I just watched the godfather 2 and i didn't like it. Am i the only one...

I just watched the godfather 2 and i didn't like it. Am i the only one? I felt as if it were a completely diffrent movie to number 1 being as how unstructured it was and how long it was. I thoroughly enjoyed 1 but with 2 i couldn't even get through it, half the time i was playing on my phone just so i wouldn't completely lose interest. The main faults i would were that there were too many characters and they were never explained, this led to me not understanding any of the plot besides the base plot - Michael is the boss someone killed him and he wants revenge.

It's the kind of movie you appreciate more the second or third time you see it. There are a lot of characters like you said so once you are familiar with the plot and don't need to pay as much attention to it, you can appreciate all the other great aspects of the movie.

I personally liked it more than the first 1 but I'm Sicilian and half the movie takes place in my backyard

>half the time i was playing on my phone just so i wouldn't completely lose interest.

there was probably more sicily screentime in the first

second just had the opening and deniro going back whereas the first had an entire middle section set in sicily

Yeah, you're right. I haven't seen the movies in a few years so I mixed it up

>It's the kind of movie you appreciate more the second or third time you see it
I feel like this sentiment could be applied to any film.

no worries i had to double check wikipedia myself
after i posted

>77410036
I did like the flashbacks and the parts about vito, probably more so than the rest. Ill give the movie another chance in a years time. Also is the 3rd movie worth it? Or would i be wasting my time?

I was playing those idle tapper games so i was still watching the movie. Its a weird thing but it helps me keep concentration.

>half the time i was playing on my phone

Go wash your pussy then kys, my man.

fun fact: the actor who played Sonny demanded (and got) the same salary for Part II as he had in Part I, even though he only appeared in 1 scene in Part II

You may have a neurological disorder.

The third one is trash, don't bother

Relax i was just doing it to see the progression of the game. I was just looking at my phone every 15 minutes to see how much virtual money i made.

Was Fredo /ourguy/? I know for a fact he was /myguy/

Ha. I do the same thing too, but only with tv shows I have either seen a lot of beforehand, or will see a lot of in the future.

Anyways the second movie is great, don't know why you didn't enjoy it. I liked it better than the first because it shows you Vito's origin and really emphasizes the focus on family. You work hard, you grow up hard, and betrayal is brutal when you have history like that.

And the third movie is alright despite the shitty acting. I recommend you watch (or rewatch) Carlito's Way instead.

Fredo was a bitch who couldn't honor his father's wishes and risked his brother's life for his ambition. You don't do that to family, son. You give your life, you don't trade their's for anything.

He was also quite stupid.

Considering this was the first time ive watched the godfather 1 and 2, it hasnt had the same effect on me as someone who knows every character. In a few months ill watch it again since its considered such an amazing movie and ill probably enjoy it then.

Now his line is "Just when I have gout, they pull me back in. With uric acid."

>Carlito's Way
My fucking nigger

I'm smart! Not like everybody says... like dumb... I'm smart and I want respect!

>tfw you realize Fredo is Sup Forums

That was code for you are too dumb to follow the film.

to be fair they basically swap out Clemenza for Pentangeli, it does fuck with the narrative between movies a bit

Anyone prefer the chronological layout of the story in "The Godfather Saga"?

never seen it, I was thinking of tracking down a linear cut, is it any good?

It's a lot easier to follow.

>its a lot easier to follow
its already very easy to follow, maybe i'll give it a pass

Read the book. I watched the godfather for the first time a few years ago (around 15 years old maybe?) And i found it absolutly boring. But then I read the book and I understood everything going on. I rewatched the first movie and fell in love. Also when you start noticing the subtle things like the beautiful camerawork, the amazinf acting and the cool easter egg where everytime shit is about to go down, there are oranges somewhere in the scene, it just becomes amazing. Seeing as i found the first one boring, I suggest reading the book. I know thanks to that, it became one of my favorite movies of all time.

reading the book is a big plus when watching both of these, for Brasi if nothing else