Will we ever get a good Ayn Rand movie? I fucking loved Atlas Shrugged and Objectivism is god tier ideology...

Will we ever get a good Ayn Rand movie? I fucking loved Atlas Shrugged and Objectivism is god tier ideology, but the movie of Atlas Shrugged sucked.

The Fountainhead movie is alright considering how terrible the source material is.

The Fountainhead is a great book, what the fuck are you on about?

I guess you could say the movie shrugged

There has to be a good Ayn rand book before there can be a good Ayn rand movie.

Probably a commie.

Could you, though?

She was a terrible writer and the books manage to be impenetrable and totally shallow at the same time, which is quite a feat

He's just memeing.
Since Sup Forums went mainstream and full autismo it's been popular to shit on ayn rand for the sake of edginess and being a post-ironic contrarian.

The book was horrible, tho.
I mean, the philosophy can be good, although i don't agree with, but the book itself is shit.
It's obviously a book made to promote Objectivism, not a book made to be good literature.

Is praise of Ayn Rand a meme or otherwise, this all these levels of irony I can't tell

Excellent pasta mayo mix it up with the potato n vegatablo!

>I fucking loved Atlas Shrugged and Objectivism is god tier ideology
top kek

Ayn Rand is a fucking meme.
>it's ok when WE do a fucking strawmen of the opposing view but not when commies do it

How's 7th grade going so far?

You don't seem to understand what a meme is.
Probably because you're a politically and mentally challenged commie.
In spite of that, I forgive you.

Hahaha! Has winter break already started? We're already getting the high school edgelords.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Just replay the first 2/3 of Bioshock lad, it's all there

WE ELECTED DONALD TRUMP!

If only Ayn Rand could be alive today.

A business tycoon is in charge of fucking everything in America. Holy shit.

Objectivism is alive again.

>one-dimensional characters that experience zero growth
>laughably simple and cartoonish plots
>laughably transparent antagonists and ideology
>ideology is childish and author doesn't even adhere to it
Rand was a complete hack who only appeals to mental midgets that hate everyone else.

wtf i hate Quentin now!

>all these plebs shitting on Objectivism
kys commies

her books were awful and her "philosophy" is a joke and i say that as a neoliberal

>Ayn Rand had to make up a impossible perpetual motion machine and cookie-cutter "plot" so her philosphy could work

>If only Ayn Rand could be alive today.
Why she turned into a hypocrite in the end.

>Eddie Willers is black in every iteration

>recouping stolen money is wrong
>Ayn Rand didn't advocate this for her entire life

I hate lying liberals. You only lie. You only just lie.

>Objectivists honestly believe the only thing hold creativity and invention back is muh government regulations
>think every creator is self-employed and directly benefits from their works
>hasn't noticed that the last 60 years of science and technology have been large teams working together under corporate management
>ignore that the main thing holding back creativity is some CEO deciding which line of research is profitable and which one should be ignored

>muh special snowflake philosophy
>muh beleaguered life as a selfish prick must be free of all who disagree with me

it's a meme

Objectivism sucks.

Free markets are amazing though.

We need to end all central banks on planet earth.

>hipster
>wearing coco chanel
holy shit this is what objectivists actually believe

Libertarianism is god tier.

Ayn Rand was a dumb cunt.

>it's OK to steal if I call it "recouping"
damn that's some extreme-level rationalization
if Ayn Rand were a nigger she'd be running around robbing liquor stores saying she's justified because she's owed money for racism

kys commie scum

Wait I thought Sup Forums went back to fascism now, is objectivism back on the menu?

>taxes are theft
>using fake identities to collect multiple welfare checks illegally is totally fine
>leeching off dumb followers for decades is totally self-reliant

She applied for social security and medicare at the end of her life lmfao

>recouping
Yeah, go try that in a bank.

Ayn Rand encouraged her students to take as much advantage of government programs as possible since they were forced to pay into them at gunpoint.

I'm sorry that her actual political philosophy doesn't conform to your narrative.

>Henry Ford
>commie scum

Based Ford would've ended all commies if given the chance.

>being a sheep for the good of a society you don't owe anything to

>via 9gag.com
>sources: Zeitgeist
holy shit you aren't even trying are you?
also fun fact, all banks lend over what they can pay back, not just central banks. A true free market would have that continue and in fact increase. It's what happened in the US before the federal reserve and the reason the US economy had a major crash every 15 years in the 1800's

Sup Forums, what should i believe?

>government assistance is for the weak!
>unless you're me...!
>thinking you're more important than the continuity of human civilization

Have you ever wondered why so many people oscillate between objectivism and fascism? It's because they cater to the same audience: people who believe they are inherently superior to everyone else. The only difference is that objectivists are even more stupid, stupid enough to think that in a world with no regulations, they would be able to rise to the top. Fascists are a different kind of stupid, where they would give up their own freedoms just to subjugate those they hate even more.

>Objectivism is god tier ideology
How to spot underageb& in 5 words

Yeah, you haven't read any Ayn Rand and don't grok Objectivism. Sad!

yes, that's called hypocrisy. She's encouraging her students to be less self-reliant and take advantage of the government teat whenever they could.

It's the exact same a shit as business owners claiming to be "100% for the free market" and still lobbying for subsidies and paying millions to elect candidates who will benefit them. They're encouraging the system they claim to hate because they can use it for personal benefit

>y-you just don't know...!
I read that shit when I was a teen edgelord. But then I grew up, and into the bin it went.

>Free markets are amazing though.
>We need to end all central banks on planet earth.
KEK

>It's because they cater to the same audience: people who believe they are inherently superior to everyone else
you forgot "and blame all of their misfortunes on outside forces keeping them down"
that little bit of victim culture is crucial

So you love getting your income cucked and stolen by the globalists? Stay cucked faggot.

>wanting to save a society that doesn't deserve saving

Except that's exactly what free markets and no central bank supervision lead to you deluded moron.

Oh, so you are one of those "Degeneracy and feminism is ruining Western society!" kind of guy?

Yep, the fascism-objectivism overlap worked especially well with anti-semitism, as these nuts both believed they were racially inferior and that they were in control of the governments. It's a bit harder with hating muslims because they have like no political power in the West. That's why Sup Forums has been more fascist lately.

silly goy, without governments everyone would be free and businesses would never rip you off

It's taken for a reason. To help pay for all those roads you use, the postal system that until the last decade was needed, the parks that people go to, the schools that you send your kids to.

What you want is the money you earn, plus a whole lot of shit you didn't pay for or earn as well.

Reddit is that way, friend.

FUCK fascism, communism, objectivism and crony capitalism and OP fucking kys you edgy piece of shit

lol

>FUCK fascism, objectivism and capitalism and OP fucking go to gulag you edgy piece of shit
FTFY

You're probably trolling as I can't believe you'd be thick enough to not realize Rand herself was ultra contrarian to the point of appearing borderline insane to normos who can't be bothered to give a fair chance to her ideas.

If she were alive to witness that she'd probably kill herself.

You're talking about taxes. I'm talking about inflation. You have to be an idiot to believe the government manages currency to protect your income; it is you, the average citizen, that gets fucked by monetary policy. The ones that pull the strings though only benefit from it.

>Objectivism is god tier ideology
>implying ideologies don't belong in the trash

You can't not have an ideology unless you're dead.

Even nihilism is an ideology.

That's only part of our disease

Except that's wrong, retard. Having an ideology requires that you say to yourself
>this is exactly how I'm going to live my life, because this is best
Normal people do not do that. Normal people take things as they come and aren't so autistic that they view things as ideologically ideal or compromising.

Ideology is the totality of the ideas you believe in and construct your worldview upon. It doesn't matter if you consciously choose it or simply absorb it from your surroundings.

Or as Wikipedia would put it
>Ideology is a collection of beliefs held by an individual, group or society. It can be described as a set of conscious and unconscious ideas which make up one's beliefs, goals, expectations, and motivations.

We're talking about labeled, structured ideologies as laid out by retards like Ayn Rand. Being a normal person who doesn't preach bullshit like objectivism is about as much an ideology as not farting as you're exiting an elevator.

>i gots magic stones

No because there was never a good Ayn Rand book

no it's shit

doesn't even have to bring up the rape