Why are americans so butthurt and insecure about soccer?

Why are americans so butthurt and insecure about soccer?

because its not """""manly"""""", american sports have to be """""manly"""""

literally no one cares enough to be butthurt or insecure about it

Why are you so butthurt and insecure about soccer?

>weebshit in a sport forum

Cant for the mass nanning in the coming months

Someone's gotta do it, since you smooth brownies are all so adept at being traps. I bet your last name is De La Cruz.

For the (You)s.

Fuck off satania

Try checking the catalog again burger

unironically this
typical monkey thread using our language begging for our attention
kek sad

anigay out

Same reason the rest of the world is so butthurt and insecure about American Football during the season. Easy (you)s

Huebump

>"i don't care about soccer"
>proceeds to make a 200 word blog on how he doesn't care about soccer

>7-1

I'm not insecure, I'm quite optimistic. We've been consistently qualifying for World Cups and hopefully in 2018, consistently making it to the second round. It's all building up to bigger and better things.

I almost went the entire day without thinking about soccer until you made this post, you're irrelevant to me but you can keep trying sweetie.

>200 words

What is this, a highschool essay?

The only time I even hear about soccer is on here. That and when some 1/50th """""Jamaican""""" tried putting the game on in the break room.

So did you not let him watch ir?

>all this projection

>HEY! HEY! LOOOK AT ME!!!!!

>what?

>STOP FUCKING LOOKING AT ME

You forget:

>Hey guys, DAE hate it when people look at you?

fuck off plebbit

Europeans seem to

Because they think they are the best at everything. And now they suck at football (the real one everybody plays, not the one played with an egg) and they feel shame and powerlessness, so they are like "duh I never cared about it anyway, now leave me alone, I'm WORLD CHAMP IN MY SPORTS DAMMIT"

This. Literally no one in the real world talks about it, unless it's about their kids going to soccer practice or something.

Fuck off, faggot

>butthurt

we literally don't care, it gets less coverage here than furpack, the 4th most popular sport

We're really not. The women's team gets good support and the men's team can draw a few flies when they're good. And it's a big participation sport with kids and women.

The backlash toward soccer you see is a result of the sports media here trying to "make it happen," constantly telling us we should love it and embrace it because it's the world's game.

So Americans tune in, find it uninteresting or boring, and shrug our shoulders. It's not "our" game. We already had baseball and football, while the beginnings of ice hockey and basketball were taking shape by the time soccer really arrived here. It never attached to the culture, just like cricket didn't attach to mainland Europe's culture despite being England's national sport way before soccer was even invented.

It's grown some, but not to the extent the media wants it to. Men's national team games will lose to women's softball in the ratings. Americans really only care about the World Cup, and it's more out of patriotism than anything else.

And the media will try to make it happen again in 2018.

>Why are americans so butthurt
I'm currently butthurt at everything not just soccer, but that's what happens when you're dealing with fucking bed bugs. Also I just started watching soccer with the confed cup and gold cup, and it's not that bad desu.

lmaoing @ all the butthurt amerifats itt xD

>everybody plays
the majority of the world doesnt play it tho

>he doesn't now about the chinese league
I'll give you the indians tho

This is a sensible answer which is fairly rare these days. But don't you think your demographic evolution (ie latinos on the big rise) will change that in the upcoming decades?

You think racist corporate America will cater to broke beaners? The mainstream media always has followed what white people want, why do you think baseball is still a thing

>But don't you think your demographic evolution (ie latinos on the big rise) will change that in the upcoming decades?

Maybe. But you can't simply look at a demographic map of the US, see 30 million Latinos or whatever and assume they all like soccer.

Multigeneration Latinos who've been here since the 19th century typically aren't hardcore soccer fans nor their children, and multigens do make up a big portion of the Latino demographic.

And Latino birthrates have been in free fall.

It's hard to predict what will be popular 20-30 years from now. I remember pundits at the height of the Jordan era saying basketball will overtake baseball and the NFL in the coming years. Then Jordan retired and ratings tanked.

Basketball has a lot of social media presence and talking heads love to debate it on ESPN and such, but it's still firmly 3rd on lists of American's favorite sports. And no team really draws unless they have Lebron or Steph.

Chinese are avid football customers (easily top3 watched and practiced sport) but their organizations are corrupt as fuck.
Indians actually play, too, but have little organization. It's also a very regional sport there.
Everybody plays football in the World. The only, only "big" country I could acknowledge doesn't give a damn about football is Pakistan.

I like soccer more than football and it apparently makes me a weird fuck to other burgers.

>tf
>soccer

Is it a proxy?

depends on your State I suppose. If you live in the deep south Alabama you're fucked