He deserved better

he deserved better
why doesn't his family just pull the plug?
no man deserves such fate.

Is he in a coma still?

By "pull the plug" do you mean take him out behind the barn and put a bullet in his head? He hasn't been in a coma for like 2 or 3 years

He apparently cant really walk (according to "sources"), but his family is doing the right thing and keeping their business to themselves rather than turning his recovery into a media circus.

But I imagine he isn't doing all that great if he's basically in hiding/isolation

They just hide the fact he's a veggie for marketing purpose.
They'll announce his death after Vettel wins the WDC with Ferrari and continue his legacy or, at worst, when Not So Quick Mick gets into F1

Butt plug?

He did good progress last year. Managed to open and close his eyes by himself.

Accoring to trustworthy sources he smiled when hamliton didn't break his pole record.

Hes going to tie it at Monza and break it in Germany

how do you know that la

skiing...not even once

Fuck that noise.

>spend your life driving at dangerous speeds for a living

>get btfo while skiing

wew

>can't really walk
can't really do anything apart from dribble, if his condition was anything above vegetative they would have told the media

They kept Ali alive when he was past a "livable" state

They'll do the same for Schumi

Is there any article with confirmed info aboput what exactly his injuerie was? did he breake his neck or cracked his skull and got his brains all over the snow?

think it was just reported as a serious head injury, not really too much confirmed information. also his agent seems to be full of shit, the family and lawyer keep clearing up her statements. doctors say it's likely he would have died if he hadn't used a helmet.

So Hamilton won't get a Pole Position for a whole year after Monza?

forgot to mark

This is one of those ironic things though. I remember reading an interview with Tony Hawk where he talks about the most dangerous things he's done stonerplanking, building to building jumps etc, but then they ask him the most serious injury he's sustained while stonerplanking. Jumping down three stairs for a commercial and completely fucked his ankle.
Patton was the same. Made it through the most bloody war in human history only to die after a car crash two weeks after the war, when he found out the wrong side wo-, I mean by complete accident.

reported to the Brit intelligence services and Angela Merkel.

You don't have to forget that the rest of the Schumacher family is in the best position possible in this situation, especially his wife.

He has probably about half a billion in money, and it's all available, without getting taxed, rights get prolonged for the family, so there is money coming in for longer, there are loads of ways to play it up for the media, if times should get tough and if he's alive, but in vegetable mode, how long will that last? Maybe a couple of decades?

I don't understand, are the revenues while he's alive that much higher than they would be if it was his estate?

Seems cheaper to cash in on his legacy (think Dale Earnhardt/Theresa Earnhardt) then pay all those medical costs and be tied down in such a way.

I think she straight up loves the dude and can't bear to be without him, or can't bear the responsibility of being the one to decide to pull the plug.

People are irrational sometimes.

The medical costs are probably very limited - limited especially if one considers that most of the cost is from trying to save him, not from his recovery right now. I mean, yeah, it costs something, they probably sell much more in Schumacher licensed stuff. Old contracts. He has loads of them - many of them might also be tied to him directly as a person and not as a brand/marketable thing.

But what you're saying is probably right as well. I can't see her making the decision on her own, or at least, not after loads of time has passed, and well, maybe they already see his end coming and she doesn't want to end it prematurely.
It's just really something you shouldn't forget - rich people in a coma or severely disabled, but far from being legitmately dead, is probably the best way to own assets and money in the world - for the family, that has access, of course. It might seem cynical, but him being completly disabled pretty much makes him legally unattackable, and therefore the wealth is protected as well.
There is no family infighting because of it, because there will be one person who will be in control - his wife, in this case, legally responsible for him, but only passively - his assets don't become hers, as long as he isn't dead - even if she has control over every single penny of it.
Ralf can't come up and demand his share. No fighting with the kids, because if they want to continue their pricey lifestlye, they need to stay in good touch with the one, that controls the money.
And then the really fun part starts when you consider that it's completely possible and sufficiently legal that Schumacher still can sign contracts and stuff like that, it gets all the more interesting. (It's not technically legal, but all you really need is a cooperating lawyer, and with that kind of money, that won't be a problem. Also a good connection to you bank helps - again, with that kind of money, no problem.)

I can imagine it being hard since the person in front of you is basically just asleep as far as physicality goes.

Scientists put what was left of Schumacher's brain a jar. They're going to fix the brain and create a cyborg once the technology is ready, as per Schumi's requests. The cyborg will be programmed to be excellent at skiing to avoid problems in the future.