How come Pegg and co. doesn't make fun romps like this anymore?

How come Pegg and co. doesn't make fun romps like this anymore?

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.4plebs.org/tv/search/text/these movies are considered unfunny trash in britain/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Because their last movie wasn't funny.

the thing is these movies are considered unfunny trash in britain
you, the american, only find them funny because of the zany accents and lingo
spaced/shaun of dead/hot fuzz/worlds end are to britain what big mama's house is to america and viced-versa

>these movies are considered unfunny trash in britain
I'm British, and everyone I've ever met who has seen the Cornetto trilogy loved them. And I meet a lot of people.

1 - I said the last movie isn't funny
2 - I'm not american

>responding to pasta

>t. copy+pasting redditor

gr8 b8 user

literally untrue

You watching this right now? UK?

>white males

Whoa it's 2016 not 1916

speak for yourself, never met someone who has spoke with dislike of dead/hotfuzz/worlds end.

source: brit

Yeah, but you're a pleb.

EVERY FUCKING THREAD
archive.4plebs.org/tv/search/text/these movies are considered unfunny trash in britain/

Last movie never felt... "there" to me.

Shaun of the Dead and Hot Fuzz were fucking hilariously stupid.
But the Worlds End movie just felt like it was lacking what those 2 films had.
It had the same retarded sort of ideas behind it, crazy storytelling, but something was missing.
Fun film regardless.

I do wish they would make some more films.
Even the best series of films have a weird one that doesn't feel right, that is missing the magic most of the other films had.
LotR had it. The Matrix had it. (third was just shit, second was weird).
Star Wars had it. Harry Potter had it.
Apples to TV series as well.
Hell, even videogames.
And in the case of videogames, it is usually smaller companies that put out the extraordinary ones, and all it takes is an odd average/weird/shit one to kill the company. (Free Radical ;-;)
To be honest, that even applies to films as well. But more in relation to the directors and writers careers.

worlds end had a great first act but the second and third acts were really poor. i felt in some ways it felt too much like a retread of shaun of the dead what with this 'horde' chasing them around... it needed to be different like hot fuzz.

Hot Fuzz is fucking amazing and I can watch it forever. The other two are only good for background noise at parties.

OP here. I'm British. Shaun of the Dead and Hot Fuzz were well received here. I can only assume you were a child when they came out and are just trying to be le edgy contrarian.

World's End was weak it didn't have a coherent theme like the other two
was it supposed to be just some scifi thing?
kind of boring

I thought Paul was good though

wright had nothing to do with paul

>british people literally hate their own movies because americans like them

OBSESSED

Hector and the search for happiness was great

Just when you forget about a pasta, there it is again!

No. We don't. We hate the idea that Americans think they're cultured for watching 'dat dem dere fawn-wren film dats no good american like'.

Or that you treat them like a parent treats their 10 year old kids school play. "OH ISN'T IT WONDERFUL :3 YOU DID A FILM! :3 HOW CUTE :3!".

You're either obsessed with it and think you're cultured, or you're patronising cunts.

The fact Brits keep getting American roles is baffling to me, but it proves my point that Americans love Brits because LOL ACCENTS. We have a similar problem with Brit roles going to the Irish. The Irish hate us but for some reason are our biggest immigrant population and have fuck loads of jobs, especially in BBC. Highest paid guy at BBC is Irish. And a faggot. Then they get Knighthoods and people in Ireland hate them, but they never side with the British in anything, so they're hated by both.

Lineker is the BBC's highest paid start btw

You sound like a bitter faggot.

You sound like a friendless douchebag

You sound like a battered housewife.

>first movie is weird existential threat with 2 friends in a group dynamic
>second movie is conspiracy that goes all the way to the top
>third movie is weird existential threat in the form of a conspiracy that goes all the way to the top with close friends in a group dynamic with violence that is over the top even when compared to the first two

this guy is full of shit btw, spaced is fucking classic here

t. britbong

>implying it isn't the best one

You sound like a cool guy. Wanna be friends? I'm Irish American btw. My great great great great great great great grandfathers roommate had a friend who went to Ireland once. That makes like 99% Irish

pleb, that was their magnum opus.

Glad to hear that, I'm an Ameribong and I always thought it was a really good show

Because Edgar Wright doesn't work with them anymore. Paul is proof that Pegg & Frost need Wright to make something amazing. Pegg & Frost have great chemistry but that chemistry isn't enough to make a good comedy.
The World's End is fucking great, you pleb.
I'm surprised so many people fell for this ancient copypasta.

Pegg is too big for this kind of stuff now