Notice that 90% of Europeans on here speak (or type at least) English with near native volubility

>notice that 90% of Europeans on here speak (or type at least) English with near native volubility
>go to Europe, get in cab
>"hi can you take me to a restaurant that sells-
>"sorry my English speak no good, please show where go"

It wasn't just cab drives too.
Are Sup Forums NEETs unironically the most educated demographic of Europe?

Other urls found in this thread:

vocaroo.com/i/s1GVj20dA1vZ
vocaroo.com/i/s1bENjB2LpV5
youtube.com/watch?v=8kx5tILg7fc
youtube.com/watch?v=M4Zdxgd7bBg
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

in germanic countries and finland english works great

I thought English only became popular globally during the internet era. So wouldn't only younger people (

aren't cabbies usually immigrants?

people that browse Sup Forums are more intelligent than average guy from his country, unironically

Aren't cabbies usually Pakis?

Europeans are stupid.

Nah, they're probably just lazy, you see, even those that are here on da chins, bother to write just above the intelligible lvl, when they could do it in a perfect manner, really.

Yeah, went to Italy and France. Not where I went at least.
It wasn't just the cab drivers, the only reliable place to find fluent English was airports or tour guide areas or other tourist hotspots.
Nah I wish. Only saw one Paki on the street in my whole time in Europe.
Probably.

People here can write in English pretty well, but seem to struggle when listening and speaking.

>Nah I wish. Only saw one Paki on the street in my whole time in Europe.
Odd, every shop I went in to in Paris was operated by a Paki

Don't forget that everyone is expressing themselves through writing here. You can take your time to write properly and check your grammar.

>but seem to struggle when listening and speaking
How would you know that? I only have difficulty understanding British accents, especially Northern.

>tfw the only reason I know English is because I'm a socially isolated NEET with no friends or family, who stays inside 99% of the time watching movies/TV shows in English, playing games in English and browsing American Internet forums

I guess I went to more upscale shops. The one paki I saw was trying to get me to take a picture with some church for money.

I saw a ton of bengalis in Italy tho, one tried to speak some broken Urdu with me once he found out I was paki when he was selling his toys or whatever which was cute.

Possibly, I know I take my sweet time when I'm meming in Spanish.

Use your English as an accent, immigrate to America or something, chicks love foreign dudes, especially with fluent English.

If you're on Sup Forums you probably lived your life exploring the Internet and using computers. That's how I know English. The impact of anything else teaching me English is negligible.

*As an asset
*emigrate

Turns out I don't speak English either feelsbadman

>as an accent
asset

Oh and videogames. Of course I set the language of everything to the original English because translations are heresy or something.

What part of Italy did you visit?

Tfw my english accent is bland as fuck

Rome->Florence/Pisa->Venice->Milan

Rome was literally 3rd world; I exaggerate but I was expecting USA level HDI and was disappointed. The architecture and history was cool tho. Saw the Vatican. Florence was nice, saw David. Venice was cool for the novelty. Milan was underwelming. It was the most developed but I've heard so much about Milan I guess the expectations were too high.

How do you even live will all those american movies dubbed in disgusting french?

>people who browse a website in english have good english
>normal people that browse the internet in their language don't
i think you're onto something here

because we're forced to speak, read and write english in this website and some of us have years here.

>not shit retard our english is good

My engels just very goed hier oetz. No problemos, makker.

The cabdrivers here use navigation, but it's much cheaper to use public transport.

I'm not a neet

Because you are a lowlife shitskin subhuman

>Italy and France
Not surprised at all. In my experience even young people here struggle with English. My high school teacher was amazed at my fluency not because it was particularly good(though it wasn't really flawed in any significant way) but because the rest of the class was at "if if if if okie dokie" level. To my knowledge French people have a similar reputation.

>tfw non-native speakers think they know English better than native speakers just because they have been drilled into submission believing that you have to type grammatically precise and communicate completely at all times, whereas native speakers can gather meaning theough brevity and slang

I never got this. I would never think myself better than a native Spanish speaker just because I type 100% grammatically correct as if I am writing a textbook

>flag
>go to Europe

>*As an asset
don't worry about that people just think it's auto-correct doing that
>*emigrate
people mess that up all the time so you don't have to bother correcting yourself on that one

and to be honest, that's horrifying

you're not alone haha

I know I'm not French, but our dubs are actually pretty good instead. I unironically prefer our own dub of The Simpsons to the original for example.

It's not fair, at least non-Anglo NEET's get to learn a language to near perfection while sitting on the computer all day, We Anglo's literally get nothing productive out of it. IT'S NOT FAIR

as a general rule 4channers (outside of certain boards) are quite easily more intelligent then normies, but also happen to be generally more depressed and lazy than normies

>can read fluently
>can write fluently
>listening comprehension is good due to over a decade of playing vidya with people from around the globe and having to listen to them in vent/TS
>also american television, god bless
>sound like a drooling retard if I'm caught off guard and don't have a moment to think what I have to say

And more socially retarded

yep, forgot that

Do you speak rally english by any chance?

>40 wpm writer
>fast reader
>"uhhh ummm uhhhmmmm uhh uhhhhhhh"

it really sucks being a native L1 speaker of the global lingua franca because there are less resources / reasons to learn other languages. I speak two but majority of americans can only speak our dialect of english which is pretty shameful desu. people here would rather learn programming languages because they never want to leave the 'best country on earth' desu

No. In the last vocaroo thread that I participated in some burger said I have a Minnesota accent. Then again some say that I sound like a Finn, others have guessed that I'm from Netherlands or Sweden and once someone thought I was Irish.

>I unironically prefer our own dub of The Simpsons to the original for example.
same

There is no reason to learn another language unless you want to emigrate to a foreign country. Leaning programming is a much more valuable use of your time than learning some irrelevant language. Sure, being multilingual might make you seem more cultured or worldly, but nothing practical.

>user how do you know so many flags?
>user why are you so good at languages?
>user how do you know so many details and historical facts of so many countries?
>user how do you know so much about Geopolitics?
>user how did you know that fact about the country I visited if you havent visited it? Pls tell me more

Traveling is just as good a reason as emmigrating user. Being able to communicate in a foreign language obviously has benefits when you are abroad - its scored me deals I normally would not have received. Monolingual people get scammed easily at the market and it's not like you can negotiate them down with the language barrier. You are right tho, still useless for majority of people who never leave their birth country

>be me walking taking care of arrange in town
>some anglo shit couple tourists stop me
>point on start asking for directions expecting me to know english and answer them
>tell them "no habla englisio."
>walk away with a smirk on my face.

hahah it's fucking great stiffing those cunts.

How?
Do you rarely use your keyboard?
Or do you write faster in finnish?
Read this and record it.

"Hello, I am finnish and there is someone swimming in my outer door."

no one ever asked me these questions

fuck you

Unless you travel to a single country and stay there a long time, it's still not much use

>not pointing them in the opposite direction

mediocre

This may hurt but Sup Forumstards are unironically more intelligent than Sup Forums. You may not always agree with them but thats a different story.

I think it has to do with the fact that the youngest generation probably has the best English education, as well as the most exposure to English in general, not necessarily intelligence.

T. 855IQ Sup Forumsellectual

working in international contexts its incredibly useful. business is conducted in more than just english, especially in EU and Africa. you're unfortunate enough to get all of our american jewish diaspora so i'm sure you are more than acquainted with english through them kek

I did a test just now and got 65 but that's just writing predefined words you see on screen. my retardness is just bottlenecking my motoristic abilities.

Okay, well try doing it more often you should be able to do it.
Just like riding a bike

>outer door
vocaroo.com/i/s1GVj20dA1vZ

Something else please

Yeah "outer(SPACE)door", I just wanted you to say words that would show the accents you mentioned.
You do have hints of dutch and finnish(mild, very mild).

t. Pedro the 16y old special school student

>vocaroo.com/i/s1GVj20dA1vZ

10/10 very good, from a native speaker

This nonce doesn't look rich at all

Gonna read something too else now that I plugged my mic in

brb

And this is how an entire generation honed their English skills to proficiency.

>notice that 90% of Europeans on here speak (or type at least) English with near native volubility

That's a joke

the world language honestly had to be English? what a lame sounding language, most other indoeuropean languages sound way better

Smart but lazy amirite?

My English is horrible because i never have a conversation in English. I just hear and read it. I use more German than English.

I think one's own language always sounds bland to the individual. I feel like my spanish accent is super vanilla, but all other Spanish speakers think Argentinian accent is super weird. I'm too used to american English now but at first it did seem weird and different.

vocaroo.com/i/s1bENjB2LpV5
>tfw it always sounds the same even after dozens of attempts over weeks

From the beginning to
>Friend and fiend, alive and live

>vocaroo.com/i/s1bENjB2LpV5

very good job but noticeable problems with your pronounciation of aisles and laurel. For aisles you can say "ILEs" first s is silent in english for example. definitely good enough to be understood by majority of anglophones though m8

I learned English at 6 by playing with my PS2 and associating images with words

Afterwards I simply went on forums and expanded on my english, 13 years later here I am with my daily vocabulary being variations of the word "nigger"

fug, I read the IPA wrong for aisle

Laurel I thought I pronounced pretty much correctly though
youtube.com/watch?v=8kx5tILg7fc

I never understood Emma, is that a bot? Sounds like a text to speech robot and really unnatural.

If you can read IPA ya you are basically set plus you have a cool accent so you should visit an anglo country sometime and swim in poon

Typucal u're countries educativeon. Kekking @ @mericoanses thinking good educative.

Well, shit, guess it's wrong then.
youtube.com/watch?v=M4Zdxgd7bBg

That sounds like a bot too but it's different

There wont be an accurate text to speech for years because we cant record thousands of different speeches for context sensitive situations

For example:
Are you a FAGGOT?
Are YOU a faggot?

The bot cant differentiate between hyphenations and just directly outputs one word at a time