How do americans choose their """""favourite""""" European football team?

How do americans choose their """""favourite""""" European football team?

explain

for me it was all the Messi hype when he was coming up and subsequent YouTube videos

No idea. I'd imagine they just choose the club who's name reminds them the most of the first dick they sucked.

How do americans choose their """""favourite""""" sports franchise?

American don't. Sup Forums isn't indicative of how little we give a fuck about soccer. You're lucky if literally one out of every thousand people care about soccer at any level or in any capacity. That said, the one person I do know who is a Man U fan is so because he lived over there for a few years and became one then.

went to school in germanistan

man city because it seems to trigger the most people. I should probably be a liverpool fan since im a bostonfag and henry owns them too

Who are the Lakers or yankees of euro soccer?

Thats my team

Beckham was popular at United when I started getting into soccer. Stuck with them ever since

I chose Hamburger SV because I thought the name was funny and I liked the logo. I really don't give a shit about soccer though, I only watch a dozen games a year.

Political leaning of the fans/club is an important one.

Cringe

I don't. I just enjoy the game as a neutral third party.

I'm a hipster that picked middle of the table premier league teams like Crystal Palace and Aston Villa [spoiler]RIP[/spoiler]

I'll ask the locals when i go to italy in a month who I should support

wont be juventus or Roma

I root for the team my father raised me to root for, duh. Or my university's team. Whichever happens to be playing.

Back in the day there were only 3 leagues you could watch on American television:

>MLS
>Premier League
>Serie A

I watch MLS but I also watch Manchester United because I feel more connected to England than I do Italy. Not to mention, the teams that SAF put out were amazing. I still have my Ronaldo long sleeve with the gold Premier League patches, he was one of my idols in my teenage years.

I felt pity for Cruz Azul, wanted them to win a Championship and return to their glory days. The ride never ends

/lifelong/ here. literally never followed anyone else.

I like Tottenham Hotspur because they have a cock for a logo.

My college room mate was a palace fan so I just went with that

You tell me.

for me it was easy,
its SS Lazio

How do Brazilians choose their favorite favela or type of monkey for their monkey soup?

Best friend is British. I root for his family's team

Tottenham have a cockerel. My university's mascot is a cockerel (Gamecock). Seemed like the most fitting. Also at that point in time Yedlin was still there and I thought it would be fun to watch a team with an American on it even though he didn't end up panning out for them.

Don't have a favorite Yuro team. I follow Adelaide United tho because of Football Manager.

hjk helsinkki b cos dey are in feefa gaems

Man Utd because it's basically like the Yankees if I understand correctly. I want to see a team win. That's why I like Real Madrid too. Just want to see teams win. I don't really feel like rooting for an underdog at this point tb h. Especially not in football

have last name literally meaning "German"

when i was 6-7 and starting watching football
that season Bayern Munchen were the best team culminating in Champions League final.

Been fan since then
also unironically support the german national team

My great-grandma was from Leicestershire

muh heritage

i liked the nike sega's when i was a kid. too bad they dont exist anymore.

By which club is the least gay, meaning Americans don't have a lot to choose from.

The fuck?

Is that Neymar jacking off some guys?

Yes. They told him he was free to go if he sucked all the Barça locker room. And he did it, the absolute monkey

I play pes with mods and scroll each country to find a cool logo to pick.

My first one was abion because seagulls

>American """""humour"""""

Used to support Fulham when they had like 5 americans in their lineup
No point in supporting a euro team these days when most major cities have soccer teams.
I follow pl, la Liga , series a. Just watch the top leagues

Trick question, no actual American watches soccer

How's the Midwest treating yah?

I live in Boston. Maybe your spic state watches soccer but not us

>Today I worked the game in Nashville. The giant group in Lot R that were tailgating gave me a towel and a foam finger in an attempt to win me over. I have been successfully assimilated. I suddenly have a burning hatred for arsenal. That's normal, right?

>Yep! Guy with sunglasses and a beard as well as a blond lady gave you the stuff, right? That was us! Specifically, Nashville Spurs! We watch every game during the season. Make your way out for a few, and have a good time with us. Glad to win you over!

Like that.

Probably things we were raised on from our parents.

Chicago Fire-Born in Chicago
Cruz Azul- Dads team when he grew up in Mexico in the 60s-70s
Celta Vigo- Galician Grandma
Porto- Grandpa is portugués
Milan-My first FIFA game was FIFA 2005 and they were the team I chose because I liked their jerseys, they stuck with me over the years and I have high hopes for them this season.
Real Madrid and Man U- big fan of Beckham, Rooney(lel), Ronaldo, Ramos, Casillas, Cristiano, Zidane and Sholes growing up. Also my dad hyped Chicarito so it was nice to watch some PL games with him sometimes. Real i only watch during clásicos, Champions league, and vs Madrid or Celta.

how do you feel being an anchor baby?

Based Reagan gave my dad amnesty in the late 80s, went to college and loved the stereotypical American immigrant dream of marrying a blonde white girl, I was born in 97. How do you feel being a FUCKING LEAF?

NYC = man city
Boston = liverpool

BTFO

I don't. Rather, I just watch and enjoy a good game.

BTFO

OP was probably being sarcastic but regrets it now

immigrant parents :^)

> football

It's called soccer, senpai.

Real Madrid

>also unironically support the german national team
cringe

post her feet if possible. tia

Any American that has a Yuropean soccer team should either deport themselves or commit suicide

met a guy at a bar who took me back to his place to fuck. when he pulled out his dick it had a huuuge QPR tattoo. it was one of the best times ive ever had. i can almost taste his delicious semen every time i watch my rangers play on TV.

I rooted for Germany in 2002 because I was a goalkeeper and Kahn played unreal. I've tended to root for Germany in every subsequent World Cup and European championship since that tournament. I'd hardly say that I support them, it more so just makes watching it a bit more fun if you root for a specific team when your own country is way too bad to ever make it there. It also helped that my dad went for England in 2006 because of Owen, so I wanted to see England get blown the fuck out.

I'd say I'd just support Canada if they were good, but if they suddenly got good over night I'd probably want them to lose because there would suddenly be a bunch of people bandwagoning the national team acting like they love soccer even though they've never seen or played a game in their life.

sound about right for that crock of shit

Yeah it really doesn't work without the laughing tape, does it?

I'm black so supporting France was the only choice

>le white womyn meme

Women already suck, american women are literally the worst shit in the entire universe. Prepare to be cucked 24/7 esé.

Any one of the following ways:

- They have a famous player
- They are from a major city
- They win consistently
- They like the club colors
- They have relatives from the area of the club
- They have friends who are fans of the club
- They have friends who are fans of the club's archrival
- They visited the city and/or attended a match

and how disappointed was he when he ended up with your mother?

I only root for meme teams

the color

Color/logo/heritage

Pic related

Most Americans don't watch soccer

Stop using this shitty image

Patrician choice

Palace life long here also...actually my gf is from South London

my dad bought me a buyern ball when I was like 6, that's okay right?

idk i just picked a few
watched a few matches, and whichever teams were most fun to watch i picked as my """"favorite""""

i chose juventus and chelsea by the way

they're owned by the baseball team who plays like 20 minutes from my house

>Americans watching soccer
>americans watching european soccer

>How do americans choose their """""favourite""""" European football team?

I didn't and never will. Divegrass is horrible cancer.

*tips*

My qt3.14 girlfriend likes barcelona. I like barcelona now.

Go for Torino

How do Belgians choose their favorite clubs in relevant leagues (i.e not yours)?

Probably similar to that.

When I found out that most clubs have a right or left wing political affiliation, that made picking a little easier at the start. I mostly support clubs that a player I liked once played for.

Picking a favorite Premier League club was almost impossible, all the clubs with even a slight chance of winning have a lot of jokes about them.

Real Madrid or Barcelona fans mostly pick based on whether they like Ronaldo or Messi more. Atletico Madrid fans are faggots that think they are special for not picking Real or Barce and that's mainly it.

I like Juventus because it's a club for southern Italians living in northern Italy. Since I'm half Italian I feel a connection to them.

There's really no German club worth supporting besides Bayern, though someone might still support Borussia if they haven't gotten off the 2013 bandwagon yet.

Ex was a Man U fan. Needed a team so I could talk shit. So, I picked the team with the best name.

Who is that semen demon? I don't care if it's (male)

My friends got me into playing FIFA, then got me to watch the EPL with them.

They liked United and Arsenal, so I knew those teams were out.

I fell in love seeing Lampard, Drogba and John Terry play. The rest is history.

Chelsea could get relegated to League 2 and I would figure out a way to watch them.

the human race is overrated

under-rated, and thank god you didn't say argentina, that shit is tired

Who is this cute girl? I think I'm in love with her.

City because I'm a hard man.
Birmingham City, of course.

>How do Belgians choose their favorite clubs in relevant leagues (i.e not yours)?
this way

I’m a Jew, so it was easy to picks Spurs.

i havent chosen yet

can someone help me

Burton Albion

>start watching after 2010 World Cup
>all my friends are united or Madrid fans
>only place I'll ever go to in britistan is London
>red is my favorite color
>RvP is GOATing it up

Became an Arsenal fan. It's been predominantly shit.

everyone in Boston seems to like arsenal or liverpool so i went with spurs

I got into soccer cuz of the 06 World Cup
At the time la liga games were aired live on cable, and I knew that the lead singer of The Casualties liked Barcelona, so I watched them playing when it was Eto'O and Ronaldinho at their prime, which was very fun for a newfag
Then I realized that la liga was a two horse race and started watching epl instead
Now I follow some league two teams and a non conference team that I read about in When Saturday Comes

When I lived in London for a few months my friends took me to a few Fulham matches. Fulham also had a handful of Americans on its squad then so I just stuck with them. When I went to study at Oxford a few years later, I still went out to Fulham matches, though at that point they were in the Championship.

I wish Fulham and Bolton wanderers would get better
And p-pompey =(((((((