What's more important, timbre or melody?

What's more important, timbre or melody?

youtube.com/watch?v=CSQQgjKlSdU

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/0LoFcPDJvQI?t=16m21s
youtube.com/watch?v=rX8NMaGEs6g&t=2098s
youtube.com/watch?v=6qXmqokvkus
youtube.com/watch?v=RaYvMwQd3cs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

probably timbre
timbre ages though
a good melody is timeless

BBRRRRRAAAAAAAAPPP

that brapper

>timbre ages though
That's why electronic music exists.

what do you mean by this? electronic music is arguably the most susceptible to aging poorly

Superficial aesthetics come and go, like a girl aging through her twenties.

A good melody never dies.

Taking timbre as aesthetic is pretty superficial. Exploring the possibilities of sound is what I mean, thing that you cannot do with the limitations of traditional instruments, quite obvious. Also electronic music is pretty a baby world if you think is not even 70 years old as a musical entity, there's literally an infinite universe to explore. Though already today there are things that are difficult to consider aging considering the incredibly futuristic and forward thinking elements they incorporate.

youtu.be/0LoFcPDJvQI?t=16m21s
youtube.com/watch?v=rX8NMaGEs6g&t=2098s

I am avidly curious to know what day something like this will sound "aged", really I am.

She's really abusing that angle though...
The reality is nowhere near as good as she'd make you think from that pic.

so it goes...

>filename
>f4hr2t
Lel, she qt tho

i agree plus with all the technology everybody has in their homes these days and the fact that each room has its own character (think alvin lucier sitting in a room) there are literally endless unique/individual sounds that can be made. pretty exciting time to live in.

>Selfplaying patches
It's so sad that this is what modular synth music always devolves into. No matter how you look at it it's just fucking lazy to buy some make-noise modules and figure out how make some radomly generated melodies and textures. It's especially sad since it's such a great instrument that can do basically anything and people choose to do mediocre ambient.

If you don't know hot to create patches a modular does nothing, it's all about the patch itself.

youtube.com/watch?v=6qXmqokvkus

>pleb
melody
>pseud
timbre
>patrician
harmony
>retard
lyrics
>subhuman
rhythm

>subhuman
>rhythm

I think you're the retarded one. Rhythm is another immense world to explore.

youtube.com/watch?v=RaYvMwQd3cs

I was mostly shitposting but the appeal of Reich comes from his mastery of form and texture (which are actually the true patrician choices), not just rhythm.

>subhuman
>rhythm

Imagine being this cucked by mother nature, that you despise any music that's not in 4/4 and can't even follow songs in any other rhythm. Probably listens to AC/DC.

t. IDM/math rock pleb

>math rock
>pleb

Pick one.

Cute. Come back when you've lurked for at least a year.

Right back at you, man. See you after your first month on here is over.

>i know you are but what am i B) B) B)
Nice try kiddo, anyone's who's been here long enough knows that math rock is a total joke in the patrician scene. If you want stuff that uses "le wacky" time signatures because that's the only musical concept your feeble mind can comprehend listen to something decent like avant-prog instead.

>caring about a ''patrician scene''
What are you, 13? You want to get along with the cool kids so you listen to just shitty AC/DC records with no value?

>avant-prog
Oh, please tell us about avant-prog, Mr. Fred Frith.

>>caring about a ''patrician scene''
Exposed the newfriend.

>Fred Frith
Nice namedrop. Who's next? Chris Cutler? Dagmar Krause?

i'd eat her ass for hours and hours

what do you call it when the timbre of multiple instruments interact with each other?

name?

stpeach

Just because it's new, it won't age? That doesn't make sense

When the harpsichord was invented, I'm sure it sounded very modern. Now we associate it with a certain time period. What makes you think future generations won't associate AFX-style FM synthesis with the 1990s-2010s?

>she will never sit on your face
Why the fuck even live

hhhhhhhhHHHHHHHHHH

Infact I'm not saying it won't age, I'm genuinely curios what will be truly "new" at that time.

shut the fuck up you stupid fag

manface + tons of makeup
pig disgusting

name?

@STPeachy

someone explain this

>stpeach
Yes

what is there to explain?

$$$$

dw your time will come lad. chicks like that eventually leave their virgin bf for a chad. shes been dating him since before her fame

Love, true love.

whats on her computer screen

RICED

I am totally prepared to experience a sonic landscape where people think that autechre and qebrus sound dated