WHO THOUGHT THIS WAS A GOOD IDEA?

>Succesful businessman Howard Inlet (Will Smith) retreats from life after the tragic death of his young daughter and spends his day wandering aimlessly through the city, writing letters to Love, Time and Death questioning their motives for ruining his life.

>With Howard's company in dire financial straits, Howard's minority partners Whit Yardshaw (Edward Norton), Claire Wilson (Kate Winslet), and Simon Scott (Michael Pena) conspire to wrest control by hiring three struggling actors - Brigitte (Helen Mirren), Aimee (Keira Knightley), and Raffi (Jacob Latimore) - to randomly sneak up on him on the subway or while he's eating and pretend to be personifications of Death, Love, and Time, while an unscrupulous private eye secretly records their interactions and doctors the footage so that it looks like Howard is talking to himself. The trio plans to present the doctored footage to the company's board of directors to have Howard declared mentally unfit and wrest control of the company away from him.

>Howard's interactions with the trio inspire him to reconnect with his estranged wife Madeleine (Naomie Harris), and the two reconnect, accepting the loss of their daughter and vowing to enjoy the time they have left. As Howard rebuilds his life and reconnects with his friends, it transpires that Brigitte, Aimee and Raffi actually WERE Death, Love and Time, and have been following Howard and Madeleine's ordeal in secret since their daughter's death.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Ukk5TJL27pE
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

what's wrong

The first and second greentext sounds like a pretty solid thriller...then it got ruined by the next greentext and completely JUST by the spoiler...

Wouldn't this plot confuse the average movie-goer who watches these movies?

>That plot

wut

>that whole middle paragraph
What the fuck? The trailers completely ignore all that shit and just play the "twist" in the last paragraph as the premise of the movie.

this, what the fuck, I thought they wanted to genuinelly help him

AYO

and here I thought from the trailers that it was a stupid feel good movie about accepting loss...jeeez

It is. Just with an oddly mean-spirited driving force. Also Norton, Winslet and Pena are all going through issues that Love, Time and Death help them overcome: Norton cheated on his wife and is estranged from his daughter, and Knightley helps him win back her love; Winslet is having regrets about not starting a family and Latimore shows her she still has time to get pregnant; and Pena is dying of cancer and you can guess how Mirren helps him out with that.

Also Smith and Naomie Harris, despite having been married, pretend to be total strangers with different dead children and act like they met during a grief support group meeting because they had an unspoken agreement that they wish they could go back to being strangers after their daughter's death wrecked them.

So why would the gods sign up to pretend to be gods

what the fuck

I heard about the real plot yesterday and couldn't even believe it. It sounds so bad that it actually makes me want to see the film.

Will Will Smith be the new NEVER EVER Oscar winner? Leo just graduated from that and Will is tryin greally hard into oscar bait.

Looks like it.

what is it with the influx of shitty generic movies with genuinely interesting/unexpected plot twists?

first passengers and now this

Sounds like a movie that was supposed to be made in the late 90s.

What's the plot twist in that? I'm not into meme actors so I haven't paid any attention to it

i'm suddenly interested

for anyone who's seen it, is actually worth it? i want to invite my friends and have them think it's some generic bullshit

i mean is it entertaining outside of the twist?

Chris Pratt and J Law wake up out of cryo freeze and have to find out why and what happened

he woke her up a year after his own opened by accident because he was lonely, and lied that he woke up at the same time

Oh, that was already out even before they had any trailers for it. I remember everyone saying it made his character be an absolute asshole. I thought that was just a minor plot point and not the twist.

what a rapist!

>(Edward Norton), Claire Wilson (Kate Winslet), and Simon Scott (Michael Pena) conspire to wrest control by hiring three struggling actors - Brigitte (Helen Mirren), Aimee (Keira Knightley)

just sounds like missfired oscar bait

Take a look at some of his prospective projects

>Joe
A modern-day retelling of the tale of Job, who had everything taken from him to test his morals.

>Cooked
Real-life story about a impoverished man who learns cooking while serving time for dealing crack cocaine and manages to become a renowed chef.

>Sisters of Mercy
After the loss of his wife, a businessman gets help raising his kids from the wife's friends at a book club and learns important lessons about love and life.

And, of course, "Flowers for Algernon".

probably the same guy who thought pic related was a good idea

>what is it with the influx of shitty generic movies with genuinely interesting/unexpected plot twists?

youtube.com/watch?v=Ukk5TJL27pE

There was nothing wrong with the idea of a Cloud Atlas adaptation.

Giving the adaptation to the Wachowskis was the mistake.

The twist should've been that Love,Time and Death fall into depression completely stopping their work whch in return starts to destroy humanity and it is up to depressed Wll Smith to fiz shit up.

That dude is such a fucking douche, and he completely fails at his own point starting by the assumption that these movie are passable instead of absolute garbage, like all capeshit.

He would end doing black tv movies really soon if it wasn't because he's rich as fuck.

100% SMUG POSTER

EXPRESS YOUR WEAKNESSES AND COMPROMISE MORE FOR WOMEN MORAL

that's all it takes to get the green light.

(You)

why the fuck didn't the trailers for this show the middle paragraph at fucking all

Why does Will Smith take on the shittiest roles these days? He's gone from wacky cool black actor guy to some stupid faggot, both as an actor and IRL.

I miss MIB and Wild Wild West Will Smith. Back before he took himself too seriously. His son is also a fag, but like for real. Is cross dressing and wondering about mirrors being real what happens when you don't have a good father?

yeah, but he has a good point.

Wont EVER happen since his miserable little shrew cunt of a wife ran her mouth at the Academy last year, basically trying to guilt them into nominating more blacks because "Muh slavery"!!!FACT!!!

>Will Smith
>in a good movie

not since pic related destroyed his career

>Latimore shows her she still has time to get pregnant
Does he tell her about the massively increased risk of autism in kids born to older mothers?

But the difference is that Leo starred in good movies and gave good performances.

Will Smith is starring in the worst oscar baits possible (so they can't even be considered oscar baits) and doesn't even play himself that well anymore.

I'm still convinced Will Smith went insane after he failed to win for Ali.