Not exclusively listening to pop music

>not exclusively listening to pop music
it’s 2018, if you unironically listen to any cishet white males your opinion doesn’t matter

Other urls found in this thread:

pitchfork.com/reviews/tracks/13649-silhouettes/
rbt.asia/mu/search/tripcode/!fYl/pirs/o/page/1/
youtube.com/watch?v=QEWHF3E9YJQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

If this thread gets over 20 replies everyone on Sup Forums contracts pink eye by February

The track seemed promising at the start but it's literally just another generic pop track

of course it will, this is Sup Forums

Pitchfork fucking sucks

pitchfork.com/reviews/tracks/13649-silhouettes/

tiresome bait

>tfw just came out to my family as bi
>tfw gay/bi people are finally getting representation/recognition in mainstream music

feels good man

Just remember that it's all artificial and publications like pitchfork put identity before the actual quality of the music

ehh, couldnt care for the chorus but its not offensively bad as far as pop music is concerned. never been a fan of troye though, years and years seem like a better alternative.

>taking female and shtiskin music seriously

Only European cisgender male made music is of any value.
Music made by women and shitskins only exists for the novelty.

sweet, good for you user

Nobody cares that you're a pole smoker.
You being a mentally ill sexual degenerate has no effect whatsoever on the music.

thank you.

>Nobody cares

actually music publications seem to care a lot about sexual orientation lol

back to Sup Forums

>actually music publications seem to care a lot about sexual orientation lol
That says a lot about the current state of music journalism

It's always fun pasting a tripfags id into the archive and discovering the astonishing lack of quality or effort in almost all of their posts
rbt.asia/mu/search/tripcode/!fYl/pirs/o/page/1/

yeah it says that music journalists are finally giving a voice to gay/bi artists, which was something long overdue.

>posting Sup Forumsmor is lack of quality

and what have you ever done for this board?

reply 20
;)

>yeah it says that music journalists are finally giving a voice to gay/bi artists
lolwut. Literally one of the biggest names in 20th century pop has been openly gay/bi since very early in his career. And no one felt the need to mention it because his music was good enough to stand on its own without some identity bullshit tacked on.

>I should get extra special credit for being a fag
>yfw
Judge artists based on the merit of their product, not how many poles they smoke.

he said he was straight after, are you a baka

But arguably the biggest 10 years of his career were before that

but that wouldn't be politically correct, we can't put pressure on people who aren't heterosexual cis white males because those who aren't are very vulnerable and weak and we need to protect them

You're literally super fucking retarded, but somehow you think you've ascended lmaooo

He's right

>thinking music should be judged as music is "le epic neckboor fedahrah xDD"

>gays are weak and need straight people to prop them up
Geez user, you didn't need to get to homophobic

I respect Bowie but he was never really "pop", or at least he wasn't for his time. like, you ask a normie what their favorite Bowie album is, they'll say something like "uhhh I dunno the one with Heroes or Major Tom?"

and people sure as hell DID mention it, what are you on about. Bowie and Prince were huge icons for the gay/bi community. but now we're at a point where truly accessible pop that even normies can enjoy can be in support of gay/bisexuality, which is wonderful.

>>I should get extra special credit for being a fag

not at all what I said

there are likely tons of gay/bi people who couldn't break into the mainstream because the masses wouldn't accept them. now the tides are turning and the floodgates are being opened for a ton of interesting new music.

>lmaooo
Go back to twitter user

I can smell the butthurt emitting from my monitor.

>I respect Bowie but he was never really "pop"
Are you retarded?

Well, that's what the PC people imply, isn't it? Just look at the metoo movement which portrays all women as super vulnerable creatures which is pretty much the opposite to what original feminism intended

>I respect Bowie but he was never really "pop"

>there are likely tons of gay/bi people who couldn't break into the mainstream
Like Freddy Mercury? Elton John? Give it a fucking break, if you can't make it as a gay man you couldn't make it at all. Back up your bullshit with proofta, poofta.

>gays and bis couldn't make it in music
>disregarding bowie and elton john and prince and freddy mercury and boy george and janis joplin and so on
You're purposefully ignoring people who prove you wrong because you think you deserve recognition, and you aren't getting it; and you have a massive victim complex so you assume it's because you suck cock rather than because your music sucks cock

fucking fuck this fucking fucky fuck world and its fucking fuckawful fucking music

Troye Sivan is fucking trash

>fag makes dumb claim
>fag gets btfo with examples by multiple people
>fag stops responding
GOTTEM BOYS

lol I trolled you

I am bi but I specifically said some stuff because I know being gay/bi triggers the Sup Forumstards here

desu Bowie and Freddie suck (and not just dick)

a truly great bi musician would be Leonard Bernstein.

>I am bi but I specifically said some stuff because I know being gay/bi triggers the Sup Forumstards here
I don't browse Sup Forums you faggot

maybe you should go (and stay) there cissy ;)

I think I'll stay on Sup Forums thanks

>tfw all the greatest artists in every medium throughout history were bi
>tfw bi people get to enjoy the best of both worlds in terms of sex/romance
>tfw all the great Greek philosophers were bi
>tfw Jesus was bi

is there anything we can't do?

>jesus was bi
excuse me

have you even read the Bible??

>have you even read the Bible??
>Bible??
>Bible
>Bi

HOLY SHIT

is this, dare i say, sarcasm?!?

>and the floodgates are being opened for a ton of interesting new music.
Yeah dude, Arca, Brockhampton, and Frank Ocean are soooooooooooo interesting

they are, who else is making music like them??

You need to listen to more music if you think any of those artists listed are unique.

>disregarding the (kinda) rich history of LGBT people in music

That’s good for you but you gotta admit this is a shittty song

it's pop trash

And there goes another thread
thank mr skeltal

>You need to listen to more music if you think any of those artists listed are unique.

>doesn't answer the question

yeah sure

This is the cringiest music video I've ever humanly laid eyes on

youtube.com/watch?v=QEWHF3E9YJQ

> boring electronic
> boring pop rap
> boring R&B

just because you're not straight doesn't mean the music you make is actually good, user

>boring
>boring
>boring

nice subjective non-criticism

try again

>unironically defending garbage like brockhampton or arca

>unironically being too pleb for Brockhampton or Arca

name your favorite contemporary hip-hop and/or electronic artist(s)

i wouldn't say cringy, just generic

There have been tons of alt RnB albums beginning with One In a Million/Velvet Rope who sound like Frank Ocean, you have to be mentally defective or a Pitchfork gentrifier who didn't care about black music until BLM to think Blonde is some revolutionary record

Brockhampton are doing the same shit that has been going on in conscious and jazz rap for two decades (plus a lot of 90s pop rap like Bone-Thugz). They have some college boyband image so everyone on Sup Forums also thinks they're revolutionary

Arca is the most unique and innovative but I'd say that doesn't make him remotely pleasurable to listen to

this. cishets btfo'd as always.

>Brockhampton are doing the same shit that has been going on in conscious and jazz rap for two decades (plus a lot of 90s pop rap like Bone-Thugz)

are you actually retarded or just memeing

Maybe we have different taste in cringe? I bet you think Time Machine Modulus is good.

Kid is rapping about "happy pills". What did he steal a Xanax from his mom?

I hope I catch my pink eye from eating ass

No, it's an objective fact.

>tfw hetero
>tfw can't ever make it as an artist
I tried to be gay, I REALLY tried; but the furthest I could go would be to kiss a boy, but none of them wants that, 'cause that's "faggy"; they all just want to be fucked up the ass :(

uh he didnt marry a white

thank mr skeltal