I am with the Force, the Force is with me

I am with the Force, the Force is with me.

Is his kung fu strong in this movie?

This is reddit. This is memes.

Cringe
Cringe
Cringe
I could barely sit through the damn thing.

TARS, set memeposting to 100%.

He repeated it too often. A light mantra a few times would have been fine, but the number of times he said it made the shallowness of the doctrine all the more transparent

The FooUrsse is strong.

He literally didn't need lines since his point was

>I'M CHINESE AND IN THE STAR WARS MOVIES PLEASE CHINA MARKET GIVE US MORE $$$

why did they make the asian dude the kung fu monk guy? wasn't this movie supposed to be progressive?

at least get the chant right, fuck

0/10

Neojap vs Smithtroopers

>the movie

How they managed to ruin blind force munk Ip Man is fucking beyond me.
That film was a mess.

So in all honestly, how powerful is this guy? He seemed stronger in the force than Luke. Temple Defense movie about these Jedi monks when?

low plot armor

it would be better if he was a jedi or is he got character development

He's not a Jedi, nor should he have been. He is part of the order of whills. And he's not force sensitive, he's force attuned. Which is the lite version of force sensitivity. This executed well in Rogue One - not sure what more you needed spelt out.

He is basically the more pure display of the faith aspect of the Force

He can't control it but he feels it passively, and when he trusted in it completely, it aided him

I wanted to cry at this moment. Was so emotional

BAZINGA

Rogue.One-A.Star.Wars.Story.2016.HDCAM.AC3.2.0.x264-BDP

So he's just a daoist?

BAZE?

This is why I felt they weren't wasted in the movie.

>TFA - the force is a meme, everyones forgotten it, its treated as nothing more than a joke to power up our mary sue because the plot dictates it

>R1 - the force is a motif for hope and the struggle against the dark side, which is much more in line with the OT

I fucking knew the asians were going to be "force mystics", like I just knew they'd be unable to come up with interesting character elements so they'd just say random force bullshit that doesn't actually mean anything

fuck it's like such an asian stereotype too they use to occlude the lack of actual character or understanding of what Star Wars and the force really means

It's just so lame

>the force is a meme, everyones forgotten it, its treated as nothing more than a joke to power up our mary sue because the plot dictates it
Yes, just like how in reality, Lucas destroyed the mythos of Star Wars by creating the shit sandwiches we know as the prequels. TFA is mirroring the world we live in and the attitude people had towards star wars. it's literally a super meta movie about the series and how it's trying to reawaken peoples love for these movies.

Trashing the prequels while defending TFA. I think you are the meme here.

The Force has always been a grab-bag amalgamation of various religious ideas and the Daoist aspect has always been there, but Chirrut definitely leans towards it

It's like a one way relationship with the Force unlike how with a Jedi it goes both ways

Neither of them are "force mystics". One of them is someone who strongly believes in the force, the other is his friend who no longer does.

This character is entirely extraneous to the story besides flipping a switch at the end.

Also how did his friend lose faith in the force when this asshole literally uses it to see?

I'm not saying it's good or anything, but it seems obvious they were going for Baze (or whatever his name was) having become a violent cyncial no-hoper due to the destruction of their way of life and living under the Imperial occupation force APART from the one thread of hope to continue, which is his friend.
Like, everyone having that one sliver of hope is the main theme of the movie.
So everything Baze had lived through and who he was before the events as a person made him 95% think his faith was useless, but he has that 5% that keeps coming up.
Like, people get pissed at God or whoever when bad shit happens to them oh god isn't real boo hoo etc, I make my own difference - "the force isn't with you, I am" or whatever he said.

Although yes, losing your faith in the Force when your best mate uses his own faith to pull off sweet ninja moves does kind of torpedo the idea and just makes him seem like a blinkered idiot.

He doesn't use it to see, he's basically daredevil

He can't use the force at all neither of them can

Fuck off, the guy shot down a spaceship.

Good post

I wasn't the only one who thought that part where he places his hand in front of his moth and breaths in was kino af r-right?

Why the fuck did he walk so slowly to the switch...? You can use/believe in the force while doing extreme things... guess he had a deathwish?? Or they felt the need for overdramatization when he wasn't that dumb the rest of the movie...

Yeah because he's daredevil, see

Losing faith in the force doesn't mean you stop believe it exists, it means you stop believing in it on a religious level, that it's an inherently good thing that guides and protects, etc.

It's helping his friend see but it didn't do much to stop the Jedi from being genocided and the holy site they were guardians of being desecrated.

i honestly thought his staff was going to be revealed to be a lightsaber of sorts, what with the way he was holding it towards the end and the metallic hilt.

I liked him

I'm honestly glad they didn't. It would be a bit too obvious and on the nose

His voice was annoying as fuck.

Not being contrarian. But his voice was fine, in fact his English has improved heaps.

>pretending to be a jedi when you don't even have a lightsaber
Really felt bad for this cuck

Lol