Post rogue one Webms pls

Other urls found in this thread:

a.pomf.cat/cajpbx.webm
youtu.be/od6km24d1yo
a.pomf.cat/iiybrx.webm
a.pomf.cat/ubijnc.webm
a.pomf.cat/ogfdbm.webm
twitter.com/AnonBabble

why? wont they all just be shit quality?

Idc I just want to see the Vader scene again

he can't leave the house
the door is too narrow

Requesting Vader killing rebels gif/webm

a.pomf.cat/cajpbx.webm

>a.pomf.cat/cajpbx.webm
LAUNCH!!!!
luckiest guy there.

This legit made me feel like a kid again.

I'm sorry fans who've seen this movie. That looks fucking retarded.

noice!!!

The Star Destroyer was disabled. It was basically just drifting in space. The little ship just acted like a tug boat to give it a little boost. wat problem?

This, why didn't the smaller ship just fucking crumple when it hit the star destroyer? I thought it was a joke when it just hit the side and nothing happened.

>rebels prepare to take off with the plans
>vader's star destroyer appears out of nowhere and run over rebel scum fleet
>mfw

Best Rogue One moment right there, post it

how the fuck is a ship the size of a large yacht able to push a fucking imperial star destroyer like that?

There are a dozen things wrong with this scene and I don't think I need to point any of them out.

Because it's In space? The objects have no weight?

read the thread dipshit

Well that's convenient

I wonder how much speed that smaller ship would need to overcome that capital ships mass. I also wonder how strong that smaller ships hall/frame has to be to withstand such a massive impact and bounce off the side like their bumper cars. I'm further curious to know why all those pilots in the smaller ship didn't go splat on the window in front of them considering it takes a car much less speed to have people rag doll through the windshield.

It really is.

It's like the filmmakers thought "This is gonna be retarded regardless so let's just make it so blatantly retarded that it's self-explanatory in its inanity to save people trouble in explaining it"

>Because its In space? Objects have no weight?

how come that bigger ship slices through that other big ship like butter?

>all these niggers watching webms of a shitty camrip and thinking they can talk about the movie
Why are you all so poor and obese?

i'm not obese in space because there is no weight in space.

>ships equal in size go through each other like hot butter
>ship 1/10th the size with 1/10th the power rams one of said ships into the other somehow with almost zero visual damage

If you honestly defend this shit you should be chemically castrated.

they're called hammerheads. look at their shape. they're specifically designed for this purpose.

Anyone have a webm of Jyn and Cassian getting BTFO by the Death Star?

Then why didn't all the people in that "hammerhead" ship go flying forward like in a car crash when they hit the bigger one? That ship had to have been going hundreds of miles per hour.

>waste the money to build an entire ship just for it to kamikaze.

the rebellion doesn't seem tohave that much money to have expendable ships.

ion cannons from y-wings disabled it. had no forces acting on it. hammerhead able to headbutt it into other ship. tore through other ship because its hull hit the "person" compartment of it and not the hull, which, in comparison, is much thinner compared to hull.

In space if you push something in one direction, with no matter how small an amount of force, you have to exert that force in the opposite direction to stop moving. The ship had been disabled, it could not do this.

If it had no power the ship would have been pulled down into the planet by the planets gravity.

Not to mention that smallers ship would have crumbled like a beer can when it hit that capital ship, but it somehow maintained it's integrity. Face it man, that scene is garbage.

That doesn't explain how it collided full speed into a Star Destroyer and didn't get torn to pieces.

the "le no weight" argument means nothing here.

if what you are saying is true then NASA needs to watch this movie ASAP to better understand how mass and velocity relates to inertia.

Sup Forums son GTFO!

The ship has artificial gravity, pretty sure they can project this gravity in the opposite direction of what they're going to hit, to act as an enertial dampener.

youtu.be/od6km24d1yo
Because Disney are kiddie shits

It was the will of the force user.

>concentrate shield on front
>proceed for ramming speed

it's not even something new for sci-fi

There was still some gravity. The bigger the object, the bigger the planet would pull. Jedah, could has a high ravitational polarity or something

a.pomf.cat/iiybrx.webm
Here with sound

The are not shields but reflector shields and they only blocks lasers and small masses.

What is mass?

wew lad

those calamari dudes are in command because they're 3D tactical geniuses. They wouldn't have used that hammerhead ship if they didn't know it could take it.

it's just doing the exact same shit IRL tugboats do. though yeah ramming it at speed seemed a little counter-productive, but I guess they were in a hurry for ~some reason~

a.pomf.cat/ubijnc.webm
With sound

Sorry about that text, it's hardcoded into the video...

no, if you're in orbit you are "weightless" because you're already in freefall

weight not mass. mass/inertia was still in effect, that little ship took a while to get the SD moving.

Alright, so lets say that the plot armor is how good the Calamari are at making ships. Even IF the ship was able to collide into something that big and not get torn to pieces, how did all the people on board not die? Even Call of fucking Duty did a ship collision scene better than Star Wars.

Nice

There are no G forces in space, duh!

Turn off your computer and throw it out the window user

inertial dampners like in Star Trek

they shook around a bit but didn't go flying through the windshield. I guess they either didn't hit it as hard as you think (what I figured at the time) or that's what the inertial dampers they're always talking about are for (it is)

What the flying fuck is this shit?
These physics are too retarded for me to enjoy.

It's like they were attempting to make something that made sense, and then just said "Fuck it" half-way through.

please google the difference between weight and mass, it is important.

basic science literacy is important.

I know the difference user. I made that reply because weight is irrelevant in this argument.

>not liking ramming frigates

That tiny ship produced the force required to push on star destroyer through another? I find this hard to believe.

Are you fuckers seriously complaining about PHYSICS in a Star Wars movie?

>A little boost
Nigger, it turned it into a fucking katana.

With the amount of energy it had, it could have just just flew threw and punctured both of them, and it would have at least made sense.

Yeah

Can someone post the Vader scene pls?

Is this space kino?

lol np

Thanks user

they're desperate to hate the movie I guess, even though it was about a gorillion times better than TFA.

Jyn deserved better. She should've been the protagonist in TFA. At least she has one more movie left.

F=ma, nigga

You're the scientifically illiterate one.

This isn't an issue of weight vs. mass.

F=MA still applies in space. Even things that are weightless require an immense amount of energy to move.

Now please. Throw your fucking computer out the window already.

reminds me of Empire at War

literally sunlight is enough to change the orbit of comets.

it doesn't matter how much or little force you apply to an object in space, or how large that object is. unless something is counteracting your force, velocity will continue to accumulate.

weight is relevant because it's a directional vector which counteracts other forces either directly or though friction. if gravity is involved, the relative weight of the objects involved can be important. in a weightless scenario (such as in orbit you are in freefall and are experiencing "microgravity"), it isn't a factor.

the physics was actually fine, apart from maybe the dudes inside the ship not wearing seatbelts.

what you are seeing in this thread is a massive failure of the western education system.

wait, explosions with fire don't occur in the vacuum of space? I say you're full of shit

>people arguing about movie physics in a movie with space wizards

>An entire legion of my best troops awaits them

a.pomf.cat/ogfdbm.webm

>literally sunlight is enough to change the orbit of comets.
>velocity will continue to accumulate.
Yeah, over massive periods of time

Seriously, you're not factoring time into any of your thoughts at all. Do you even understand what acceleration is?

i'm so gonna hate this fucking stupid movie.

their space battles are fucking trash, stargate had better space battles than this shit and that show is like 10 years older.

the little ship doesn't apply a giant impulse to the star destroyer, it builds velocity slowly by tugboating it with its engines maxed out. this is fine.

the fact that you remember a formula from literally day one of high school physics doesn't mean you know what you're talking about.

small forces can build velocity in large objects. it's fine.

Embarrassing really

Why don't we talk about the physics of capeshit too since we are at it.

time is already a factor. you can see the little ship straining the move the SD at first and then gradually building speed.

you're just trolling at this point right? I really can't dumb this shit down any further.

>the little ship doesn't apply a giant impulse to the star destroyer
It literally would have made more sense if it dide.

If it has enough energy to push one into the other, it could have just as easily went full "Bullet" mode and punctured the hulls of both in a single sweep. And that, at the very least, would have made sense.

>the fact that you remember a formula from literally day one of high school physics doesn't mean you know what you're talking about.
I promise I know more than you.

>gradually building speed.
Nigger, it took place in literally less than a minute.

The amount of force it would have generated in that amount of time should have punctured the first ship far more than it did. Instead, it somehow held up just long enough to magically turn the other ship into paper mache.

Shit makes no sense.

Technically, there will be fire in space from the combustibles going up, and it'll look actually more energetic as there's no air cooling and the combustibles will spread out a lot more.

Spot the samefag.

If it has enough energy to push one into the other, it could have just as easily went full "Bullet" mode and punctured the hulls of both in a single sweep. And that, at the very least, would have made sense.

that's literally true, I agree. but it's the exact same physics in play. The fact that you understand how that would work, but think there was some problem with what actually happened in the movie, is worrying.

>I promise I know more than you.
you're not really inspiring much confidence that this is the case by being super wrong right now, but whatever you say man

wow, the empire needs to stop building their bridges out of mozzarella

time is kind of elastic in movies. i would have appreciated if it took longer to gain speed before the first SD hit the second, yeah. but forgiving it for something nearly every movie does, the sequence of events was fine at least.

IT'S ZERO GRAVITY YOU DENSE MOTHERFUCKERS!!! A FUCKING MOUSE COULD PUSH A FUCKING STAR DESTROYER IN THE VACCUM OF SPACE!!! ADD IN THE FACT THAT THEY WERE PUSHING DOWNWARDS WHILE THE PLANETS GRAVITY WAS PULLING EVERYTHING IN MADE IT POSSIBLE!!! WHY THE FUCK DO I HAVE TO EXPLAIN THIS RETARDED SHIT TO A BUNCH OF FUCKING OBTUSE INBRED MOUTHBREATHERS?!? WHY THE FUCK DO I COME HERE?!?

>The fact that you understand how that would work, but think there was some problem with what actually happened in the movie
No, the fact that you think the hull of the first ship was strong enough to withstand the minute long impulse of the tiny ship, yet the second ship just folded in half on impact is retarded.

The second ship wasn't just totaled. It was outright obliterated and literally cut in half.

>Crossbow in the fucking future

>IT'S ZERO GRAVITY YOU DENSE MOTHERFUCKERS!
F=MA applies in zero gravity.

Its soooo good

rebels are so fucking stupid
all they do is open holes in galactic defenses so that sith can swoop in and take over.

Elastic my ass, you see the commanding officers reacting in real time.

There is no way that a small ship like that could push a big ship, which is in freefall.

That's like saying a paper airplane can redirect a cannonball.

What should've happened is once the engines go out the Star Destroyer starts falling down at 10kmh towards the surface and when it falls (it might take it days) it would destroy everything underneath.

>There is no way that a small ship like that could push a big ship
It would and could if it had enough time.

The issue is that it didn't.

This whole scene is stupid because outer space is so big that ships would never be deployed that close to one another. This isn't like naval combat during the Napoleonic Wars. Pic related, since some woman must have come up with that sequence.

Using Rogue One logic that giant star destroyer in RotJ would've pushed Death Star 2 into Endor just by ramming it.

>people have never seen a tug boat

No, a mouse couldn't.

You still need to overcome the mass of the ISD to move it.

If you pushed against it in space (where you and the ISD were at rest), you'd fly away.

That's like saying me pushing against a building would move it after a while.