/who/ - Doctor Who General

The Unquiet Dead edition
Is it still Gatiss's best episode?

Last thread

Other urls found in this thread:

pinknews.co.uk/2016/03/22/nus-tells-lgbt-societies-to-abolish-gay-mens-reps-because-they-dont-face-oppression/
youtu.be/CBuDlp2OmC8
twitter.com/GirlyLetters/status/810625037002797061
twitter.com/abbiecresta/status/761977652353896449
youtube.com/watch?v=m-XWX-gCbU8
youtu.be/BNbxWyns0pQ
cookdandbombd.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic,7141.0.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

pinknews.co.uk/2016/03/22/nus-tells-lgbt-societies-to-abolish-gay-mens-reps-because-they-dont-face-oppression/

How long until the Doctor fights the evil NUS?

>The Unquiet Dead edition
>Is it still Gatiss's best episode?
Probably. Because he ripped in off from The Outer Limits, except he couldn't rip off the neat twist.

>he couldn't rip off the neat twist.
What was it?

Humans thought aliens would try to kill all humans to make more corpses to inhabit. But they were wrong.

So basically the same twist but backwards?

Aaaand?

And that was the twist ending.

It's been about ten years since I saw it, but I remember it still. It was about FBI agents, I think, who investigated zombie alien diaspora. And they found out they bought some poisonous gases and thought aliens will poison humans and take over their bodies.

But aliens just wanted to recreate a piece of their homeworld to show it to their kids.

Whenever I feel sad about the world, all I have to do is remember Davros just had his eyes shut all them years and I piss myself laughing.

Reminder Matt teased his return.

We've known Matt Lucas is in the upcoming special - and the upcoming series - for months now, user.

There's even a rumour that Nardle is the Watcher and perhaps even the Rani.

Do keep up.

Who's Rani?

>we
>user
>Rani

Reminder that it's been 16 years since David Tennant regenerated, and 3 since Matt Smith left the TARDIS

Is that a trick mathematical question user?

youtu.be/CBuDlp2OmC8

Around 2:30, Matt says that Nardole got "put back together again." No time-wimey stuff, apparently, unless he's lying.

No because the rules of time are mine and they will obey me!

Spoilers for Moffats mid series Missy centric episode.
Missy gets shot by UN soldiers and regenerates back into a man, Jonathan Rhys Myers has been cast as the new Master. .

Why didn't Rose die on the boat?

Spoilers for Harness' mid series current year episode.
A demagogue lizard man who hates gays and women gets elected as president of the galaxy and Gareth Roberts rants about BBC bias on twitter

Mark Gatiss episodes

>"The Unquiet Dead" (2005)
>"The Idiot's Lantern" (2006)
>"Victory of the Daleks" (2010)
>"Night Terrors" (2011)
>"Cold War" (2013)
>"The Crimson Horror" (2013)
>"Robot of Sherwood" (2014)
>"Sleep No More" (2015)

Of the above list, Night Terrors & Robot of Sherwood are probably my favorites, and that's not saying much.

Gatiss' best episode is the Crimson Horror
I'd like Victory of the Daleks more if they actually used the new Daleks the story was for in future episodes. When you contrast it with some other episodes, it doesn't feel canon. Could've made way for a new Dalek civil war story.

The Crimson 'Orra is unironically GOAT

1. "Robot of Sherwood" (2014)
2. "The Unquiet Dead" (2005)
3. "The Crimson Horror" (2013)
4. "Sleep No More" (2015)
5. "Night Terrors" (2011)
6. "Victory of the Daleks" (2010)
7."Cold War" (2013)
8. "The Idiot's Lantern" (2006)

I WOULD CALL SECURITY BUT

I AM SECURITY

Robot Of Sherwood is his best.

THEY MIGHT LEAVE YOU ALIVE

He's shit at horror yet 5 of his episodes are horror based.

Which Doctor had the best first and final lines?

Six has the best first
Nine or Eight have the best last ones

There's literally nothing wrong with that exchange. It's typical clever Moffat dialogue.

1."Cold War" (2013)
2."The Crimson Horror" (2013)
3."The Unquiet Dead" (2005)
4."Robots of Sherwood" (2014)
5."Night Terrors" (2011)
6."Sleep No More" (2015)
7."The Idiot's Lantern" (2006)

Gatiss's best episode is The Crimson Horror.

But Unquiet Dead is easily top three.

I DON'T WORK HERE

I know, I love it. Plus the whole "shoot us in self defense - in the back!" is pure genius.

I could see Jonathan Rhys Myers as the Master. Very Delgado and Ainsley-ish looking, and can also act manic like Simm and Gomez.

But know this is top bait.

FACE ME

MY PHONE IS DEAD

This is worse than the Gareth Roberts meme.
And the guy looks more like a soccer player than a Master.

FACE ME NOW

YOU ARE SECURITY

IF YOU WANT MY LIFE, come.

ANNNNNNND TAKE IIIITTT

>Sleep no More that high?

But Cold War is shite. Probably the worst of Series 7.

Gatiss always struck me as a guy who really wants to bring back the Hinchcliffe era in everything he writes, even when the rest of the show moves away from that style.

I remember liking The Idiot's Lantern when I first watched it, but cooled because of how it tried to mix 1950s TV nostalgia with awkward family drama to varied results. In a single scene, you'd get characters talking about how cool Muffin the Mule and the rise of public television is while a father talks about beating his son and abusing his mother-in-law.

Get it*

Yes. For all its flaws, it remains an interesting experience. At least Gatiss tried.

It's actually one of the best stories in Series 7 which is really, really sad

WHAT IS THAT?

THAT'S GARETH!

"Surprise" cameo revealed (legitimate spoiler):

twitter.com/GirlyLetters/status/810625037002797061

Piss off

1. Name of the Doctor
2. Asylum of the Daleks
3. A Town Called Mercy
4. Hide
5. The Bells of Saint John
6. The Rings of Akhaten
7. The Angels Take Manhattan
8. Dinosaurs on a Spaceship
9. The Crimson Horror
10. The Power of Three
11. Nightmare in Silver
12. Journey to the Centre of the TARDIS
13. Cold War

IMPRESSIVE

Asylum of the Daleks was AWFUL
Akhaten was the only good story of S7

Why? What's your problem?

>Cold War that high
>Robot Of Sherwood that low

I'M POSTING A QUOTE FROM THE SERIES IN ALL CAPS. PLEASE CLAP

based nick frost returns?

Cold War was okay, but definitely fell far from its aspirations of trying to do to the Ice Warriors what Shearman did for the Daleks.

THOSE WINDOWS, LIKE EVERYTHING IN THIS BUILDING, ARE BUILT TO WITHSTAND A BLAST EQUIVALENT TO 4 NUCLEAR BOMBS

>Akhaten
>Good
Power Of Three was the only decent episode in S7.

I *AM* THE SECURITY

I AM WAR ITSELF

1. Name of the Doctor
2. The Bells of Saint John
3. Hide
4. The Power of Three
5. A Town Called Mercy
6. The Crimson Horror
7. The Power of Three
8. The Rings of Akhaten
9. Asylum of the Daleks
10.Nightmare in Silver
11. Journey to the Centre of the TARDIS
12. Dinosaurs on a Spaceship
13. The Angels Take Manhattan

RETURNING

twitter.com/abbiecresta/status/761977652353896449

There weren't any good episodes in Series 7.

>Akhaten
>Good
>The Power of Three
>Good
>Doctor Who
>Good
>Television
>Good
>Entertainment
>Good
>Pleasure
>Good
>Life
>Good
>Universe
>Good
>Anything
>Good

I quite liked Hide though.

gr8 b8

1. Name of the Doctor
2. The Bells of Saint John
3. Hide
4. The Power of Three
5. A Town Called Mercy
6. The Crimson Horror
7. Cold War
8. The Rings of Akhaten
9. Asylum of the Daleks
10.Nightmare in Silver
11. Journey to the Centre of the TARDIS
12. Dinosaurs on a Spaceship
13. The Angels Take Manhattan
Fixed

why was s7 so bad but the 50th so good?

What Happened?

SORRY ABOUT THAT WILL YOU LET ME ABOUT COLECOLEQUASURE N

JUST
DUCK
MY
SHIT
UP

Moffat knew he had to put effort into the 50th.

OOD ON THE LOO

So David Tennant is voicing a character in a children's cartoon I've never heard of. And I'm supposed to believe his career is going WELL?

Yes, it is. Nothing he's written for Who has been nearly as good as this.

>a children's cartoon I've never heard of
You have to be 18 or older to post on this website.

Asylum of the Daleks was the best Dalek story since Parting of the Ways, though that says more about how NuWho has handled Dalek stories than anything else.

Dinosaurs on a Spaceship was dumb but fun.

A Town Called Mercy was okay. Expected more though.

Power of Three felt like the first part of a story instead of its own complete thing. Maybe Chibnall will dig up some threads from this episode but I doubt it.

Angels Take Manhattan was cool aside from Weeping Statue of Liberty.

Bells of Saint John was... average? Not much in the way of interesting monsters or story, but it's a better companion introduction story than Smith & Jones.

Rings of Akhaten was shit. Makes you wonder why they spent so much on all these cool alien designs for such a shit story.

Cold War. All right, would probably be seen as shit in a better season.

Hide was okay, don't remember much of it at all. That's a problem with Series 7, all of these oneshots are often just there.

Journey to the Centre of the TARDIS, fuck if I remember. All I recall is wondering how you could screw up a story about traveling inside the TARDIS and going through all its corridors.

Crimson in Horror was comfy. But it should have went full Doctor-lite and had him only show up at the last minute instead of being a major character in the plot.

Nightmare in Silver. Oh, Nightmare in Silver. I was legitimately excited for this story because I'm a Gaiman fanboy, but everything was mismanaged in that story. Yeah, we all blame the kids, but the bullet time, the shitty redesign, the straight-up base under siege, etc. What a mess.

Name of the Doctor was actually cool, but much of it feels unearned thanks to the rest of Series 7 being oneshots that did nothing to contribute to the Great Intelligence arc. You wouldn't lose anything if you just skipped from Bells to Name.

I was half-fucking-asleep through all of these save The Idiot's Lantern and Cold War.

I am. But I'm not American. Is it an American thing?

>DOI WHAT IS SCROOGE MCDUCK?
>You have to be American to recognize iconic Disney characters

Seriously just fuck off back to Underagefaggotland already.

It's definitely an American thing. I've heard of it but I don't really know anything about it (besides the characters). I think I associate the name with a video game more than anything. It's probably something people are super nostalgic over and so get really touchy about it

like this lol

TOO EASY POSHO

Post /who/ music
youtube.com/watch?v=m-XWX-gCbU8

Fuming fuming FUMING.

Just had a huge row with my husband. His Dad has terminal cancer, and I've been as supportive as humanly possibly for ALL his family despite one of our own children being autistic.

Where was he when my Mum was dying of cancer? I had an 18 month old baby as well as being heavily pregnant with the 2nd. Was he there for me and his son at the time? Nope.

Anyway, just felt like having a fucking huge anonymous moan on a 4 chan page.

Doctor Who is a good show by the way.

Why you just die and rid the universe of your filth.

youtu.be/BNbxWyns0pQ

Am I the only one who didn't know that Posho has a fucking gaming channel?

Your husband is trash. Throw that zero in the bin and get yourself a hero.

Good for you Belle. About time you left him.

AND WHEN THE ENITRE MOUNTAIN IS CHISELED AWAY THE FIRST SECOND OF ETERNITY WILLL HAVE PASSED

We've been married a long time. Just needed to to let off some steam anonymously. He is a good honest man, just gets on my nerves sometimes after many years.

cookdandbombd.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic,7141.0.html

Interesting to read this thread about Doctor Who a few weeks before series 1 started. I forgot Rose leaked a few weeks before. Quite funny seeing the disbelief that the opening titles wouldn't feature the Doctor's face.

>cookandbombd

Ew. That's where Mongo's from. I wouldn't touch that site with a 10ft pole.

Can someone tell me the origins of mongo? Who the fuck is he, when did he first come here? By the time I came to this general he already seemed to be a well-known name

>Within minutes you notice something unusual about the show: the special effects are indeed special. Gone are the cardboard sets and naff-looking monsters of old, this time you see London landmarks come under thrilling alien attack, as convincing and exciting as anything shown before in a British TV series.
lol wut

No one really knows, he just turned up one day and started responding to everyone with snide little comments like "ooh, he's reeing now", "are you bored, user?", and his most incomprehensible one, "Mongo likes candy!". It's a unique and severe form of autism.

Bill: Doctor what happened?!

The Doctor: Change my dear, and not a moment too soon.

I hate that I can't even yell at you for your dumb meme because last thread confirmed that meme magic is clearly on your side