Post black singers that actually wrote their own music

Post black singers that actually wrote their own music

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Cjr5U7g6aiA
youtube.com/watch?v=ziWySuvZun0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Wanted to put Nina but she didn't write her own stuff.

Uhhh sweety, Zach writes their music.

>tfw almost every black song you thought were masterpieces were composed by whites
What a thief of a race

>be Paul Pena
>blind as fuck
>forced to write music for the white man when you can perform it better yourself

youtube.com/watch?v=Cjr5U7g6aiA

they write together

Prince
Willie Dixon
Erykah Badu

but stevie wonder and ray charles were blind

Billy Ocean

Stevie Wonder's lyrics often have a lot of visual imagery. So either he has a ghostwriter or the niggas not blind

youtube.com/watch?v=ziWySuvZun0

not proof

Michael Jackson wrote alot of his greatest hits

as a black that made me sad to realize

tv on the radio

This desu

>implying black people don't write every song

not doubting, but do you have some examples?

he's black at heart

most jazz artists i'd think

Hahahahaa no. Back to plebbit

Erykah has shit tons of songwriters and arrangers dude

Prince did write, compose and arrange everything he ever did single handedly (aside from the song Around the World in a Day which was by Wendy Coleman's brother and Computer Blue by him and the Revolution)

sort of; what share of the input they had in some of those classic songs is a bit muddy

tybg

He literally didn't write almost anything on blonde, just sang over beats he had done for him

wow Prince is fucking based, I didn't know that but I just gained a lot of respect for him

Ah, that's just not true. He did write 95% of it, but there's other credits all over his discography. Just to name a few he didn't write all of the raps on the Symbol Album (or the other NPG albums), Parade had various help including with arrangements, and a few notable names like Morris Day on Dirty Mind.

fuck you, retard. Do you research, he wrote most but not all
Here's a list of co credits from some of the best material (78-90)
>Morris actually wrote the music to Partyup and was offered $X000 or a record deal for prince to have the sole writing credit for it, and Morris took the deal and thus The Time got their record deal. He also co-wrote Shake!
>Andre Cymone co wrote Uptown and Do Me Baby in it's entirety
>Dr Fink write the music to dirty mind and co wrote the music with Prince and Eric Leeds to It's Gonna Be A Beautiful Night
>Chris Moon co wrote lyrics on Soft and Wet and My Love is Forever
>Prince's Dad co wrote (along with Wendy and Lisa) computer blue, and co-wrote (with Prince) The Ladder, Christopher Tracy's Parade & Scandalous
>David Coleman co wrote (with Prince and his dad) Around the world in a day
>Wendy & Lisa wrote the music to Mountains
>Carole Davis co wrote the lyrics to Slow Love
>Susannah Melvoin co-wrote the lyrics to Star Fish and Coffee
>Sheena Easton co wrote The Arms of Orion
>Levi Seacer, Jr. co wrote Release It, and (along side Morris Day) Love Machine.
Then there are a bunch of co-writing credits on the NPG records