Okay, so I just finished this. The final episode's parts with Paulie and the cat were amusing...

Okay, so I just finished this. The final episode's parts with Paulie and the cat were amusing, but what was with that ending? Is he kill or what?

Now I'm moving on to Oz desu

Sopranos ending is amazing compared to how bad Oz shit its pants

>Now I'm moving on to Oz desu

what a fucking stepdown

Sopranos ending is amazing compared to all fiction written by man, literally cannot find a better ending to anything, ever.

Oz is fucking terrible.

>Is he kill or what?

>shady looking guys enter the restaurant
>screen just goes black
>remember that episode when he said when they shot you in the brain you cant possible hear the bullet

come on OP

Ah, tricked by the ol' pleb filter. You never even saw Chase coming.

I love O but it needs to be remastered sooo badly. But of course sopranos is best and great ending.

He is kill because that's what he deserved.

Chase considered it up for interpretation, plebs like misconstrue Bobby's prophetic lines as foreshadowing towards Tony's death, rather than Bobby (which is reinforced by Tony getting flashbacks to the line while cradling the assault rifle from Bobby).

In reality I don't think he was killed. I think the ending reinforced that Tony'a never gonna be happy. His main adversary is dead, and he's at the top of the food chain again. However, he can trust no one, and is constantly paranoid (as evidenced by the constant head spinning whenever he hears the door opening, or his inherent paranoia towards a guy in a jacket). His closest friends are either dead or untrustworthy. The Journey song "Don't stop believin'" adds weight, where the cycle will continue (it rolls on and on and on) for as long as Tony lives.

>He is kill because that's what he deserved.

It doesn't matter. He ended his therapy, Soprano family is effectively destroyed, peace with NY, FBI closing in, and Carlo flipping. Tony's story was over and there was nothing left to show or tell.

Did he have a panic attack and faint bros?

He is ded bro. The camera is from Tony's perspective. This is established by watching AJ and Meadow come in. So when the shadey dudes come in and the screen fades to black, you can assume he is dead,

>fades

Opinion eternally discarded

lel

why

What part of the ending fucking fades you retard

Your autistic.

His autistic what?

Goddamnit....
I actually meant "you're" as in "you are."
Sorry for the grammatical mistake.

Autistic braindead retard

This, but unironically

Not to mention the shady guy is wearing a 'members only' jacket whom Michael Corleone's it to the washroom

I-I wasn't being ironic, user

Oh, sorry, if I see untempered praise for something here I assume it's a pisstake. Good shit

He died, m8. The entire scene is set up so that each time someone enters the diner, the bell rings and the camera is set to Tony's perspective. Members Only (who stinkeyes Tony the whole time) gets up and goes to the bathroom (a Godfather reference). In the final seconds, the door rings and we go to his perspective, cutting to immediate black. Chase actually wanted to have no credits, instead a full 30 seconds until the HBO logo came up. Instead we got about ten, which is enough to get the point across.

Tony let his guard down and didn't even see it coming. This is also foreshadowed in his conversation with Bobby. He thought since Sac was taken out, he was safe, but Johnny had already put out the hit on Tony, to be carried out even in the event of his death.

'no'

Fine interpretation, that you copied off the internet instead of thinking for yourself, very find indeed.

But still 'no'

This.

Are you really that dense? It's not exactly David Lynch levels of obscurity. It's pretty straightforward. Do you have to see Tony's brains all over AJ to understand what happened?

Ah yes, the "Sopranos was never ambiguous" meme, I know it well

Because it doesn't fade to black, it cuts to black you idiot.

I know you're just memeing, but let me ask you this. Why does it cut to black mid-sentence? Why does the camera spend so much time on Members Only? Why is "you don't hear the shot that kills you" foreshadowed not once but twice leading up to the finale?

Go read the Chase interview where he talks about the ending. There's really no subjectivity. He explained why he filmed the scene the way he did. You'll have a better appreciation for the whole series.

Because yes he's suspicious, yes they're implying that he might be there to kill Tony. This would only have been strengthened had it happened at the end of the originally planned 13 episode season, instead of a year later.

But that's not Chase's style, and you've kinda missed the entire point of the show if you think it all comes down to Tony dying in a film-school reject POV style.

You miss the point about life that Chase was trying to make. You completely fucking missed it. That's life, user. In that moment, he might be dead. He's not saying Tony's dead. He's saying, to you, to everyone watching, that you might be fucking dead the very next moment of existence. But despite that, or because, you have to hold onto what's good, because there's nothing else you can do.

He's dead. It's all explained with foreshadowing.

I think you're not supposed to know, hence why there is no definitive answer. He is constantly shitting himself that he is going to get killed, so the ending makes it look like he's dead. But we don't know he's dead, we can only assume so. He's both dead and alive, he's both going to prison and not going to prison. There's no definitive ending which is perfect as that is the only way the show could have ended.

This

The Fleshy Part of the Thigh:
>It's physics. Schrödinger's equation. The boxers, you, me we're all part of the same quantum field. Think of the two boxers as ocean waves or currents of air, two tornadoes, say. They appear to be two things, right? Two separate things. But they're not. Tornadoes are just wind, the wind stirred up in different directions. The fact is, nothing is separate, everything's connected.

Made in America:
>"In the midst of death, we are in life". Or is it the other way around?

>seeing Meadow come in
>screen fades to black

What ending did you watch, m8?

Chase has stated the point of the ending wasn't whether he lived or died

i totally agree on some level
just curious what you guys think about the wire or more specifically its ending