Why have they been so useless this century? They were so cool in the 20th

Why have they been so useless this century? They were so cool in the 20th

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=AZgyOn1UWKo
youtube.com/watch?v=H_yrlNCXZNk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

They need fresh blood.

They ventured to bomb a US naval base and got pwned. After then every feat they achieved went tumbling down and everything they once built crumbled to shreds. They are just subsisting on the debris and leftovers of their glory days

It hasn't even been 20 years, give it a rest

do you like japan?

youtube.com/watch?v=AZgyOn1UWKo

wait, isn't op talking about the 80s and 90s?

>They were so cool in the 20th

t.takeshi

they were castrated by the US

Americanize

weak! pathetic!

but australians are american

really makes you think

>australians are american

haha um... no sweetie... but that's cute (;

Japan Collapsed by liberal

Japanese life in this century is better than the 20th though

even now the only country exporting their stuff as non-euro
im satisfied with it

>even now the only country exporting their stuff as non-euro
are you a time traveler from the 20th century?

this!!!

japan has always been shit

the problem is the west has unironically been shitter than it today everything is boring and no 3rd world countries incl "new countries" like sk taiwan couldnt produce any interesting cultural stuff in the last 10 years but only corporate mass production garbage.

Economic recession.

Same with the west, the only difference there is that it's cultural recession rather than economic, so it may seem less stagnant.

That's what an industrialised nation's supposed to look like. What do you expect from a country whose economy heavily relies on secondary industries?

Asians have no creativity. Lack of innovation results in stagnant economy.

Ikr. When westerners were innovating and developing their production technologies, we were just complacent on our status quo, which's why we've started falling behind.

im talking about culture. not about an industry or an economic structure. both white and black become utter shit compared to the last century, whereas japan has always been shit. they just became like boring talentless hacks parroting unfunny shit, the immigration matter cant rationalise it

It's just that Japan is the same as other developed nations with little military hegemony

this

Give up. We are Asians. Our cultures can never be the mainstream. It'd be better for your mental health just to let it go and indulge yourself in Euro-American mainstream cultures. As long as you speak and understand English, there will be no problem, I suppose.

But Japan is the greatest country in the world, what are you talking about stupid abo nigger

t.hirohito

t. polish anti-intelectual

Another quality thread brought to you by stormfag Australia.

t.takeshi
t.toyota

t. pyong-song

I got a papercut from your edgeness.

2D is becoming more and more mainstream by the day

the era of asians is over
now is the time for elves

t.tanaka

It could've chopped ur fingers off tho

Well, maybe only in your daydream? Your being an anime otaku doesn't mean it's making its way to the mainstream.

I never watch 2D but I see and hear more of it from other sources such as news, than I did years ago

remember that your k-pop is far better than Euro-American pop

t. kim

America cucked Japan with the Plaza Accord Act.

We literally forced Japan to sign the act.

We would have Gundams by now if we left Japan alone.

The capitalism the built the country from ashes during the Showa period has become degenerate and self-serving.

This is Marxism 101. Capitalism only works up until a point, and then it actively begins to hold society and culture back. In the 50s, laborers worked long hours to literally rebuild their country. Now office workers endlessly shuffle papers for appearance's sake. Nothing is actually created.

All of the ancillary industries of late capitalism like advertising and market research also have a dampening effect upon art and technology. Only what's tired and true sees release.

I'm not sure if Japan is the world's no. 1 proving ground for Marxism. I think it might actually be South Korea. But eventually these absurdities cannot hold.

It has nothing to do with being Asian. It's capitalism.
Most American and European cultural output is also complete and utter garbage.
Superhero movies? Game of Thrones?

We got old.

>Gundams
we already have

youtube.com/watch?v=H_yrlNCXZNk

shush

it really is though

Are there any Japs here who would rather be born in 50s or 60s and spent their youth in 60-80s?
Get on the time machine with me.

le wrong generation

In Japan until 90 there were plenty of lovely stuff.
A spittoon in station restroom, sports coach who publicly abuse and rape their students, incoherent street parking, so on.

He's right. Anime is more and more popular all over. Even among normalfags.

>Anime is more and more popular all over.

I've never heard that before.

(ㆁωㆁ*)

As the most aged country barring Monaco, Japanese economy's been restructured to cater to old people, so you can't expect much from such a country. When Japan was GOAT, Japanese people were younger and tried a lot of things. Now, this country is full of old people impervious to new stuff.